What if Cadillac made a version of the GMC Savana and Chevrolet Express?

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I can so see this as a HUGE Hit for the Asian Rim since the Music scene is flush with using Cadillacs for personal driving and then the bands get driven around in chevy full size vans. I could see this a hit in Korea, Japan and even eastern Europe.

Yes it would not fly in the USA, but I can see this selling in other places in the world.

Interesting!  :scratchchin:

Before anyone blasts me spend some time on Nextflix watching Korean, Japanese or Chinese drama's and you will see what I mean.

Excellent idea, poorly executed. Luxury vans are becoming a sizeable cottage industry, with tech firms using them as mobile workstations/carpools for employees. They've also become popular among recording artists. 

It'd be neat if Cadillac created an off-the-shelf van with plenty of amenities, trading on the Escalade brand. 

Its just an Escalade front end strapped on to an Express/Savanna van. And that interior...by God...what a hacked job that was... :yikes:

And Ill add scary face also... :scared: and maybe a tad of crazy to the guy that created that interior... :stupid:

The front end is not bad...but...NO!

This is all befitting as the first generation Escalade was just as much of a hacked job as this "conversion".

These are more nicer as GMC conversion vans...

hqdefault.jpg

2016-gmc-savana-box-truck.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I wont even bother showing a better luxurious interior from a Chevy Express/GMC Savanna conversion van. It just isnt worth my time to begin laughing at this so-called Cadillac  conversion van...very poorly done.

Edited by oldshurst442

Well it was a bit home made in execution.

To say the least.

Ive got a saying of my own...

Either you have it...or you dont.

Money..talent...you get the idea.

Talent...well, he has some talent...Ill give that person that much.

Money...

Well...to trying to be somebody you are not by trying to portray a working van into a van of luxury by grafting a Cadillac front end to it and then botching the rest of the luxury is just stupid...especially when someone could buy a conversion Chevy/GMC van...like the one he used...but with THE original Chevy or GMC front end clip...not with a Cadillac 'Slade front clip with all the REAL and EXPENSIVE luxury features in those vans that are on par in some instances with Rolls Royce level of luxury...

The problem is that those conversion vans surpass real Cadillac Escalade prices...with Chevrolet/GMC front ends...

The irony is killing me.

Like I said...you either have it...or you dont. There is no need to try to lie about it...

But we are living in a society full of badge snobs today...its a shame really.

Edited by oldshurst442

Yes it would not fly in the USA, but I can see this selling in other places in the world.

This ... absolutely, 100% ... agree.

Shuddered as I watched, but realized other places like China could probably love this to no end.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Confusing what is real" __ Linkin Park __ 'Crawling'

It would need a Cadillac quality cockpit, though, instead of the usual gray Fisher Price van interior..   I do know that luxury vans seem to have a niche in parts of Asia, like the loaded Nissan El Grands and Toyota Alphards...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Well it was a bit home made in execution.

Money...

Well...to trying to be somebody you are not by trying to portray a working van into a van of luxury by grafting a Cadillac front end to it and then botching the rest of the luxury is just stupid...especially when someone could buy a conversion Chevy/GMC van...like the one he used...but with THE original Chevy or GMC front end clip...not with a Cadillac 'Slade front clip with all the REAL and EXPENSIVE luxury features in those vans that are on par in some instances with Rolls Royce level of luxury...

The problem is that those conversion vans surpass real Cadillac Escalade prices...with Chevrolet/GMC front ends...

The irony is killing me.

Like I said...you either have it...or you dont. There is no need to try to lie about it...

But we are living in a society full of badge snobs today...its a shame really.

I think whoever did this conversion is in Russia, judging by the url on the video.. they do all sorts of tacky bling stuff there...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 11:33 AM, smk4565 said:

The best mid-size work van in the world.

Boo.gif To even GIVE TWO $h!S.. about a work van... on an enthusiast's site.. is the epitome of Fanboyism if ever there was some. Pathetic.. and proof positive that U are a BADGEWHORE

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 1:20 PM, Cmicasa the Great said:

Boo.gif To even GIVE TWO $h!S.. about a work van... on an enthusiast's site.. is the epitome of Fanboyism if ever there was some. Pathetic.. and proof positive that U are a BADGEWHORE

The Sprinter is the standard-bearer for the segment. 

However, I'd argue that Ford's Transit has recently usurped the Sprinter as the best van. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 2:59 PM, Buzz Killington said:

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 1:20 PM, Cmicasa the Great said:

The Sprinter is the standard-bearer for the segment. 

However, I'd argue that Ford's Transit has recently usurped the Sprinter as the best van. 

That's how I feel about it. The sprinter really does take the cake.. there can be waaaay more done with it still. But the Transit/Transit Connect are making a very compelling argument. I think part of that argument would be the availability of dealerships.  Ford also offers a 3rd engine option and both gas and diesel. I think I saw the MB only has two different diesel options. Which isn't a bad thing but no gasoline option seemed a little odd to me.

The Vito has the 2.0 gas turbo 4 and 7-speed automatic.  The Sprinter is diesel only.  I think it would be sweet if they put the 3.0 bi-turbo V6 in the Sprinter.  The diesels in the Sprinter need a power bump, they could get another 10-15% out of those engines.