Random Thoughts Thread

25 minutes ago, balthazar said:

This era of SLs (late 50s thru at least the mid 80s) are incredibly crudely & shoddily built.

Absolutely. 

Festool German woodworking tools are the bobm though. 

This never gets old...

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• A Horse With No Name

• Robert Hall

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been away for a while.. summer stuff.. figured I'd get out an live while the weather was warm. Decided to get back into riding bikes.. had given it up back in '05 after my then wife (now ex) had issue

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Across the street the other night, was live for 45 minutes. 

IMG_3507.MOV

436B5D81-F275-4235-8922-661AB38CB31C.jpeg

Electrical line down or?

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of 1 person, standing and text that says 'REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES'

Obviously Fake women have legs....

l will have to keep this in mind hiking and camping this weekend. 

The vagina and butt to pair of boobs ratio on this chick is like 5:1

I would have liked her more if the vagina and butt  to pair of boobs ratio was more like 5:3 or 5:4 at the very least.  Better if the ratio was 5:5.   The caption DOES say 'real women have curves'...and boobies to me are muy importanté 

I like playing with boobies JUST as much as I like playing with vaginas. (and butt)

ALL types of boobies I must add!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

The vagina and butt to pair of boobs ratio on this chick is like 5:1

I would have liked her more if the vagina and butt  to pair of boobs ratio was more like 5:3 or 5:4 at the very least.  Better if the ratio was 5:5.   The caption DOES say 'real women have curves'...and boobies to me are muy importanté 

I like playing with boobies JUST as much as I like playing with vaginas. (and butt)

ALL types of boobies I must add!

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
17 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

My brother had a '76 Mustang II Mach 1 briefly back then...silver and black. Don't recall what engine it was, it had replaced a '74 Vega GT.   He didn't keep it long, next door neighbors backed their '72 Olds 98 into it, mashed in the side.   He got it fixed and traded it on a '74 Firebird Formula 400. 

Good on the Firebird Formula 400!  My favorite F-bird years were 1975 and 1976.  I liked the new wrap-around rear windows and their grilles.  I liked the whole darn car!

I think that if it was Mach anything, it could have been either a 302 V8 ... or maybe a V6.  Not sure if they would have had 4s.  Vegas only had 4s.  And I believe they were 140 c.i. as well.

We had the No Va gaffe ... I wonder if anyone could have come up with a jingle that paralleled the idea of M&Ms "melts in your mouth, not in your hands" campaign for the Vega's engine's inability to stave off heat.

• Upvote 1

Phantom 2 Door Wagon 67 Chevelle...cool...for sale Chicago Craigslist. 

No photo description available.

• Upvote 2

Dont cry over spllt milk.

But...do the modern thing and just sit there wonderin' in amazement how far the milk went, take a photo of it and post it on the webs

IMG_6913.JPG

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Dont cry over spllt milk.

But...do the modern thing and just sit there wonderin' in amazement how far the milk went, take a photo of it and post it on the webs

IMG_6913.JPG

Yes...if I did that, my dogs would rush over and lick it up...I'd take pics, post it on various FB terrier groups and Insta and get hundreds of likes.  Cute dog pics always get the likes.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Russian orthodox memorial chapel at Dachau...

Russian Orthodox Memorial Chapel at Dachau

Interesting read. 

https://www.aoiusa.org/pascha-in-dachau/

Thank you for posting this.  Aside from the content of the article, the attached photo is a humble but beautiful shrine, too.

When in Greece, which I've been to, and Bulgaria, which I'd like to see, I know I will be interested in visiting their places of worship.

Edit:  I've seen one too many photos of the baked goods and desserts in Bulgaria, and that's only making me salivate more.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 2

Saw this at a BBD between Seattle and Tacoma several years ago, so not suitable for a more recent spotting thread.

WP_007720.jpg.71df1222f487dae1cb53256c256d0d26.jpg

To each their own, but this was/is fairly scary to me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Saw this at a BBD between Seattle and Tacoma several years ago, so not suitable for a more recent spotting thread.

WP_007720.jpg.71df1222f487dae1cb53256c256d0d26.jpg

To each their own, but this was/is fairly scary to me.

It is amazing that the ticket is not a major offense for not having mud flaps and so hydrolic auto's like this do not get pulled over nor lifted trucks.

• Upvote 2

gm reported strong Q1 2021 results.

GM Reports Strong First-Quarter 2021 Results | General Motors Company

GM Reports Strong First-Quarter 2021 Results

Wed, May 5, 2021

DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today reported first-quarter earnings driven by strong price and mix performance in North America, strong credit and residual value performance at GM Financial, and the industry recovery in China. The company is highly confident in its full-year 2021 guidance outlined earlier this year as it works to manage through the semiconductor shortage, which is impacting automakers globally. Based on information available today, the company expects to be at the higher-end of the EBIT-adjusted range.

