Jump to content

Random Thoughts Thread


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, David said:

Seems Kia is going after mini van market share by undercutting Toyota and Chrysler on price.

2022 Kia Carnival prices undercut Toyota Sienna, Chrysler Pacifica - Roadshow (cnet.com)

Tire Shine, What is your favorite and is it on this list and why?

Best tire shine spray and gel for 2021 - Roadshow (cnet.com)

I’m not a huge shine kind of guy. Rather have them look new. I’ve put on low gloss tire shine that seems to work well......

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • balthazar

    3383

  • David

    3273

  • A Horse With No Name

    2044

  • Robert Hall

    1895

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

• • • ORDERED A TRUCK TODAY. • • •

Been away for a while.. summer stuff.. figured I'd get out an live while the weather was warm. Decided to get back into riding bikes.. had given it up back in '05 after my then wife (now ex) had issue

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

Posted Images

Seems more V's are coming to Cadillac, but not Blackwing so as to not dilute the name as being the top performance auto. Seems the Supercharged V8 in the CT5-V Blackwing could become the Escalade V edition which makes sense for a 3 ton auto with a .6G holding.

More Cadillac Blackwing And V-Series Models On The Way (gmauthority.com)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, Must be something in the water up North in that Crazy Canada, Right @oldshurst442

Just saw this and knew everyone here would love it.

LS-Swapped Ford Mustang With 8 Turbos Is Almost Ready, We Talk to Its Creator - autoevolution

He does spend commercial time throughout his videos selling welders.

Boosted Lifestyle - YouTube

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, Crazy but it seems that the 2021 F-150 lineup is having a serious rust problem already across the product line.

2021 Ford F-150 Owners Are Already Facing Rust, Corrosion Issues (fordauthority.com)

This is not a good thing for Ford! :( 

Rusty pools on your garage floor is NOT what a new owner wants especially after trading in his 2016 F-150 with 65,000 miles and very little rust.

FORD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, David said:

2021 F-150 lineup is having a serious rust problem

Waiting of pictures of Tacomas and Tundras from 30 years ago to say that others have rust issues too.  

Just yesterday I drove behind probably a 10 year old F-150 and the amount of rust on it was unbelievable. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, David said:

WOW, Crazy but it seems that the 2021 F-150 lineup is having a serious rust problem already across the product line.

2021 Ford F-150 Owners Are Already Facing Rust, Corrosion Issues (fordauthority.com)

This is not a good thing for Ford! :( 

Rusty pools on your garage floor is NOT what a new owner wants especially after trading in his 2016 F-150 with 65,000 miles and very little rust.

FORD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

tenor.gif?t=AAW8ix9EV0ABtYUY7QWhUQ&itemi

3 minutes ago, ykX said:

Waiting of pictures of Tacomas and Tundras from 30 years ago to say that others have rust issues too.  

Just yesterday I drove behind probably a 10 year old F-150 and the amount of rust on it was unbelievable. 

Everything rusts here in Ohio....

I love my Ranger and ykX loves his Mustang, but maybe Ford ought to try this simple way of making cars. 

 

 

May be an image of food

Pretty much Rust Proof!

11 hours ago, David said:

Seems more V's are coming to Cadillac, but not Blackwing so as to not dilute the name as being the top performance auto. Seems the Supercharged V8 in the CT5-V Blackwing could become the Escalade V edition which makes sense for a 3 ton auto with a .6G holding.

More Cadillac Blackwing And V-Series Models On The Way (gmauthority.com)

tenor.gif

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of food

I like those!

When you go to those chain hotels in the Lone Star state, they have self-serve waffle makers that produce waffles shaped like the state of Texas!  

Waffle.jpg

Only the strawberries for me.  Add syrup, too.

Creative, even though Texas can be self-regarding in many ways.  But it lends itself to being a waffle, unlike California and Florida!

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm... waffles.  Ohio’s shape would lend itself to a waffle. There are probably Ohio State waffle irons. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could Jaguar be on Deaths Door? 

Jaguar Land Rover just killed their MLA platform that the new All Electric XJ sedan was supposed to be on and is having to pay European auto commission $35 million for not meeting their 2020 required emissions target.

As such, the MLA platform death will cost Jaguar a $1.4 Billion Euro write off.

Jaguar will move forward with their EMA pure electric platform and give up on ICE and Hybrid. They also mention looking for a partner to help expand Jaguar as all products that were going to be built on the MLA platform by 2025 are now dead.

Land Rover will move forward with Hybrid / EV built off the MLA platform.

