• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

New Cadillac XT5 Spotted Completely Undisguised

Alright guys, let the semantics go.

I'm not the one arguing over semantics. Only one person here is getting hung up on the "shape" of things. I merely stated my opinion.

Haha dude, you responded TO me. You stated your opinion TO me in a manner that was correcting me. I'd say that is arguing.

Who gives a crap though? Regardless of what you think of it I still think it looks more Equinox than I expected Cadillac to do. I thought Cadillac was doing better because the other modern Cadillacs look badass(ATS/CTS/CT6) and this looks like a crow next to a groupe of bald eagles.

I'm not the one arguing over semantics. Only one person here is getting hung up on the "shape" of things. I merely stated my opinion.

Haha dude, you responded TO me. You stated your opinion TO me in a manner that was correcting me. I'd say that is arguing.

Who gives a crap though? Regardless of what you think of it I still think it looks more Equinox than I expected Cadillac to do. I thought Cadillac was doing better because the other modern Cadillacs look badass(ATS/CTS/CT6) and this looks like a crow next to a groupe of bald eagles.

Cadillac was so close to this...

93a.jpg

So you're going to argue semantics with more semantics (the SHAPE man, the SHAPE)? Seriously? Lighten the heck up already. Regardless of you think, it does NOT look like an Equinox, not even if you squint your eyes really hard. It is practically covered in CT6 design cues in the front, which also looks nothing like an Equinox (oh, but the SHAPE, the SHAPE man!).

cadillac-ct6-lead.jpg

esfe0acba9y06najt62z.jpg

I think we can all agree if we want a 5-door cadillac, we're looking for a used CTS Sportwagon. I'd trade my Malibu on one today if the deal was right.

CTS-V wagon for me but I'd be happy parking just about any CTS wagon next to my Magnum!

So you're going to argue semantics with more semantics (the SHAPE man, the SHAPE)? Seriously? Lighten the heck up already. Regardless of you think, it does NOT look like an Equinox, not even if you squint your eyes really hard. It is practically covered in CT6 design cues in the front, which also looks nothing like an Equinox (oh, but the SHAPE, the SHAPE man!).

esfe0acba9y06najt62z.jpg

..lol.. Yes I think from the bottom of the windshield forward looks very Equinox to me.. The 12 inch drop from base of windshield to the front of the hood(The ATS/CTS/CT6/Escalade do not do that), the base of the windhsield which is also nearly 7ft off the ground and the massive area UNDER the grill but before the ground all look Equinox/Traverse shaped to me.. so sue me.  To me, the only CT6/CTS/ATS cues are the headlights and flowing into the LED fog lights(which are good looking).  This is what I mean when I said you're arguing opinions and trying to say one is right and one is wrong. Opinions..are just that.. TO ME is looks covered in Equinox "design cues".. TO YOU it looks covered in CT6 "design cues".. who the F cares..

Edited by ccap41

esfe0acba9y06najt62z.jpg

..lol.. Yes I think from the bottom of the windshield forward looks very Equinox to me.. The 12 inch drop from base of windshield to the front of the hood(The ATS/CTS/CT6/Escalade do not do that), the base of the windhsield which is also nearly 7ft off the ground and the massive area UNDER the grill but before the ground all look Equinox/Traverse shaped to me.. so sue me.  To me, the only CT6/CTS/ATS cues are the headlights and flowing into the LED fog lights(which are good looking).  This is what I mean when I said you're arguing opinions and trying to say one is right and one is wrong. Opinions..are just that.. TO ME is looks covered in Equinox "design cues".. TO YOU it looks covered in CT6 "design cues".. who the F cares..

You apparently do because you are going into great lengths to try and invalidate a simple opinion. Who the F cares indeed.

esfe0acba9y06najt62z.jpg

You apparently do because you are going into great lengths to try and invalidate a simple opinion. Who the F cares indeed.

I'm just elaborating on why I'm thinking the way that I am thinking. Thought that might help at least see from my point of view.. Maybe if you elaborated on more than "It is practically covered in CT6 design cues in the front" we could have a decent conversation about the vehicles.

I've already said why I think it doesn't look like the Equinox by providing the visual examples above. It doesn't require over analyzing every little detail to prove it either IMO. A good conversation was had until you decided to go the "whatever" route btw so take that for what it's worth. I'm just not that interested in CUVs to continue to argue over these silly semantics. Nothing personal cap.

I've already said why I think it doesn't look like the Equinox by providing the visual examples above. It doesn't require over analyzing every little detail to prove it either IMO. A good conversation was had until you decided to go the "whatever" route btw so take that for what it's worth. I'm just not that interested in CUVs to continue to argue over these silly semantics. Nothing personal cap.

All good, man. We all have our varying opinions but one thing in common, we all love cars, engines, and..probably something else gnarly..lets go with guns..I hope you like guns too..lol

All good, man. We all have our varying opinions but one thing in common, we all love cars, engines, and..probably something else gnarly..lets go with guns..I hope you like guns too..lol

I work in the pawn business and have for over 12 years and we are one of only six stores in the country selling Jesse James firearms (actually a pretty nice guy when I met him). Yeah, I dig some guns.

Surreal, this is why you were banned at MT.  Let it go!