Downloads

First-quarter 2021 results overview

• Revenue of $32.5 billion
  • Net income of $3.0 billion, and EBIT-adjusted of $4.4 billion
  • Net income margin of 9.3 percent, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 13.6 percent
  • Automotive operating cash flow of $(1.1) billion, and adjusted automotive free cash flow of $(1.9) billion
  • EPS-diluted of $2.03, and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $2.25*
  • GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $3.1 billion, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 12.1 percent
  • GM International EBIT-adjusted of $0.3 billion, including China Equity Income of $0.3 billion
  • GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $1.2 billion

First-quarter 2020 results overview

• Revenue of $32.7 billion
  • Net income of $0.3 billion, and EBIT-adjusted of $1.2 billion
  • Net income margin of 0.9 percent, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 3.8 percent
  • Automotive operating cash flow of $0.3 billion, and adjusted automotive free cash flow of $(0.9) billion
  • EPS-diluted of $0.17, and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $0.62**
  • GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $2.2 billion, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 8.5 percent
  • GM International EBIT-adjusted of $(0.6) billion, including China Equity Income of $(0.2) billion
  • GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $0.2 billion

*EPS-diluted and EPS-diluted-adjusted include a $0.08 gain from Stellantis (formerly PSA) and Lordstown Motor Corporation.
**EPS-diluted and EPS-diluted-adjusted includes a $(0.28) impact from Lyft and Stellantis revaluations.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, David said:

gm reported strong Q1 2021 results.

GM Reports Strong First-Quarter 2021 Results | General Motors Company

GM Reports Strong First-Quarter 2021 Results

Wed, May 5, 2021

DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today reported first-quarter earnings driven by strong price and mix performance in North America, strong credit and residual value performance at GM Financial, and the industry recovery in China. The company is highly confident in its full-year 2021 guidance outlined earlier this year as it works to manage through the semiconductor shortage, which is impacting automakers globally. Based on information available today, the company expects to be at the higher-end of the EBIT-adjusted range.

Downloads

First-quarter 2021 results overview

• Revenue of $32.5 billion
  • Net income of $3.0 billion, and EBIT-adjusted of $4.4 billion
  • Net income margin of 9.3 percent, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 13.6 percent
  • Automotive operating cash flow of $(1.1) billion, and adjusted automotive free cash flow of $(1.9) billion
  • EPS-diluted of $2.03, and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $2.25*
  • GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $3.1 billion, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 12.1 percent
  • GM International EBIT-adjusted of $0.3 billion, including China Equity Income of $0.3 billion
  • GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $1.2 billion

First-quarter 2020 results overview

• Revenue of $32.7 billion
  • Net income of $0.3 billion, and EBIT-adjusted of $1.2 billion
  • Net income margin of 0.9 percent, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 3.8 percent
  • Automotive operating cash flow of $0.3 billion, and adjusted automotive free cash flow of $(0.9) billion
  • EPS-diluted of $0.17, and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $0.62**
  • GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $2.2 billion, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 8.5 percent
  • GM International EBIT-adjusted of $(0.6) billion, including China Equity Income of $(0.2) billion
  • GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $0.2 billion

*EPS-diluted and EPS-diluted-adjusted include a $0.08 gain from Stellantis (formerly PSA) and Lordstown Motor Corporation.
**EPS-diluted and EPS-diluted-adjusted includes a $(0.28) impact from Lyft and Stellantis revaluations.

Falling cash flow is a bad sign.  I do hope that GM fixes that.  Other than that, good job.

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Falling cash flow is a bad sign.  I do hope that GM fixes that.  Other than that, good job.

Yes, I noticed that too, but I figure that could very well be due to the production shutdowns, chip shortage causing the production shutdown and an over all cautious buyers market.

I would be surprised if more companies do not also show the same thing.

With that in mind, I do hope this is just a quarterly blip on the falling cash flow.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, David said:

It is amazing that the ticket is not a major offense for not having mud flaps and so hydrolic auto's like this do not get pulled over nor lifted trucks.

In my state, mud flaps are tied to registered vehicle weight. My COE is exempt because it's registered GVW is 5000 and the 'line' is 6000, even tho it's a cab/chassis with no bed or rear fenders. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, balthazar said:

In my state, mud flaps are tied to registered vehicle weight. My COE is exempt because it's registered GVW is 5000 and the 'line' is 6000, even tho it's a cab/chassis with no bed or rear fenders. 

That is interesting, I still think that is wrong, all auto's especially heavy duty trucks like Class 8 should have the wheels covered and the back with mud flaps to minimize throwing rocks.

The construction of lite rail in the Seattle area has played hell with cracked windshields from all the dump trucks and semi trucks delivering all over the area product with no mud flaps. Then you have the lifted pickup trucks with idiots that push the wheels outside the wheel well and through stuff at your auto.

I just find it wrong to cause so much damage by not properly covering up the wheels.

Posted (edited)

Obviously... heavy duty trucks like class 8 are going to be required to run flaps in any state. I kinda just stated that above.
Seems Seattle has a lot more on it’s enforcement mind than mud flaps.

If you think about it, a vehicle’s tire isn’t throwing rocks from the middle of a tire as often as it’s more likely to be coming from where the tire meets the ground. There; almost nothing is ‘properly covered’. 

Hm-mmm... I wonder if a vehicle that is scampering to 60 in 3 secs is more often going to be throwing rocks than the average lifted pickup. 🧐

Edited by balthazar
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 5/5/2021 at 11:41 AM, balthazar said:

Across the street the other night, was live for 45 minutes. 

IMG_3507.MOV

436B5D81-F275-4235-8922-661AB38CB31C.jpeg

Hopefully the power company will clean this up and replace what looks to be a melted driveway. Any updates on this?

No action yet. However, their driveway was heavily aged & cracked before that; the right side had been excavated twice for sewer pipe issues. I have no info on what a power company would be willing to/required to do in a situation like this.