Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

JUNE 2015 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD HERE!!!

Cruising season is in full schwing!  When you're out and about, you are sure to see an interesting or unusual vehicle... or four.  Let us know about it by posting your sightings here!

circa '48 Plymouth sedan, medium blue, good shape, parked at business.

And this, a '49:

DSC04182_zps56xshxwf.jpg

Early car, had functional VentiPorts:

DSC04181_zpsxmhktwhv.jpg

This would make a GREAT candidate for some radical surgery… IF it could be gotten for somewhere between $300 and free, but delusionally they were asking $2000.
No one is going to restore a rotten Super 4-dr sedan; it's only possible future is the crusher… so they might as well just give it to me. 

Saw a dark rootbeer brown '16 Passat wagon in traffic, I think it was the plug-in hybrid Euro spec model,had the C-shaped LED front running lights in the lower fascia.  Had a strange license plate--an AZ plate in dark blue w/ white characters.  Hmmm...VW evaluating a prototype here?

Saw a dark rootbeer brown '16 Passat wagon in traffic, I think it was the plug-in hybrid Euro spec model,had the C-shaped LED front running lights in the lower fascia.  Had a strange license plate--an AZ plate in dark blue w/ white characters.  Hmmm...VW evaluating a prototype here?

You didn't snap a pic?  Shoot first, upload the pictures here, then ask questions!

Edit: That plate is apparently a "Vehicle Dealer" plate

You didn't snap a pic?  Shoot first, upload the pictures here, then ask questions!

I was in the far left lane, 40mph afternoon traffic, the car was in the middle lane then moved over and went into a Safeway lot..I would have followed it into the lot and taken pics had I been able to get over..

It looked like this...but no graphics or badging except for the VW round badging.  The hybrid seems to be the only one I can find pics of with the C-shaped led lighting on the front fascia..

2015-Volkswagen-Passat-GTE-Version-live-

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

This would make a GREAT candidate for some radical surgery… IF it could be gotten for somewhere between $300 and free, but delusionally they were asking $2000.

*raises eyebrow*

What?  $2,000 for that....?  Oh my.

I was out briefly Tuesday afternoon ... but didn't see anything to exciting.  'Twas all boring to me.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Need a second to breathe" __ Adam Lambert __ 'What Do You Want From Me?'

*raises eyebrow*

What?  $2,000 for that....?  Oh my.

I was out briefly Tuesday afternoon ... but didn't see anything to exciting.  'Twas all boring to me.

"Need a second to breathe" __ Adam Lambert __ 'What Do You Want From Me?'

You can thank the Barrett-Jackson Auction for making people think their rusted out antiques are worth more than they actually are  :XD:

Chevy Chunday :

Interesting, fast-moving pack of exotics in a convoy: ferrari, lambo, C7 Corvette, porsche, aston-marton. Magazine test, or playboy outing?

'68 Chevelle, dark blue with long fender top stripe, filthy, on trailer, MUST'VE been freshly pulled from barn

'nuther '68, rumbling :

DSC04241_zpsolrbaaxj.jpg

'68 Camaro SS, sure looked like Synergy Green, purty, rollin'.

'64 Impy hardtop, parked at tire shop/junkyard (not a runner) : 

DSC04208_zpskykwvhrd.jpg

Went out on Saturday only to grab a medicine prescription refill.  Saw quite a few older cars out.  But, also saw a 2015 Colorado ... bright red ... looked great.

"Some things just glitter and shine" __ Confederate Railroad __ 'Daddy Never Was The Cadillac Kind'

Saw a New tagged Cadillac CTS-V Station Wagon. They had just bought it. Only had their paper tag in the rear window. Less than a 1000 miles on the auto, clearly been sitting for a long while on the dealer lot.

Going to work this morning saw a red longbed '69 Ford Ranger pickup in traffic in solid condition w/ a rack w/ ladders and a wheelbarrow in the back...neat to see a truck that old still on the job...

Saw one of the new Jeep Renegades in person for the first time in a light tan, neat little wagon.   Also saw a new GMC Canyon short bed crew cab in dark green, first I've seen of the new generation..very sharp pickup.

Saw a derelict '75 Catalina 2dr rolling along in traffic yesterday...may have been silver once..all the upper surfaces had surface rust and bits of silver showed down low...interior filled w/ stuff, looked like the driver lived in it..the driver was a really creepy looking guy w/ a huge beard.

• Agree 1

DSC04156_zpsl3cq7qgt.jpg

('57) :

DSC04248_zpsbpuvr3uj.jpg

NICE!!!!!

Heh ... already mid-June????  My goodness mercy me!!!!  Was out a bit this weekend, but didn't really see anything that caught my eye.

"Like a good book, I can't put this day back" __ Tori Amos __ 'A Sorta Fairytale'

I opened my curtains this morning to see a Willys Jeep, complete in vintage olive drab with the white American star marking on the hood, on a lowloader being pulled by an Audi SUV trying to turn around in my cul-de-sac.

That was a lovely surprise for the morning :)

Saw a derelict '75 Catalina 2dr rolling along in traffic yesterday...may have been silver once..all the upper surfaces had surface rust and bits of silver showed down low...interior filled w/ stuff, looked like the driver lived in it..the driver was a really creepy looking guy w/ a huge beard.

Darn it, if I'd known that was you, I would have waved.

I saw a brilliant looking American car from the 60's/70's on my travels a few days ago. I couldn't identify it but it looked something like a Buick or could have even been a Caddy. The burbling noise it made as it went past was pretty sweet to hear.