Choppin' Competition #19 - Pontiac G5 Coupe

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #19!

We have all seen Pontiac's new G5 coupe, a Canadian market import that itself is a lightly-rebodied two-door Chevrolet Cobalt. Needless to say, many of us are disappointed at the lack of effort it seems went into this car that - aside from some minor cosmetic enhancements - doesn't appear to add any excitement to the performance division.

Here's your chance to change that.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to create an appropriate Pontiac G5. Remember, this is a compact, entry-level non-sedan so keep in mind size and pricing constraints. Also, keep in mind the bodystyle will be sleek and coupelike.

That is the only rule aside from the same 800x600 size guidelines. Choose any image you'd like, though we're encouraging you to be semi-realistic (GM is on a budget here), so here are some Cobalt coupe images...

Cobalt @ Autodeadline

Cobalt @ Chevrolet.com

Interior chops are also encouraged!

The winner will recieve a Pontiac-related prize!

Deadline is Sunday, May 14th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

...& here is my older version from a GMI (yuk) contest...it fits for this contest too, so it's a little different as it was based off a GTO, not a Cobalt.

Pontiac G5 GT (glass top) Coupe ;

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

My first swipe at the rearend perspective on this ???...working up to a final pix that will have all the views in 1 frame, trying to challenge myself to do this !...whew.

Also as you may have noticed, I have as the criteria was laid out here made the effort to restrain myself from redesigning the ENTIRE car by keeping the basic Cobalt body intact so this could be a easy car to put in production quicky. The changes are limited to front and rear clips, and side panels only....Therefore the side veiw is not going to be that different from a Cobalt....?????

Pontiac G5 coupe (standard or GX model) ;

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Note to self: always start with a high res image. :duh:

I chose to adopt a Solstice front end and cues. You wont believe me, but I actually had a dream that featured this idea about a month ago!

I used a modified version of the GM Canada website because I like the layout better than the US site. :P

Posted Image

actually I am tending to agree that maybe a complete redo IS in order here.

The Cobalt body is a bit less than what should be the next generation Import fighter, The G6 is closer I think, but as rebadged Pontiacs, all of these work.

Posted Image

Redid my G5 ....using a G6 not a Cobalt ? I did it a little fast tho ..so, I'll have to clean it up abit, just I was in a hurry (???) to see what it would look like.

I like this better than ANY honda, mazda or toyo out there !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

wow NOS thats beautiful... really nice... somehow reminds me of the ventura that i drew in the member showcase... which isnt a bad thing...

Meh... no wide-body kit for mine, NOS. Atleast I did something more than you did... Let's see, I modified the spoiler, body side indent, the green house (rear window, rear quarter window, removed door glass pillar), and the rear bumper. :P

Let's see.. on mine, I did: lower front fascia, upper grille, modified the fender flares, added vent, modified mirrors, new rims, new color, completely new spoiler.

Here's the original, to compare:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/2005sema/sem...twidebody_2.jpg

Edited by NOS2006

Well, you were just complaining about the body... that and color doesn't count. :P ...Because my image editing program wouldn't allow a decent color change since the original was a crappy pic I took off my screen. Besides... I picked red on the G5 site's color selector. :lol: