Random Thoughts Thread

On 5/7/2021 at 4:55 PM, trinacriabob said:

I will go to Buca di Beppo and then swear that I won't return.  And then I get a coupon for 20% off in some coupon packet. 

That was the case today for lunch.  Their food is FAR being from good Italian food.  It's caked with this bad and heavy tomato sauce.  All the dishes going to adjacent tables looked the same.

I just vowed I won't be going back.  But then there's the expression, "never say never."  

I swore them off also. There is a place in Cleveland that is amazing, need to find it again. Columbus does not have a lot of good Italian food, actually. 

On 5/7/2021 at 10:43 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Restaurant chains...just suck no matter how you slice your thought process.  ESPECIALLY the ones that "specialize" in "fine" dining or "authentic" ethnic food.  

No need to dine in 5 star, Cordon Bleu level chef restaurants.  The 'good 'ole mom and pop restaurant will do.  

I know, I know....those dont exist anymore.  *SIGH*

Montreal had a ton of those.  Italian and Greek owned mom and pop restaurants from the '50s all the way to the '80s was a REAL treat. REAL Authentic Greek or Italian dishes  made LITERALLY like "momma used to make". 

Diners,   fast food joints,    quick eateries,    a step or two below fine dining restaurants...Montreal had those literally at every major street corner.  

I miss those days.   

A bunch of them in Ohio. My wife and I ate at one the other day. Miata Club used to ahve a "dump of the month" where we would have a convoy of Miatas and someone woudl find something good and out of the way to eat at. 

On 5/8/2021 at 11:46 AM, trinacriabob said:

Why hello, darling ...

Thought I'd wake you guys up on a Saturday morning.

That would be enough to make me a celibate monk. 

On 5/9/2021 at 9:22 AM, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 9.13.06 AM.png

I love 60's cars in White. I will see your Ford and raise you a Chevy. 

No photo description available.

• Like 3
  • Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• A Horse With No Name

• Robert Hall

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been away for a while.. summer stuff.. figured I'd get out an live while the weather was warm. Decided to get back into riding bikes.. had given it up back in '05 after my then wife (now ex) had issue

• • • ORDERED A TRUCK TODAY. • • •

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

19 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

His Instagram, he made it to amazing places. 

https://www.instagram.com/bryankercher/?hl=en

Bryan Hiking...

May be an image of 1 person

WOW, R.I.P. An amazing life for sure, sad to have lost it due to extreme weather, but he lived his life on his terms doing what he loved.

Thanks for sharing. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Bryan Hiking...

May be an image of text that says 'Christian roulette 1. Open the Bible in a random page. 2. Follow exactly what is written. 3. The last one to go to jail wins.'

That is too funny, pretty accurate of life be you one to believe in religion or not. Thanks for posting an accurate portrayal of life!

• Upvote 1

WOW, Ransomware on the stupid gas supplying line owned by Colonial Pipeline operations that deliver 45% of all gas supplies to the Greater SouthEast of the country has caused people to go stupid. Gas shortage, rationing and stupid fights. A woman in a new Honda hits an auto for not letting her cut in line at Marathon gas station and then they end up fighting each other.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COvyhm7nu8N/

WOW, People really get stupid. Why would you want to damage your auto let alone spit on another person and then he was an idiot for getting out to fight her. Both deserved the arrest they got.

image.png

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I am not a big impulse buyer at all.  Yesterday, I was at Costco around lunch to have my tires rotated and balanced.  I've done fairly well with these so far ... 60,000 miles and more to go.

I had a "Cafe' 150" dog and drink for lunch.  I got samples (dark chocolate pretzels) from walking around!  The "Costco lunch" will return.  (Y'all get vaccinated, now.)

I wandered over into the clothing.  I saw these jeans by Izod for $14.99.  I can always use a pair to run errands and for casual wear where labels don't matter.  I picked them up and, since they stretch some, they obviously were not cotton.  They also have some poly, rayon, and spandex in the mix.  The lady working the area wrinkled her nose when I said, "When 87F and muggy in New Orleans?" I guess not, but they would be fine in 67F in Minneapolis.  Plus, they're something to wear when you roll out of bed and run errands on the weekend. 

Costco clothing is one of the few places I may break my impulse purchase rule.  I once bought a dark green Gerry down jacket for a kick ass price.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Stretchy jeans are the only jeans I'll wear. They're sooooo much more comfortable than genuine denim. 

