• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• A Horse With No Name

• Robert Hall

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

• • • ORDERED A TRUCK TODAY. • • •

Posted Images

Last pic for today....thanks to everyone for letting me post all of this crap up. 

Been seeing a lot of old GM wagons...

No description available.

16 hours ago, ocnblu said:

My cousin has a 4-year old Forester, it's her first Subaru and it was bought new.  On Saturday at a family breakfast, she said it is her last Subaru.  I found that interesting, but now that I see those multi-year reliability rankings I am not surprised.  She traded a second-gen Liberty in on the Forester.

a lot of the newer Subarus are having engine issues.  Coworker had a new Impreza, waited forever for engine replacement, had loaner for several months.  Lots of issues.  I hear it is not just those issues.  Plus now Subarus have CVT's... wonder how that is going.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, regfootball said:

a lot of the newer Subarus are having engine issues.  Coworker had a new Impreza, waited forever for engine replacement, had loaner for several months.  Lots of issues.  I hear it is not just those issues.  Plus now Subarus have CVT's... wonder how that is going.

Weird boxer engine, new CVTs, and their marketing equals no go for me.  I, too, have read that their reliability is now spotty.  It's their marketing for the wagons that gets to me.  Their sedans look somewhat okay.  The current Impreza has a nice dashboard and cabin.

- - - - -

My random thought:

My phone understands "Southern."  I spoke to Google maps that I wanted directions to "May-retta."  That's what the older Southern folks in and around Atlanta would call Marietta, Georgia a few decades ago.  My damn phone understood me!  I laughed.

7 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I love it, but like the full size Bronco a lot more. 

thinking motorcycle will be my next buy though. I want something like a KLR 650 as a first bike....I like the Honda Africa Twin...but Olds/Drew is thinking of getting a BMw...I like those also. 

KLR:

Image may contain: motorcycle

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

Image may contain: motorcycle

Beautiful. 

The off road and overlanding community loves them, so I will take the ownership experience of actual owners who paid big bucks for them over Balthazars opinion. 

That being said, I didn't buy a Tacoma partially because it felt really dated next to the Ranger.

Good friend has a four runner and loves it.They have gotten this one right. I need something 4WD I can take off road without worrying about scratiching it. If a cheper decent older four runner came up, I might be all over it. 

friend had something like the Suzuki V-Strom, an 'adventure bike'  was a cool bike but he got rid of it and got one of those 6 cylinder Honda Valkerie's now.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Let's get together for something cold to drink when Covid is over, and we can not give a shyte about everything together. 

Sure!

What's a good "I dont give a shyte!" type of drink?   Maybe a boilermaker?  It dont matter as I dont give a shyte!  

We should get together, drink, have a few laughs not giving a shyte!  

• Upvote 3

Somebody local bought a new Chevy regular cab dually.  It's white.  It sure looks mean pulling up to a light at daybreak in the opposing lane, and the driver looks good too.  Would love a chance to say "hi, bad-ass truck!"

132268536_2882757831943842_13947922363977890_n.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, balthazar said:

Can’t order a truck that doesn’t exist.
No; getting me a tacoma!

Congrats are finally due!  

Tacoma, huh?   

Then you better make sure you opt for that special undercarriage greasing thing they do over at the dealership. 

(I know you got a Chevy)  

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Fun Fact: 

Louis Chevrolet, Cavelier De La LaSalle and Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac all spent some time in Montreal.  

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.

It's only money.

GMC...

I meant to say GMC earlier. (as I knew you love the Sierra!)   Its late and Im tired, my mind is mush.  

Awesome!!!

Yup.  Its only money. 

Happy birthday, Dr. Anthony Fauci.  He turns 80 today.  He got his Covid-19 vaccine injection a day or two ago and has a slightly sore arm.

He has been the country's infectious disease guru since 1984 and has advised every U.S. President since Reagan (Ray-gun to some).

Undergrad at College of the Holy Cross in Mass. and medical school at Cornell.  Came from a family who owned and ran a pharmacy in Brooklyn.

When you've got a background like that, there's not a lot for people to criticize. * cough *

Anthony Fauci - Wikipedia

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3