Random Thoughts Thread

52 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

There was one MAD magazine cover when I was young that everyone in my house laughed at, and a copy of it was even purchased.  It had the MAD magazine guy with the curly red hair and an irreverent prank involving a cartoon of Sophia Loren and her cleavage.  My parents even laughed at it.  I looked for that image to no avail.

loren_mansfield_better.jpg

But I found this one.  This is a little different.  I've seen this a lot as of late.  (That's Jayne Mansfield.)  It's difficult to infer what the possibilities might be here.

Main cravings - it's kind of perplexing when they become food, travel (even if sitting on an airplane and playing with the video monitor), and sleep ... a lot of quality sleep.

Sleep is an excellent and productive part of life.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• Robert Hall

• ocnblu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

Been away for a while.. summer stuff.. figured I'd get out an live while the weather was warm. Decided to get back into riding bikes.. had given it up back in '05 after my then wife (now ex) had issue

Posted Images

On 2/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, David said:

Breaking News: Ford recalling all 2021 Bronco's for rear Jiggly Suspension modules.

Seems someone in the Mexico Hermosillo plant did not secure the rear suspension module to the sub-frame properly and as such can cause the auto to loose stability. The missing bolt or loose bolt will be addressed as they inspect all 21,504 built to date.

2021 Ford Bronco Sports Called Back for Jiggly Suspension Modules - The Truth About Cars

Breaking News: Honda CEO is stepping down as the head of their R&D will take over Honda and lead it into the future as they change over to an EV auto company. The new CEO Toshihiro Mibe will lead the auto company as they plan to sell globally the majority of all auto's as EV's by 2030 with a start of partnering with GM using their Ultium battery and power train system to build new global EV's. 

Quote: 

From Honda:

During the approximately six years since he ascended to the presidency in 2015, in the face of a period of great transformation of the company’s business environment, Hachigo took the initiative and formulated Honda’s 2030 Vision to enable Honda to become “a company society wants to exist” into the future. For the fulfilment of the company’s 2030 Vision statement — “to serve people worldwide with the joy of expanding their life’s potential” — Hachigo led Team Honda on a course to “solidify existing businesses” and “prepare for future growth.” Under Hachigo’s leadership, Honda has increased efficiency and strengthened its operating structure in the areas of production and product development. Moreover, by pursuing the “selection and concentration” of its corporate resources on a global basis, a solid foundation for the future was established, preparing Honda to take off in the new era.

Honda CEO Stepping Down, R&D Head Stepping Up - The Truth About Cars

Bronco Sport, not Bronco.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

32F everything covered in heavy ICE, black ice roads and glad I am working from home. 3ft of snow on the passes over night, some very cool images of the heavy snowfall.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLrauhLs0aG/

• Sad 1

Very cool story about 40 autos found in a Tennesee river.

Divers Find Over 40 Cars Underwater In Tennessee (msn.com)

The group who runs a you tube channel about finding stuff was on the case of finding a missing guy who disappeared in June 2020. Sadly they did find him in his auto.

10 hours ago, David said:

32F everything covered in heavy ICE, black ice roads and glad I am working from home. 3ft of snow on the passes over night, some very cool images of the heavy snowfall.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLrauhLs0aG/

It can be tough!  But, damn, the Puget Sound area, with the wall to wall evergreen, looks so damn nice when covered in snow, even though it doesn't function well.  Also, with enough curvy two-lane roads and hills in the burbs, the black ice sort of sneaks up on you.  If a person can walk to a local independent coffeehouse that's open, that could be good.  Thankfully, this sort of weather in the Puget Sound Basin is a rare occurrence.  

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, balthazar said:

😉

6F6191B3-2336-4206-A6C6-814DF38A9AC4.jpeg

Course NONE of that would have been required if not for the Profits over Human life and greedy electrical ERCOT of Texas that went cheap and did not pay to have proper winterizing of both the 24.8% of power production by Wind Turbines but more importantly the 51% produced by Natural gas as the pipes froze blocking the gas flow. Coal 13.4%, Nuclear 4.9%, Solar 3.8% and Biomass fired units 1.9% still worked.

Texas energy: How much power comes from wind turbines, natural gas? (statesman.com)

Freeze off is the official problem due to no Winterization of pipes and so ice formed blocking natural gas delivery to power generation plants as well as to businesses and homes that did not have winterized piping or proper depth of pipe being buried. 

Texas’ natural gas production just froze under pressure (msn.com)

Amazing until the Governor banned exports, making money over power online to protect human life was more important.

Texas Governor Bans Natural Gas Exports | OilPrice.com

I was tired of
Its been too cold   too long
Like a worn out recording
Of a favorite song
So while          lay there frozen
I read the paper in bed
And in the personal columns
There was this letter I read
If you like piña coladas
And gettin' caught in the rain
If you're not into snow