Wings4Life(BANNED)

Shelby Super Snake returns with 750+ horsepower

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/16/2015-shelby-super-snake-750-horsepower-official/

Based on the 2015 Ford Mustang GT, the new Super Snake is being offered with over 750 horsepower thanks in no small part to a Ford Performance supercharger. That's even more than the 605 hp in the last Super Snake released in 2007, the new 627-hp Shelby GT, or the 500-plus-hp Shelby GT350 you can order from the factory.

Shelby American's latest also packs upgraded Ford Performance suspension components, a Borla exhaust, 20-inch wheels from Weld Racing and coated in Michelin Pilot Super Sport rubber, six-piston Wilwood brakes, and more.

Differentiating it visually from lesser pony cars are a carbon-fiber hood and aero kit, blacked-out grille, racing stripes, and special badging inside and out. Inside you'll also find a short-throw shifter and three-gauge instrument pod.

The upgrades will set you back $49,995 on top of the price of a donor Mustang GT, and only 300 examples will be built this year. For the first time the Super Snake will be available with either a manual or (heaven forbid) an automatic transmission.

So, for a basic GT conversion you are looking at 85 Grand????? And that hood seriously does no work with this gen mustang.  i will stick to te GT350 thanks.....

So, for a basic GT conversion you are looking at 85 Grand????? And that hood seriously does no work with this gen mustang.  i will stick to te GT350 thanks.....

I know what you mean.

Scat for me, cause Hellcat is a waste of money.

I know what you mean.

Scat for me, cause Hellcat is a waste of money.

I think I would SRT 392, all the Hellcat's handling goodies with a couple hundred pounds off the nose and the best mix of usable street HP.  Hopefully we will see an update to 6.4 in a year or so that pushes it above 500 HP.

I agree. Love the power numbers but the look does not carry over on this gen. Mustang very well. The hood ruins a very nice looking car and the price kills it completely. GT350 would be a far better choice IMO.

Sorry.  As much as I appreciate a classic, they suck to drive compared to new ones.  Heck, compared to anything from the 80's even.  And the performance lags so far behind it is not even fair to compare.

This does look bad ass though, especially from the only view the competition will see.....

SAI_8398-626x417.jpg

Sorry.  As much as I appreciate a classic, they suck to drive compared to new ones.  Heck, compared to anything from the 80's even.  And the performance lags so far behind it is not even fair to compare.

This does look bad ass though, especially from the only view the competition will see.....

SAI_8398-626x417.jpg

Of course the new ones will drive better. Duh! I'm talking about that pure classic presence. Good lord man, take a compliment for once :thumbsup: . The read 3/4 view on that does look nice though.

Edited by surreal1272

SAI_8398-626x417.jpg

Of course the new ones will drive better. Duh! I'm talking about that pure classic presence. Good lord man, take a compliment for once :thumbsup: . The read 3/4 view on that does look nice though.

Compliment?

Wait, which part....when you said it cost too much or that the hood ruined it for you?

• Downvote 1

SAI_8398-626x417.jpg

Compliment?

Wait, which part....when you said it cost too much or that the hood ruined it for you?

Again, lighten up and pull the stick out. I am talking about the Shelby Stangs in general, hence bringing up the classics. Also, I said the hood doesn't work for me and I did compliment the rest of the car but it is pricey, no two ways about it. Sorry it's not bowing down to it, just an honest observation.

Oh and that last post should have read "rear" 3/4 not read 3/4.

Edited by surreal1272

Few people have actually seen a SS Mustang in person.  Every year Ford hosts a Mustang show at it’s world HQ, and I attend about every other year.  The presence of a SS is pretty cool when you actually are standing above it…..not looking up it’s nostril from a low camera angle.  So having seen every SS ever produced up close, and now studying this pic, I consider this an excellent adaption of the legacy. I love every single one, and every single one is better than the previous.  This appears to be the best Mustang ever.

the 3/4 view looks good, but I am sorry the hood simply goes out too far and is too tall at the front, regardless of the view.  The price is also borderline crazy.  Give me the factory designed, backed, tested, and warrantied GT350 any day with a nice chunk of change left in my pocket. 

The hood is attrocious.. It doesn't work on the S550. It looked fantastic on the last gen but not this one.

