• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• Robert Hall

• ocnblu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

Been away for a while.. summer stuff.. figured I'd get out an live while the weather was warm. Decided to get back into riding bikes.. had given it up back in '05 after my then wife (now ex) had issue

• • • ORDERED A TRUCK TODAY. • • •

Posted Images

More Wagon love....

29663874791_44c15579dc_o.jpg

36644742613_6939d57acf_o.jpg

37057244990_8ef0c618da_o.jpg

Thinking of 'Blu...

50002813876_3b298fc45b_o.jpg

We couild have Wagon Wednesday but its only Tuesday. 

47713077971_855e09325d_o.jpg

29633907342_d1e5b3c1e7_o.jpg

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Upvote 2
43 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Still snowing this morning...

IMG-4624.jpg

IMG-4625.jpg

IMG-4628.jpg

IMG-4629.jpg

Awesome, Thank you. We are frozen here, but clear skys for the week and weekend. Want more snow, but ski season does open this coming weekend. :D 

• Upvote 2

128978894_10157838540757916_596963403900

Taco, as in Tacoma....

Roof top tent on Ranger, i could see doing this...

128392108_3728154870548222_1889980390976

One Jeep pic to finish it out...

128364399_10221073682525109_467291273488

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

Very cool indeed! :metal:

• Upvote 1

This is amazingly cool, less than 4 minutes. Love the memory of the Fitzgerald, had friends of friends on the boat when it went down. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Turning the water back on at the short supply lines is a trick because they always drip until they're turned at the EXACT angle necessary.  Does anyone know a secret to avoiding this problem?

Tighten the packing nut a bit.

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This is amazingly cool, less than 4 minutes. Love the memory of the Fitzgerald, had friends of friends on the boat when it went down. 

Sweet...I've seen the Anderson a couple of times here in Cleveland... seeing these huge ships come up the river and out on the lake is so cool.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Sweet...I've seen the Anderson a couple of times here in Cleveland... seeing these huge ships come up the river and out on the lake is so cool.

I can't get enough of it. One day of my Honeymoon my new wife (32 yeqars ago) spent with me jsut watching big ships. One of the best most enjoyable days I ahve spent with her, and we have had a lot of damn fine days since. 

The mother of all gas powered tow rigs, I can't get enough of this either. 

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I can't get enough of it. One day of my Honeymoon my new wife (32 yeqars ago) spent with me jsut watching big ships. One of the best most enjoyable days I ahve spent with her, and we have had a lot of damn fine days since. 

Back in '88 right after high school took a vacation w/ my folks to the Michigan UP, went to the Soo Locks and watched the ships going through...I find them fascinating..

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I do hate fooling with water shut-off valves.   Turning the water back on at the short supply lines is a trick because they always drip until they're turned at the EXACT angle necessary.  Does anyone know a secret to avoiding this problem?

Do what @balthazarsaid, but on supply line valves, I always replace them with quarter turn valves. They don't seem to have the problem you described. Much more reliable.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Do what @balthazarsaid, but on supply line valves, I always replace them with quarter turn valves. They don't seem to have the problem you described. Much more reliable.

Ditto

1605412075_buick-reatta_mmthumb.jpg

49 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Tighten the packing nut a bit.

With all due respect, 'Blu is the last guy on the planet who needs advice on working a nut. 

37338801094_26c31d8256_c.jpg

Edited by A Horse With No Name
Spelling
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I love how purposeful and simple this looks. I prefer trucks and off road vehicles to have a simple work truck/down to buisiness vibe. 

1606246011_cinnimon-pass-co-19_mmthumb.j

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Bardstown KY, 1940 :

BardstownKY40 2.png

I miss America being unique from town to town and place to place. Was much more so when i was a boy in the 60's and 70's. This is infinitely preferable to the endless strip malls and chain resteraunts of suburbia that we seem to be currently afflicted with. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I miss America being unique from town to town and place to place. Was much more so when i was a boy in the 60's and 70's. This is infinitely preferable to the endless strip malls and chain resteraunts of suburbia that we seem to be currently afflicted with. 

I always think of the old Simon and Garfunkel song 'My Little Town' when I think of the small Ohio towns of my youth--'Nothing but the dead and dying back in my little town'...so true.    

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I always think of the old Simon and Garfunkel song 'My Little Town' when I think of the small Ohio towns of my youth--'Nothing but the dead and dying back in my little town'...so true.    

Yeah. a lot of places I hung out at as a teen ahve seriously gone to seed....

Hey Balthazar...your wife wants a boat apparently....you have an older GM Diesel....get the best of both worlds...

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

A very random thought: I can't help but wonder if AOC has AOL?

I am not sure. 

Do think confirmation bias is common in our discussions here, a good video on how to get away from it. 

• Haha 2