• Downvote 1

The top edge of the grille is a bit too high, which contributes quite a bit to the bulky look up front. The rest looks great, as usual. Should be a hit!

I needed to wait a bit before commenting, because futureshock.  It should have been called SRX, new naming scheme sucks at every turn.  But back to the vehicle.  I think it wears its iteration of A&S better than the first gen did.  I always thought the first-gen FWD/AWD SRX looked like it was about to tip up on its chin, with a massive face on a tiny body... like a chihuahua crossed with a pit bull.  The new grille appears slimmer to me here, and the rest of it evolves the outgoing design.  Very safe and smart.  Good job, Cadillac!

Way more similar than I expected from modern Cadillac.

D3750CE5-EC8D-40AB-8385-DF533C023EC8_zps

7564ED12-A920-4C12-A1B0-5D58B945A56B_zps

Again, not even close and they are not even built on the same platform ccap.

I don't care if they are on the exact same platform or completely different platforms, that doesn't make one look less like the other to me. The hood and forward..looks the exact same shape, to me.  Again, to me, it looks like they took off the front clip and replaced it with the Cadillac one.

It's disappointing nonetheless.

I read everything U said about it prior to this and for once.. I have to say that U are SPOT ON... if I was completely BLIND... blind.gif

As I said in the other thread (Orion Plant) when I posted these pics 2 days ago... All I can say is this should seriously expand Cadillac sales in a positive direction. If I owned a current SRX I would be waiting with salivation right now.. If I owned any of those ugly ass foreign competitors I'd be planning a trip to Carmax right now to unload that $h!.. buy a bus pass for a few months and get an XT5 when it arrived. Gorgeous.. and more upscale than the Q5 or ML (or whatever its called)

It reminds me of an Escalade, CT6, and ELR merged. Looks nothing like an Equinox. 

My mother who owns the current SRX saw this yesterday after I showed her and she instantly started calling our Caddy dealership to find outr about trading before I told her it wasn't out yet. 

The grille bothers me, mostly because it looks a little too high, and plain compared to the intricately detailed grilles on Caddy's other cars. It's quite possible that you just can't see it in this picture (also don't think black is showing all the sheetmetal details).  I am not sure about the fog light housings either.  For some reason the shape makes it look cheap...

15f4nco.jpg

Very nice... sexy as the ass on the girl on the left with the 3 inch heels and the ponytail. I LOVE NEW YORK!!!

I have to say, despite being a small pic, that's a better angle for the design and I much prefer that grille.

Edited by cp-the-nerd

First off, what happened at MT (which was only my 2nd ban in six years of posting at MT btw) has no bearing on what's going on here. As you can see (if you would have bothered to follow the WHOLE conversation), I did let it go. Nice job of assuming there though. 

This again one of these vehicles you need to see in person in 3D to get a good feel for it. Photos really so not carry body lines well on two box styling.

We all should really give it a look in person before we fully embrace or reject this styling. Like so many others we see a 50/50 split go 90/10 once the car arrives in person.

Also we have to keep in mind this vehicle was pre present administration at Cadillac. This is still a little more clean up on the work that was well in progress and nearly done when the changes happened the last time.

15f4nco.jpg

Very nice... sexy as the ass on the girl on the left with the 3 inch heels and the ponytail. I LOVE NEW YORK!!!

I have to say, despite being a small pic, that's a better angle for the design and I much prefer that grille.

The XT5 is waaaaay too far in the backround to really get a feel for it.

Speaking of "feeling for it"....that ass is :hot: .     :idhitit:

But I much prefer a slightly more meatier ass...I like me some booty...so I have something to grab unto...maybe even slap a little and see it jiggle... :drool:

(that is 3 more emoticons that Ive used from the very extensive library that we have...cool.gif

PS: I LOVE New York too....for the same reasons...and other reasons too...

But living in Montreal...Ive got it good...our ladies are just as hot and classy...maybe even hotter and classier...    Quebec.gif          

I see some cues from Buick Encore, actually. But this one uncovered photo leaves me wanting. To me, it looks absolutely horrifically ugly; perhaps art and science of the Escalade variety should have been used here.

Sounds like somebody is arguing the semantics of the semantics to me.

:breakdance:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First off, what happened at MT (which was only my 2nd ban in six years of posting at MT btw) has no bearing on what's going on here. As you can see (if you would have bothered to follow the WHOLE conversation), I did let it go. Nice job of assuming there though. 

I read the whole conversation, which is why I made the comment.  He was ready to let it go multiple times, but you like to pick arguments with people for whatever reason.  And that is exactly why you were banned at MT.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I certainly would not agree with "horrifically ugly" in the least, we have the Armada and the current Lexus SUVs for that.

I would wait for better shots in different colors, but from these I think it's a fitting little brother to the Escalade in the looks department.

I certainly would not agree with "horrifically ugly" in the least, we have the Armada and the current Lexus SUVs for that.

I would wait for better shots in different colors, but from these I think it's a fitting little brother to the Escalade in the looks department.

I agree.  No way is it horrible.  It fits right into the design language nicely. It looks better than what is there today, which curiously (IMO) sells so well.  So this should help matters.  Unless of course GM decides it needs to price it unrealistically, yet again.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.