Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

6 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

The market took quite a dip today - hopefully transitory - but there is some good news today:  Canada will be opening its border to FULLY VACCINATED Americans on August 9th of this year.  (I knew I did something right.)  

630x355.jpg

Sadly I think we need more of a market correction right now. Still think it is too high with everything going on right now……

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Sadly I think we need more of a market correction right now. Still think it is too high with everything going on right now……

You would be sadly correct. I think of you and your son every day and send good vibes to the great white north from Ohio...

Still shocked at what happened. 

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'IF YOU'RE SO SURE OF YOUR RELIGION 1E5 COM VIA 9GAG WHY SHOULD IT BOTHER YOU THAT I DOUBT IT?'

I loved this...

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'Are you a CRITICAL THINKER? Critical thinkers... Are aware their thinking is flawed and prone to errors Think about how they think Are curious and inquisitive Separate their identity from their beliefs Welcome criticism from others Use evidence to arrive at conclusions and maintain a healthy level of skepticism Avoid black-and-white thinking and are comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty Are humble C Thinking'

Can't help stupid...

May be an image of one or more people, car, outdoors and text that says 'FLUORIDE TEE C M KIA FLUORIDE THIERE S PORSON IN THE TAP WATER'

• Upvote 2

This is a GM forum after all....

No photo description available.

Okay, enough girl pics before I draw the ire of Drew...a cool dog picture, love this one!

May be an image of dog and body of water

Canada...

May be an image of nature

• Like 2

Interesting streat art...

May be an image of 1 person and outdoors

Portugal. In a travel mood.

May be an image of sky

Another Dog pic...I am actually thinking about getting a dog some day. 

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'The best Samuel L Jackson impersonation ever!! DRALE'

May be an image of 3 people, child and text that says 'The odds of being murdered by babies are low but never zero'

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:51 AM, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of 1 person and car

May be an image of car and road

It's actually in Kansas, but aI always liked these as a kid...

I, too, liked these very much, but only with the formal opera window and more upright coupe roof line.  I will never tire of these:

1976-Oldsmobile-Mid-size-and-Compact-02-

1976 Cutlass Supreme Brougham

Screenshot_2019-06-26-1977-Oldsmobile-Cu

1977 Cutlass Salon (badged as such, but you can barely see any bucket seats popping up)

On 7/19/2021 at 2:31 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'WHY IS REVERSE COWGIRL ILLEGAL IN ALABAMA? BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TURN YOUR BACK ON FAMILY'

Jokes about the South and Appalachia are usually good.  I wonder if they find them funny.  In "My Cousin Vinny," not so much ...

IMG_8149.JPG.84f41588e064fd5fcd72638eb7a774fc.JPG

Saw this on ... drum roll ... the Redneck Riviera (the FL panhandle)

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Canada...

I always drool when I see photos like this.  I feel fortunate to have visited Banff National Park in the province of Alberta.  Breathtaking scenery.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I always drool when I see photos like this.  I feel fortunate to have visited Banff National Park in the province of Alberta.  Breathtaking scenery.

It's on my bucket list. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Canada...

On 6-29-2015 my wife and I were at this same spot in the Banf National Park. Lovely, but was not like this photoshopped picture.

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

We started with Breakfast in Banf and then drove up to Jasper and back to our time share in Fairmount Hotsprings.

IMG_9997.JPG

We also hiked Lake Louise

IMG_0051.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David said:

On 6-29-2015 my wife and I were at this same spot in the Banf National Park. Lovely, but was not like this photoshopped picture.

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

We started with Breakfast in Banf and then drove up to Jasper and back to our time share in Fairmount Hotsprings.

IMG_9997.JPG

We also hiked Lake Louise

IMG_0051.JPG

Looks fantastic. 

For Balthazar...

May be an image of outdoors

More...

May be a meme of text that says 'When the family has to ride in the project car'

No photo description available.

For Drew...

May be an image of car and outdoors

One more car pic...

May be an image of car

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

WOW, This is freaky close for the person following the jeep GC that got struck. Hope everyone was OK inside.

Then found this on The Drive of a lighting strike on a Ford Pickup and how it melted the interior. WOW

Lightning Strike Melted This Ford Super Duty’s Interior | The Drive

Snag_36a5eed.png

@balthazar should really enjoy this and the fact that it is now on the National Register as a historical place and has a dedicated museum now and money to maintain this living advertisement.

8,000 trees were used by Studebaker to make an advertisement to people who fly into the airport.

image.png

80 years later, it is still advertising the now dead company.

Studebaker Still Advertises Its Defunct Company with 8,000-Tree Monument (thedrive.com)

Lovely Car

image.png

I would say today, it needs a bit of pruning.

image.png

To quote the story: Fans of the brand are keeping the Studebaker name alive. In 2004, the monument was placed on the National Register of Historic Places, and after an ice storm damaged several trees that year, a grant was awarded for its long-term management and preservation. In 2005, the Studebaker National Museum opened its doors (don't miss its Concours d'Elegance each July). And in 2015, new saplings were planted in the monument after dead and diseased trees were removed. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, David said:

Have to say the Jeep Wagoner is looking Awesome! 

https://www.jeep.com/wagoneer.html

20210721_183202.jpg

Man the more I spend time on this web site, the more this will make a hit in luxury SUV sales in the US and I honestly do not see it taking them from GM or Ford.

image.png

image.png

Will have to say interesting that like Lincoln, they are offering 4 select color combo's with multiple interior color combo options. The Red Velvet sadly only gets black interior where the Black, Silver and White exterior color options get all 3 interior color options.

image.png

This truly plays in the luxury segment.

image.png