Honestly after reading this story, I question what the hell the executives are doing at JLR as there seems to be more politics and wasting of billions than a passion for building auto's.

Jaguar Land Rover Deathwatch: Hitting Reset on EV Development (thetruthaboutcars.com)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Mmm... waffles.  Ohio’s shape would lend itself to a waffle. There are probably Ohio State waffle irons. 

It would.  It has an identifiable enough shape for a waffle!

Interestingly enough, Michigan's UP, on its own, is a big time logo.  Everywhere you go when there, you see the outline of just the UP ... on t-shirts, coffee mugs, billboards, etc. etc.

As for the "Four Corners" states, not so much ...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I much prefer French Toast over waffles. Pancakes a close second.

And Quebec lends itself to look like French bread dipped into egg batter perfectly...

With gobs and gobs of Quebec maple syrup and butter. With a sunny side up egg on top and bacon and ham.  Breakfast of Champions Id say! 

Qcquebec - Quebec Outline - Free Transparent PNG Download - PNGkey

The Best French Toast Recipe | A Mind "Full" Mom

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I much prefer French Toast over waffles. Pancakes a close second.

And Quebec lends itself to look like French bread dipped into egg batter perfectly...

With gobs and gobs of Quebec maple syrup and butter. With a sunny side up egg on top and bacon and ham.  Breakfast of Champions Id say! 

Qcquebec - Quebec Outline - Free Transparent PNG Download - PNGkey

The Best French Toast Recipe | A Mind "Full" Mom

We need a drooling Emoji in the default list!

In Love Malaysia GIF by Digi

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, David said:

Could Jaguar be on Deaths Door? 

Jaguar Land Rover just killed their MLA platform that the new All Electric XJ sedan was supposed to be on and is having to pay European auto commission $35 million for not meeting their 2020 required emissions target.

As such, the MLA platform death will cost Jaguar a $1.4 Billion Euro write off.

Jaguar will move forward with their EMA pure electric platform and give up on ICE and Hybrid. They also mention looking for a partner to help expand Jaguar as all products that were going to be built on the MLA platform by 2025 are now dead.

Land Rover will move forward with Hybrid / EV built off the MLA platform.

Honestly after reading this story, I question what the hell the executives are doing at JLR as there seems to be more politics and wasting of billions than a passion for building auto's.

Jaguar Land Rover Deathwatch: Hitting Reset on EV Development (thetruthaboutcars.com)

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '"Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole." ~George Carlin'

Your post is truthful, but the truth hurts...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

May be an image of text that says 'THIS IS WHY I'VE LEARNED TO QUESTION EVERYTHING 351L 2 STANLEY3 STANLEY 25ft in 2 STANLEY'

Almost, Almost, Almost....

If you like Ford trucks, tough to watch...

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

 

If you like Ford trucks, tough to watch...

Meh, just tapped the tail of the last truck on the hauler...would have been more dramatic if it had hit in the middle of the hauler.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Meh, just tapped the tail of the last truck on the hauler...would have been more dramatic if it had hit in the middle of the hauler.

 

8 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Meh, just tapped the tail of the last truck on the hauler...would have been more dramatic if it had hit in the middle of the hauler.

Yeah, but its the drama of waiting for the inevitable...

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What Warren Buffett* says is a major key to success ...

(2 t's, as he is not AYCE)

I was surprised to see this, but it makes perfect sense:  the ability to say NO.

Just think how much more time and money most of us might have saved had we done more of this.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I much prefer French Toast over waffles. Pancakes a close second.

And Quebec lends itself to look like French bread dipped into egg batter perfectly...

With gobs and gobs of Quebec maple syrup and butter. With a sunny side up egg on top and bacon and ham.  Breakfast of Champions Id say! 

Qcquebec - Quebec Outline - Free Transparent PNG Download - PNGkey

The Best French Toast Recipe | A Mind "Full" Mom

J'ai vraiment besoin d'aller au Quebec.  Mais je suis triste:  maintenant nous ne peuvent pas entrer.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

May be a cartoon of text

Ford...I was right to be angry at them...they make crappy Iphone chargers....

May be an image of text that says 'So a friend of mine works at a car dealership, a young person came in with an older car and wanted to know why his iPhone charging port is scratching his screen and not charging! 00M4 EJECT 3 SIDE 1-2 COMP ORASS TREB 。 ALITOSET TAPE FF 2 CIUC EJter 3 COMP SHUFFLE'

For those of you like Robert Hall and David that can work with computers....there are the rest of us...

May be a cartoon of text that says 'Are you sure you know how to upload the files to the cloud? 5'

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...