New Corsa Uncovered

Should Saturn sell the new Corsa?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Should Saturn sell the new Corsa?

• No way, Americans don't want cars this small.
    • Not for me, but plenty of other people would.
    • I'd buy it, but I don't know how many other people would.
    • Sweeeet!!! Wipes the floor with Yaris and Fit and throws them in the bin. Do it!!!

Yes.

As fuel prices rise, smaller, fuel-efficient (and attractive) autos will appeal more and more to Americans.

I feel that the current crop of traditonally small economy cars are far too large on the outside. Examples are the new Civic, even the Cobalt (even though its interior seems unusually cramped to me).

Bring it here! Just don't dilute the powertrain variety like with the Aura. That was lame.

LeftLaneNews:

"The first official images of the 2007 Opel-Vauxhall Corsa have appeared online. Details of the new engines are not fully available, but a 180 horsepower OPC/VXR version is expected to be offered. The unveiling of the car is particularly interesting because some observers believe a Saturn-branded version of the car will be offered in the United States. Images after the jump…"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Exterior looks fantastic. Love the look. The interior looks cheap to me, and I don't think it's just the center stack. I don't like the GM corporate sea of grey, and the panel gaps look like they leave something to be desired. Hopefully it's just typical crappy GM photography.

Still light years better than an Ion. This would make for a competitive compact in NA, no doubt.

-RBB

We used to get the last (current?) model Corsa as the Holden Barina but due to high cost / low spec due to exchange rates it did not sell well. This was a great little solid car and was economical as well.

This has since been replaced by the Barina (Aveo) Hatch (and sedan in Australia). Sales were going great until the latest crash test data (Euro NCAP and ANCAP) came out and showed the Barina as a 2 star car. Enquiry has since died!

Maybe they could build the new Corsa in Korea with local content and export it around Asia / Pacific?

This Corsa would help a lot and would be a premium competitor in the same price range as the Honda Fit.

Style wise it's got all the Koreans, the Fit & Yaris over a barrell.

• 2 weeks later...