Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Ford has announced additional production shutdowns due to the chip production shortage. Seems we will see 6 plants shut down multiple times between now and June affecting their Truck and SUV production as well as cars. Ford is Expecting Billions in losses due to the production shutdown.

Ford Says Chip Shortage Forcing Production Halt at Several Plants - WSJ

• Upvote 1

Gotta get many other things back and manufactured in the home field.  ESPECIALLY away from China. 

But Id be happy if we (as in the USA...but for Canada too) could get the essential fundamentals back if it only BE just that.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

Looks like my truck will just squeak out before the shortage (I expect) hits GM truck plants.

Gotta get these critical fundamentals back & manufactured in the home field.

I agree. While not meaning to be political, I do think the previous adminsitrations rhetoric about bringing jobs back is a huge step in the right direction. I also think the current adminsitrations infrastructure plan and a reliance on domestic products for it is another step in the right direction. 

This is one of the reasons I bought the Ranger, if you want American manufacturing here, at some point you need to vote with dollars and buy American products. Still as frustrated as ever about American foreign policy regardless of the adminstration....but at some point you just need to vote with $ and buy American. 

From Scioto Grove, the park where I hike nearest my house. This spot is especially tranquil. 

• Upvote 4

Interesting story I saw the other day out of NM....15,000 bees in a Buick Century at a grocery.  One thing that wasn't mentioned in the article was when they thought the bees got in...did it happen spontaneously while the owner was in the grocery, or had they been driving around for a while w/ a bee hive growing in the car?

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/01/bee-hive-overtakes-car-buick-century/

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Man, is that a tired-looking Century.

I saw a lot of cars that looked like that when I lived in the Southwest  ..oxidized paint, black trim faded to whitish gray, no rust,]very tired and worn out looking, yet still running...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, daves87rs said:

season 3 wtf GIFCrazy drivers out there....almost got hit by a GMC Yukon...with extra bright leds......

I almost got run over by a mack truck merging onto US 23...

39 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I saw a lot of cars that looked like that when I lived in the Southwest  ..oxidized paint, black trim faded to whitish gray, no rust,]very tired and worn out looking, yet still running...

Half the car rusted away you have Vinton County Ohio. 

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Interesting story I saw the other day out of NM....15,000 bees in a Buick Century at a grocery.  One thing that wasn't mentioned in the article was when they thought the bees got in...did it happen spontaneously while the owner was in the grocery, or had they been driving around for a while w/ a bee hive growing in the car?

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/01/bee-hive-overtakes-car-buick-century/

If it had been 70 years ago and a woodie, termites. 

15 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Greek Easter...next month.

Will be boring again as no gatherings will be allowed...again.  

Better Safe than sick! Have a healthy safe weekend my friend.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Greek Easter...next month.

They rarely coincide on the same Sunday.

Ha.  I just came back from a Greek Orthodox church where I bought Friday night's baked cod dinner!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

They rarely coincide on the same Sunday.

Ha.  I just came back from a Greek Orthodox church where I bought Friday night's baked cod dinner!

Did you have the skordalia too?

I LOVE skordalia. Dont like the cod tho...

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Did you have the skordalia too?

I LOVE skordalia. Dont like the cod tho...

No.  The plates featured cod (or fried fish), rice, and vegetables.  I did get some baklava.  I have been to some festivals where they have the pasta frola with apricot filling, but it was not here tonight.  I'm a big fan of Greek desserts.