I keep eating like I am I won't even fit stretch jeans...

Posted just for fun...Ranger is doing great. 

May be an image of car and text that says 'Speed OWN A FORD AND Kiles Lve FOREVER'

From this weekend's hike in the Alleghany national Forest. Minster trail North loop. 

No description available.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Stretchy jeans are the only jeans I'll wear. They're sooooo much more comfortable than genuine denim. 

You just like the way they make your butt look good for your woman! 😆

• Haha 1

^ *LOL*  It's amazing how a post on getting some jeans for $ 14.99 can take on a life of its own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
7 hours ago, balthazar said:

Seems like a crazy ad for a new car dealer in a high school yearbook ~ 

22 134 Gay (TX) 2.png

Neat old pic, awkward name...

• Haha 1

From a woodworking forum on FB, true..

May be an image of 1 person and indoor

The truth...

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-faq-about-your-new-birth-control-the-music-of-rush?fbclid=IwAR1SQ2D55Qh3jQ-z3K9_ZfhVREFlEd0APG2d2bMzeRjfcat39RK0dC9uGug

Since Balthy was talking about GTO's...if the shoe fits...wear it. 

May be an image of footwear

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, David said:

You just like the way they make your butt look good for your woman! 😆

Hahaha they're not super duper tight, just stretchy! 

12 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Yeah, it is getting bad out there. Since I am furloughed from my main job (not looking good there, been in interviews the lat few weeks) I am working at my 2nd job-which happens to be in retail. I’ve nearly been attacked twice in the last few weeks for trying to help co workers with customers- anti maskers-or simply jerks (or political). I understand that people are unhappy with much going on in the world- but it shouldn’t make people full of anger and hate. I still treat everyone with respect and love- there is already too much crazy in the world to add to it.....

I just don't understand it. Nobody WANTS to be wearing a mask. Just do it as it's stores' policy and the sooner we can get on board(mostly talking about last year when there was more people revolting against wearing one) the sooner we can get back to what the new "normal" will be. I don't enjoy wearing a mask but it's so much easier to just freakin do it than to b!tch about it and get into arguments over it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone here affected by the gas shortage in the SE and East Coast areas?   Lots of drama, sounds like...people hoarding gas, filling up plastic bags with gas, etc...

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Anyone here affected by the gas shortage in the SE and East Coast areas?   Lots of drama, sounds like...people hoarding gas, filling up plastic bags with gas, etc...

Yes, I have coworkers who live in North Carolina and have said they have never seen it like this. One said the shortage and long lines is what his father said the mid 70's were like which I do remember the long waits in line for a set amount of fuel. Crazy, so glad I do not have to deal with it here as I just filled up both the SS and Escalade for $100. 

In other news, crazy to see a major bridge beam totally split in two.

Look at the Terrifying Cracked Beam That Shut Down the Vital I-40 Bridge Indefinitely (msn.com)

image.png

image.png

For me and Not trying to be political, but we really need the $2 trillion dollar infrastructure spending to rebuild the US Roads / bridges more than we need $36 million dollar fighter jets that are a failure or more ships, etc. We need to re-invest in our country.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I haven't seen gas outages in NJ but there were definitely long lines and people getting cans of gas "just in case".

Got gas this morning at Costco before work, no line at 6am but there is sign that no more than two "approved" gas containers per transaction.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

One of my children called at a gas station in a panic because they were low and trying to get back to Ohio and all of the gas stations around them were out. They found fuel and made it safely home.

Hope Columbus does not become affected, I am running low myself. 

Chris

3 hours ago, David said:

Yes, I have coworkers who live in North Carolina and have said they have never seen it like this. One said the shortage and long lines is what his father said the mid 70's were like which I do remember the long waits in line for a set amount of fuel. Crazy, so glad I do not have to deal with it here as I just filled up both the SS and Escalade for $100. 

In other news, crazy to see a major bridge beam totally split in two.

Look at the Terrifying Cracked Beam That Shut Down the Vital I-40 Bridge Indefinitely (msn.com)

image.png

image.png

For me and Not trying to be political, but we really need the $2 trillion dollar infrastructure spending to rebuild the US Roads / bridges more than we need $36 million dollar fighter jets that are a failure or more ships, etc. We need to re-invest in our country.

Yep, absolutely. 

• Upvote 2