New Phone? Samsung Galaxy S6 v. Nexus 6 v. LG G4 v. Keeping my Galaxy S4

When you get it, keep us updated on how the G4 pans out. I've had several LG products and felt their quality was extremely sub-par, but their new smart phones are supposed to be competitive with the top tier.

I agree with this, after the last LG I had I vowed never to buy their phones again.  I'm still open to some appliances from them (not a TV, but maybe a refrigerator), but definitely not a phone again, though I'd be interested to hear if the quality has improved (I would say no, because my wife recently got an LG she hates, but it's not near the top of the line for them, either, so I'll give them a little slack for that one).

I have to say NO to LG products period. Daughter has gone through 2 LG phones before going to the note4 and had nothing but problems and repeat replacements of the LG phones. My sister and her husband own their own appliance repair business and say LG appliances are the worst to work on cheap internal parts and they do not last. Plus LG is terrible to work with even when it is a warranty repair. I have heard other horror stories from people about LG products also. So just say NO to LG.

When I sold TVs and appliances we didn't carry LG, and I often had to correct people who thought that LG was the top-of-the-line brand in various departments.  They aren't bad, they aren't Vizio or anything like that, but they're a decent middle-of-the-road company at best.  On the other hand, they have a pretty good marketing department that has built their hype up very well, creating that top-line image that they can't quite live up to.

When you get it, keep us updated on how the G4 pans out. I've had several LG products and felt their quality was extremely sub-par, but their new smart phones are supposed to be competitive with the top tier.

I agree with this, after the last LG I had I vowed never to buy their phones again.  I'm still open to some appliances from them (not a TV, but maybe a refrigerator), but definitely not a phone again, though I'd be interested to hear if the quality has improved (I would say no, because my wife recently got an LG she hates, but it's not near the top of the line for them, either, so I'll give them a little slack for that one).

I have to say NO to LG products period. Daughter has gone through 2 LG phones before going to the note4 and had nothing but problems and repeat replacements of the LG phones. My sister and her husband own their own appliance repair business and say LG appliances are the worst to work on cheap internal parts and they do not last. Plus LG is terrible to work with even when it is a warranty repair. I have heard other horror stories from people about LG products also. So just say NO to LG.

When I sold TVs and appliances we didn't carry LG, and I often had to correct people who thought that LG was the top-of-the-line brand in various departments.  They aren't bad, they aren't Vizio or anything like that, but they're a decent middle-of-the-road company at best.  On the other hand, they have a pretty good marketing department that has built their hype up very well, creating that top-line image that they can't quite live up to.

I would agree with you that they are a mid level company that has a high end rep due to their marketing. I would still never recommend LG to anyone mainly due to the issues I have seen with their products.

I don't doubt there are others. I was more curious as to what you can access on Andriod that you can't on a Windows phone?

The big ones are all there, but the quality of the apps is poor on many of them. I'm pretty set on staying with android... I have a lot in the ecosystem and am comfortable there.

Also, I'm now hearing rumors that the S4 will get the update to 5.1 or 5.1.1

• 4 weeks later...