Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Special Super Duties

Special Super Duties

For 2007, Ford has added two new versions to its Super Duty line of F-Series trucks: the Lariat Outlaw (truck for hardcore badasses) and Lariat Highline (truck for the classy construction worker). You know, I think Ford has the most special edition heavy-duty trucks of any brand...and I really can't see the necessity (as cool as the Outlaw looks). Anyway, check the specs...

Read "2007 Ford Super Duty Ups the Ante" @ World Car Fans

The only Super Duty I'd like to own is a 1970s Trans Am.

Can't beleive Ford stole this moniker from Pontiac. :angry:

Did the relentless fuss generated by those superduty spypics stall ford a year, for a better, more full refreshment minus the ugly front fascia? Or where they planning the F250 release for 08 anyways, to be a year before the F-150?

Anyways, nothing special, but it's better then sitting still.. I guess...

What surprises me the most is that the 6.0L Powercrap is still in those trucks, with all the problems that they're having with them. I know a company that has two of those trucks with less than 20,000 miles on them and they've already been through 3 (count them THREE) engines. And c'mon, changing the air filter takes 45 minutes, that's crap too. I thought that Ford was unvieling a new Powersmoke engine?

why does the highline only come on a supercab and not a crew cab. (i think im reading that right) I can count on my hands how many supercabs i have seen. at least round here, people buy the regualr cab or the crew cab.

International makes those powerstrokes..

These will never sell. Everyone knows people don't buy pickups for personal transportation. They're strictly for work use. Who has ever even seen a King Ranch or Harley-Davidson? :AH-HA_wink:

These will never sell.  Everyone knows people don't buy pickups for personal transportation.  They're strictly for work use.  Who has ever even seen a King Ranch or Harley-Davidson? :AH-HA_wink:

I like the motorcycle enthusiasts (not bikers) who tow their Harleys with their Harley F-150.

Uh...how 'bout riding it?

These will never sell.  Everyone knows people don't buy pickups for personal transportation.  They're strictly for work use.  Who has ever even seen a King Ranch or Harley-Davidson? :AH-HA_wink:

Thats why i like Dodge ram's, theyre a "truck for those who want a truck", espeically with the cummins in it...waht a stud (truck).

actually i have seen quite a few of each...an example of someone i think would buy them....old folks that pull a 5th wheel camper around....they want a luxury truck that's comfortable and can pull around a 40+ foot trailer.

Hint: (scharmer, sir, that was sarcasm. I've seen plenty of these duded-up SDs.) :)

I've seen too many King Ranch trucks out here, too too many, a few Harley Davidsons, but alot of King Ranch edition F-150's and F-350's, a couple of harley's here and alot of Lariats., people only buy upscale Ford's out here, with the exception of the Ford Escape Hybrid, the Mustang, and the Freestyle.

Every other Ford out here is pretty much a dud. ie Five Hundred, Fusion, Expedition, Explorer, Sport Trac... :scratchchin:

I don't see how these minor upgrades help anything. Maybe Ford's just trying to introduce to us two trim levels that we'll see on their 08 Super Duty Refreshment. 8)

What surprises me the most is that the 6.0L Powercrap is still in those trucks, with all the problems that they're having with them.  I know a company that has two of those trucks with less than 20,000 miles on them and they've already been through 3 (count them THREE) engines.  And c'mon, changing the air filter takes 45 minutes, that's crap too.  I thought that Ford was unvieling a new Powersmoke engine?

This is mostly myth based on anecdotal evidence. Warranty on the 6.0L is less than the 7.3L. Initial warranty claims were high, but most of the bugs are now worked out.

Note from the article that the 2007 Superduty production starts in MAY!!! :scratchchin:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook