Random Thoughts Thread

8 hours ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 7.08.29 PM.png

It looks killer in that color. 

22 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Google brings up many renderings...could be nice.

Dodge-Charger-Magnum-1.jpg

2020-dodge-charger-hellcat-widebody-wagon-rendered-as-dodge-magnum-revival-135602_1.jpg

That next to a G8 based/Holden ute based pick em up....two vehicles that we should have gotten and didn't. 

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Now see, that is a very handsome machine.  If I had money and a big enough garage, I'd try to leverage my employee discount and get myself one.  DO IT!  YOLO!

Agree entirely. 

Although your truck is nothing to sneeze at. 

USPS-truck-fire-Connecticut.jpg

https://www.trucks.com/2020/12/01/postal-service-delays-mail-truck-replacement-contract-again/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=popup&utm_content=ram

Apparently the post office needs some new trucks...

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• Robert Hall

• ocnblu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been away for a while.. summer stuff.. figured I'd get out an live while the weather was warm. Decided to get back into riding bikes.. had given it up back in '05 after my then wife (now ex) had issue

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

Posted Images

Just now, ykX said:

Looks so much better than Silverado, especially in these colors.

I like the black wheels and the more subdued trim. 

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Google brings up many renderings...could be nice.  The red one appears to be the current Charger front stuck on the old Magnum body, seen pics of several of these that have been done in 1:1, even seen a couple w/ Challenger fronts. The 2nd rendering is a wagon w/ the current Charger lower bodysides..

Dodge-Charger-Magnum-1.jpg

2020-dodge-charger-hellcat-widebody-wagon-rendered-as-dodge-magnum-revival-135602_1.jpg

Those Rock, Thank you Robert!

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 7.08.29 PM.png

That is an Awesome looking truck, Professional and rocks! Home Run Hit and would serve you so well.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, David said:

Those Rock, Thank you Robert!

That is an Awesome looking truck, Professional and rocks! Home Run Hit and would serve you so well.

I love how sculpted the sides look. Much better than the slab sided look of a lot of other trucks. 

• Upvote 1

Mazda Honoring Local Heroes by Giving Them 100th-Anniversary Miatas

The free Miatas are going to 50 people who have dedicated themselves to their communities this year.

Mazda Miata Special Editions Being Gifted to 50 'Local Heroes' (caranddriver.com)

That's our local hero who gets the car:

N.J. teacher who turned his home into PPE factory honored with new car.

N.J. teacher who turned his home into PPE factory honored with new car - nj.com

Edited by ykX
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, ykX said:

Mazda Honoring Local Heroes by Giving Them 100th-Anniversary Miatas

The free Miatas are going to 50 people who have dedicated themselves to their communities this year.

Mazda Miata Special Editions Being Gifted to 50 'Local Heroes' (caranddriver.com)

That's our local hero who gets the car:

N.J. teacher who turned his home into PPE factory honored with new car.

N.J. teacher who turned his home into PPE factory honored with new car - nj.com

I really love and respect Mazda ans a corporation, and I so badly want a Miata. Kudo's to them. 

1280px-1934.morgan.super.sports.arp.jpg

• Upvote 2

Snow stopped overnight.  30 and sunny, supposed to get to 39 this afternoon.  Measured 15 inches off the back patio and front driveway..drifts larger.  Used the snowblower a bit, it gets bogged down in a foot or more of snow.  Was a heavy wet snow.  Did some shoveling, got the Jeep out and made some passes back and forth to knock down some of the snow in the driveway.    Cleared it enough for the Amazon deliveries and USPS...

B95BB398-A6D5-44AD-B165-FEDE331F8627.jpeg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Snow stopped overnight.  30 and sunny, supposed to get to 39 this afternoon.  I used the snowblower a bit, it gets bogged down in a foot or more of snow.  Was a heavy wet snow.  Dig some shoveling, got the Jeep out and made some passes back and forth to knock down some of the snow in the driveway.   

B95BB398-A6D5-44AD-B165-FEDE331F8627.jpeg

Much warmer here in Columbus. 

"God all powerful can't seem to handle money. Always need more". From George Carlin.

54 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Mid 40s to low 50s over next 10 days here. I think we got the last warm day Monday- was 65 but it rained most of the day.

That is still not too bad. 

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

Get any snow down there?

Just a little bit, we had about an inch of accumulation but it is quickly melting off. 

Interesting fabrication work here. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Got pretty slammed up here...some areas further east got a couple feet of snow.

One reason I really like living further south. I70 seems to be a dividing line here....up in Delaware or Northern Franklin county, we can ahve an inch or inch and a half of snow. South of I70, it can be clear. 

• Upvote 1

Really worth watching...Overhead cam vs. Overhead valve on a motorcycle....how indian and harley market and think differently about bikes. Well shot with good photography, well paced commentary. 

• Like 1

Trying to figure out which is more insane from Facebook....the marketplace advertisement for a 67 Fairlane convertible clapped out and sans drivetrain for 40 Grand or the question in an overlanding forum I am part of asking about the most fuel efficient vehicle to overland antarctica.

Just curious...

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Some beautiful scenery here...

Vancouver Island is supposed to be incredible.  It is not related to the city of Vancouver.  That's why I've never been there.  Vancouver Island sits across the wide Strait of Georgia and requires an expensive ferry ride to get there.  The only recognizable names on the island might be Victoria and Namaimo (tasty Nanaimo bars were named after this town).  The island is enormous and is hardly populated. 

One of its not so great aspects is a fairly high incidence of mountain lion and human encounters.  Western Canada seems to have more of these than the Western U.S.

Nanaimo-Bars.-New-and-Improved-3.jpg

Nanaimo bars!

You can definitely get these when getting coffee in Canada.  Not so much in most of the U.S.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 2

Yo, Horse; don't you need one of these for your shop?? It's in my way over here.

IMG_2764.jpg

I may road trip new Jersey...