Jump to content

Random Thoughts Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • balthazar

    3389

  • David

    3283

  • A Horse With No Name

    2064

  • Robert Hall

    1896

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

Been away for a while.. summer stuff.. figured I'd get out an live while the weather was warm. Decided to get back into riding bikes.. had given it up back in '05 after my then wife (now ex) had issue

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

Posted Images

William McKinley survived the Battle of Antietam (Sharpsburg) , the bloodiest day in American history, fighting near Burnside Bridge only to be shot by an assassin nearly 39 years later. Sometimes life's not fair.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

^ I dunno; it'd've been a lot more unfair if it was 39 days later.

- - - - - 
 

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 2.07.05 PM.png

I guess it is all relative....piece of turned work, just for Friday, not mine...

No photo description available.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

William McKinley survived the Battle of Antietam (Sharpsburg) , the bloodiest day in American history, fighting near Burnside Bridge only to be shot by an assassin nearly 39 years later. Sometimes life's not fair.

Life is definitely not fair.  There are so many examples of this but one that really disturbs me is that a person who survived the 9/11 WTC attack died 2 months later when that flight between JFK Airport in NYC and somewhere in Latin America crashed in the borough of Queens.  Clearly, horrible for everyone in both events, but you want to cheer on a person who survived 9/11 to embrace life going forward after such trauma.

On a better note, it is very cool to open the mailbox and have a $6.99 Great Clips coupon staring at you right about when you are thinking of getting a haircut.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Walmart seems to be on the side ....grabbed some motor oil, watched a fight between customers......

On What side?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 6:17 PM, David said:

20170529_142847.jpg

vehicle.png.jpeg

Be interesting to see as the Ford pic looks to be a photoshop into the desert picture and true sunlight plays games on the blue/grey look especially on my Son's Jeep. Comparison is they might be close in color.

The color is already out on the Bronco Sport, David.

area51-bronco-sport-badlands-2-jpg.jpg

8e39e97d360fc7f31527ca8b5f6fa53bc96bfeac.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Everyone has their story...

May be a cartoon of text that says 'HEY HONEY! KIDS! I GOT THAT PROMOTION! LET'S HAVE A CELEBRATORY DRINK AND DRIVE ΤΟ THE LAKE... SOME YEARS LATER... DOD'

 

Its kinda sad...for his family. He the phoquer, if he drank and drove his car and killed his family...he deserved a life of hell a lot WORSE than just living in a garbage can, in a street called Sesame.  

Sesame is not a place for such a monster. A place full of innocent, adorable children learning ABCs and 123s. 

 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Sesame Street.

THIS is why censorship is NOT a good idea.  And the way we politicize and weaponize words nowadays for our own hidden agendas, the truth just gets eroded away until there is no more truth...

This video was done with humour when the dude done it a decade plus ago.  But in 2021, its scary...    I laughed hard, but then I thought about it...and Im legit worried about what our future holds if we dont smarten up...

 

 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Speaking of Sesame Street.

THIS is why censorship is NOT a good idea.  And the way we politicize and weaponize words nowadays for our own hidden agendas, the truth just gets eroded away until there is no more truth...

This video was done with humour when the dude done it a decade plus ago.  But in 2021, its scary...    I laughed hard, but then I thought about it...and Im legit worried about what our future holds if we dont smarten up...

 

 

What word are they bleeping out? I never really did watch sesame street so never seen this before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David said:

What word are they bleeping out? I never really did watch sesame street so never seen this before.

The Count...

Count (Dracula).  Well...he counts stuff.  Anything and everything. To help kids learn their numbers.

 

The original song. But I bet you thought of another word, right?   Funny AF (as fuc BLEEP)  But with what is going on in today's political fake news world and ultra sensitive offended culture we are cultivating...     Scary AF!  

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

The Count...

Count (Dracula).  Well...he counts stuff.  Anything and everything. To help kids learn their numbers.

 

The original song. But I bet you thought of another word, right?   Funny AF (as fuc BLEEP)  But with what is going on in today's political fake news world and ultra sensitive offended culture we are cultivating...     Scary AF!  

 

Who ever bleeped out the word count feeling it brought back old cast systems of Count's who thought they were better than average people needs to see a shrink for mental help. 

THANK YOU, this is a basic song and clearly aimed at kids learning to count.

Curiosity, where is this bleeped version from as I honestly would not think it would be here in the US or Canada was it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David said:

Who ever bleeped out the word count feeling it brought back old cast systems of Count's who thought they were better than average people needs to see a shrink for mental help. 

THANK YOU, this is a basic song and clearly aimed at kids learning to count.

Curiosity, where is this bleeped version from as I honestly would not think it would be here in the US or Canada was it?

 Well...THAT is THE joke.

Bleep out the word 'count' on purpose to make it sound like The Count is well... for the shytes and giggles. 

I took that to a darker place than what it was intended originally.      Today's world is messin' with my mind! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

 Well...THAT is THE joke.

Bleep out the word 'count' on purpose to make it sound like The Count is well... for the shytes and giggles. 

I took that to a darker place than what it was intended originally.      Today's world is messin' with my mind! 

Here to help you with your counting!

breast boobies GIF

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow...that very same song in the Joke's thread seems very appropriate here too! 

 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Here to help you with your counting!

breast boobies GIF

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, David said:

What word are they bleeping out? I never really did watch sesame street so never seen this before.

For shame....i rarely watch TV today, but loved this as a kid...

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

Floppers.
- - - - -
 

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 12.43.20 AM.png

That Chevy is gorgeous. 

19 hours ago, David said:

Here to help you with your counting!

breast boobies GIF

I can't count any higher than two....

Probably better in the Beautiful cars thread but posting it here....so much Damn potential. 

https://youtu.be/Ox3pgAqk-Y8

Youtube does not allow video to be embeded, 53 Buick Content...

Teeny Tucker, and the Blues for Sunday morning....she has a set of pipes on her...

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...