Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

GM "Carryall" concept truck

11 posts in this topic

GMC / Chevy "CARRYALL" Concept Truck chop, no big deal but maybe an idea that has come back around ???...the original Carryall had the same kinda swing out back door(s) not a tailgate.

Posted Image

I only drew the center door as opening, but the wing could also open (1 of them) and that would give 3/4th's of the entry space still. I thought of this as a replacement for the GM minivans that are going out of production,...

...crossed with an SUV for the family market.

Here is another version of the same concept truck;

Posted Image

This one is more true to the original Carryall models of the 50's & 60's.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

so it is just basically a suburban with a different back door....i don't know who this is appealing to....have any idea of who wants something like this?

so it is just basically a suburban with a different back door....i don't know who this is appealing to....have any idea of who wants something like this?

Well as I said;

"a replacement for the GM minivans that are going out of production,...

...crossed with an SUV for the family market." ...or for the Land Rover set too.

Might do real well in Australia, and the outlands of Canada, Africa & the USA, heck in south america it could be a regular Transport BUS !, ...I'd buy one to carry my paintings in and my dog would LOVE having his own back door...lol.

The side windows were made larger too and the notch /curve design theme carried

throughout, gives it a more minivan/suv/station wagon feel, I think.

????

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

looks "excursion big" , bigger than the 'burban... what would it have for engines? atlas , ls-4 and a ls-2?

looks "excursion big"  , bigger than the 'burban...  what would it have for engines? atlas , ls-4 and a ls-2?

Actually it is a "stock" Suburban....the bigger windows give it the illusion of being larger than the current production truck, I got another version in the works....

so if this is suburban big....how is it supposed to appeal to people who have been buying minivans.....there is a reason why people buy minivans. Its because they want a minivan, thats the price of a minivan. If they wanted something as big as a suburban....they would buy a suburban.

so if this is suburban big....how is it supposed to appeal to people who have been buying minivans.....there is a reason why people buy minivans.  Its because they want a minivan, thats the price of a minivan.  If they wanted something as big as a suburban....they would buy a suburban.

...I dunno exactly, but GM is not going to make any NEW minivans anymore, so your choices are a Crossover or a SUV, like the "burb !...?? seems to me they need to have new variations on those models to attract customers to them. Although too, now some of the new crossovers are so much better than a minivan anyway, ...WHY would anyone buy a minivan at all ????

...WHY would anyone buy a minivan at all ????

because minivans is sometimes all someone can afford to get there family of 6 or 7 from point A to point B. I really hope that at least one of GM's crossovers is priced in a minivan buyers price range. If not, they are losing some good business

...I dunno exactly, but GM is not going to make any NEW minivans anymore, so your choices are a Crossover or a SUV, like the "burb !...?? seems to me they need to have new variations on those models to attract customers to them. Although too, now some of the new crossovers are so much better than a minivan anyway, ...WHY would anyone buy a minivan at all ????

Actually, Lambda minivans are coming. Expect them to be good...Remember who's at GM and remember which company invented the minivan...

Also, I think the minivans first referred to are the Astro/Safari, right? Those went out and were largely commercial...

Edited by Croc

yea exactly right, the Astro & Safari were the GM minivans at first, then the Trans Sport (which I really liked) & Lumina (which I hated ?? ) now there is the uplander and it's off shoots, Enclave et al. I did a few Minivan pixs a while back too...here are 2 that maybe are a bit forward looking as to the next generation of minivans, of course that's JMO; (these are older, so they are not quite as good as the more recent pixs I have posted here, OK?, but you can get the idea from them just fine).

Pontiac

Posted Image

Chevrolet

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this