• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• Robert Hall

• ocnblu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

• • • ORDERED A TRUCK TODAY. • • •

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

Posted Images

More Wagon love....

29663874791_44c15579dc_o.jpg

36644742613_6939d57acf_o.jpg

37057244990_8ef0c618da_o.jpg

Thinking of 'Blu...

50002813876_3b298fc45b_o.jpg

We couild have Wagon Wednesday but its only Tuesday. 

47713077971_855e09325d_o.jpg

29633907342_d1e5b3c1e7_o.jpg

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Upvote 2
43 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Still snowing this morning...

IMG-4624.jpg

IMG-4625.jpg

IMG-4628.jpg

IMG-4629.jpg

Awesome, Thank you. We are frozen here, but clear skys for the week and weekend. Want more snow, but ski season does open this coming weekend. :D 

• Upvote 2

128978894_10157838540757916_596963403900

Taco, as in Tacoma....

Roof top tent on Ranger, i could see doing this...

128392108_3728154870548222_1889980390976

One Jeep pic to finish it out...

128364399_10221073682525109_467291273488

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

Very cool indeed! :metal:

• Upvote 1

This is amazingly cool, less than 4 minutes. Love the memory of the Fitzgerald, had friends of friends on the boat when it went down. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Turning the water back on at the short supply lines is a trick because they always drip until they're turned at the EXACT angle necessary.  Does anyone know a secret to avoiding this problem?

Tighten the packing nut a bit.

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This is amazingly cool, less than 4 minutes. Love the memory of the Fitzgerald, had friends of friends on the boat when it went down. 

Sweet...I've seen the Anderson a couple of times here in Cleveland... seeing these huge ships come up the river and out on the lake is so cool.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Sweet...I've seen the Anderson a couple of times here in Cleveland... seeing these huge ships come up the river and out on the lake is so cool.

I can't get enough of it. One day of my Honeymoon my new wife (32 yeqars ago) spent with me jsut watching big ships. One of the best most enjoyable days I ahve spent with her, and we have had a lot of damn fine days since. 

The mother of all gas powered tow rigs, I can't get enough of this either. 

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I can't get enough of it. One day of my Honeymoon my new wife (32 yeqars ago) spent with me jsut watching big ships. One of the best most enjoyable days I ahve spent with her, and we have had a lot of damn fine days since. 

Back in '88 right after high school took a vacation w/ my folks to the Michigan UP, went to the Soo Locks and watched the ships going through...I find them fascinating..

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I do hate fooling with water shut-off valves.   Turning the water back on at the short supply lines is a trick because they always drip until they're turned at the EXACT angle necessary.  Does anyone know a secret to avoiding this problem?

Do what @balthazarsaid, but on supply line valves, I always replace them with quarter turn valves. They don't seem to have the problem you described. Much more reliable.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Do what @balthazarsaid, but on supply line valves, I always replace them with quarter turn valves. They don't seem to have the problem you described. Much more reliable.

Ditto

1605412075_buick-reatta_mmthumb.jpg

49 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Tighten the packing nut a bit.

With all due respect, 'Blu is the last guy on the planet who needs advice on working a nut. 

37338801094_26c31d8256_c.jpg

Edited by A Horse With No Name
Spelling
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I love how purposeful and simple this looks. I prefer trucks and off road vehicles to have a simple work truck/down to buisiness vibe. 

1606246011_cinnimon-pass-co-19_mmthumb.j

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Bardstown KY, 1940 :

BardstownKY40 2.png

I miss America being unique from town to town and place to place. Was much more so when i was a boy in the 60's and 70's. This is infinitely preferable to the endless strip malls and chain resteraunts of suburbia that we seem to be currently afflicted with. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I miss America being unique from town to town and place to place. Was much more so when i was a boy in the 60's and 70's. This is infinitely preferable to the endless strip malls and chain resteraunts of suburbia that we seem to be currently afflicted with. 

I always think of the old Simon and Garfunkel song 'My Little Town' when I think of the small Ohio towns of my youth--'Nothing but the dead and dying back in my little town'...so true.    

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I always think of the old Simon and Garfunkel song 'My Little Town' when I think of the small Ohio towns of my youth--'Nothing but the dead and dying back in my little town'...so true.    

Yeah. a lot of places I hung out at as a teen ahve seriously gone to seed....

Hey Balthazar...your wife wants a boat apparently....you have an older GM Diesel....get the best of both worlds...

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

A very random thought: I can't help but wonder if AOC has AOL?

I am not sure. 

Do think confirmation bias is common in our discussions here, a good video on how to get away from it. 

• Haha 2