Price? lol I won't go in to that part.. Expensive.

The rest of the car looks fantastic but that hood is just gaudy to me. Like they tried too hard to force the came hood as the previous gen.

Few people have actually seen a SS Mustang in person.  Every year Ford hosts a Mustang show at it’s world HQ, and I attend about every other year.  The presence of a SS is pretty cool when you actually are standing above it…..not looking up it’s nostril from a low camera angle.  So having seen every SS ever produced up close, and now studying this pic, I consider this an excellent adaption of the legacy. I love every single one, and every single one is better than the previous.  This appears to be the best Mustang ever.

You're talking to one of the few people who have seen several different generations of Shelbys. I live within and earshot of Barrett Jackson, which has displayed many of them over the years. Seeing this in person will not change my opinion about the gaudy hood on an otherwise great looking car, nor will it change my opinion about the high price.

The price is on par with every other Snake.

Previous 850hp version cost $86K, where this costs $83K.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/850-hp-shelby-gt500-super-snake-goes-sale

I recognize that these limited edition hyper cars are what they are and they can pretty much name their price, but for me, a pony car should not be north of $50K.  That is my price point and that is also about all I can afford.

You can keep this and your hellcat and certainly your underpowered Z for $74K.

• Downvote 1

I recognize that these limited edition hyper cars are what they are and they can pretty much name their price, but for me, a pony car should not be north of $50K.  That is my price point and that is also about all I can afford.

Not sure if this is a responce to me because I said the 1000hp version. And it is not a measly 86k. It is the price of a GT500: $55,000 And $149,995. Yes. a $200,000 mustang. If you don't believe me, go to their site. http://www.shelbyamerican.com/?topic=builds1000

Also these are not Hyper cars.

Lol did you just consider 508hp underpowered? In what world????

• Downvote 1

This is a tuner car, a hypercar is something totally different.  It is still an overpriced piece of machinery.  If power is all you are concerned about ou can take any of today's and get that kind of power for considerably less out.  Hell, you are like a tune away in a Hellcat...........

Not sure if this is a responce to me because I said the 1000hp version. And it is not a measly 86k. It is the price of a GT500: $55,000 And $149,995. Yes. a $200,000 mustang. If you don't believe me, go to their site. http://www.shelbyamerican.com/?topic=builds1000

Was not a response to you, just a general comment on pricing, and although high, is consistent with previous 'extreme' pony speciality cars, or what ever you want to call them.  I take little interest in classifying something I have little interest in.  And oops, yeah, the $86K 2014 snake was not for the 850hp version, which tacks on another $40K, as mentioned in my link above.  So in retrospect, this 750hp new gen stang is a relative bargain.

And yeah, I did say that a $74K Z camaro is underpowered, especially when compared against this or the GT350.  Care to debate my opinion on that?

Edited by Wings4Life
  • Downvote 1

Oops on my previous 2015 price comment too.

Prices start at $49,999 for a 650+ hp version and $54,999 for the more powerful model. But those prices don't include the cost of a 2015 Mustang GT, which starts at $33,200, which does include a $900 destination fee.

Here is previous model at nearly 1000hp compared to 2015 model.

Ford-Shelby-GT500-Super-Snake-1.jpg

Was not a response to you, just a general comment on pricing, and although high, is consistent with previous 'extreme' pony speciality cars, or what ever you want to call them.  I take little interest in classifying something I have little interest in.  And oops, yeah, the $86K 2014 snake was not for the 850hp version, which tacks on another $40K, as mentioned in my link above.  So in retrospect, this 750hp new gen stang is a relative bargain.

And yeah, I did say that a $74K Z camaro is underpowered, especially when compared against this or the GT350.  Care to debate my opinion on that?

Haha nahh I won't debate your opinion.. it's an opinion.. I will say that the Z didn't have any competition at the time it was released though.. And although you may believe it is underpowered(crazy to think we are even talking about a 500+hp car being underpowered, right?) I think they mazimized what they could do with the suspension and they must have known that more power would have actually made it a worse car. Just my idea on it..

Yeah I guess when you look at previous Shelbys and their pricing this ~80k doesn't really look too bad for 750hp. Personally, I would but the 80k to better use but that is just me.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook