Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Okay, Please Explain This To Me...

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

I just don't get it. I'm watching this show on Food network (found it by channel surfing) and people in China would rather eat a pigeon than a turkey.

What the hell!?

:stupid::blink:

Edited by YellowJacket894

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats kind what happens when your parents are related..

and

Posted Image

Edited by Charger4U

wow that's racist and really uninformed.

sorry i dint know your parents were related croc.. :lol: , and btw i ddint mean chinese people are inbred i menat just waht i said...and besides its just my deadpan humor right?

sorry i dint know your parents were related croc..  :lol: , and btw i ddint mean chinese people are inbred i menat just waht i said...and besides its just my deadpan humor right?

Nope, my parents aren't related, yes, you clearly did mean Chinese people are inbred...and no, you can't use the excuse of deadpan humor because 1) you don't even know what it is and claimed earlier that I was making it up, and 2) there are certain things you just don't say, even if you were attempting to deadpan. :rolleyes:

And anyway, maybe the TV-show-you-supposedly-saw-on-Food-Network was talking about ducks, which is understandable.

Mmmmmm... Peking Duck or roast duck...

Posted Image

Posted Image

*prepares for deadpan dead cat comments*

Edited by empowah

Dammit, now I want dim sum again!!

boooo empowah you suck

*prepares for deadpan dead cat comments*

You mean inane dead cat comments? It can't be deadpan if it isn't funny on some adult level. Edited by Croc

Nope, my parents aren't related, yes, you clearly did mean Chinese people are inbred...and no, you can't use the excuse of deadpan humor because 1) you don't even know what it is and claimed earlier that I was making it up, and 2) there are certain things you just don't say, even if you were attempting to deadpan. :rolleyes:

your such a loser....gawd

your such a loser....gawd

That comment is generally considered to be a personal attack. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if a mod comes by to tell you to stop fighting and namecalling. Those kinds of comments should be taken to PM, like mine will be should I choose to continue this (I'm not).

sorry if i hurt your precious feelings andyour the one that got all uptight and started arguing in the first place...:rolleyes:

I'm still pissed that they eat cats, can you can't say I'm lying cuz if you need a link I'll supply it <_<

BTW croc...it was kinda funny, stupid, but worth a chuckle. lighten up. If you think that was "uncalled for" you've never watched Carlos Mancia :lol: Also.. the word "looser" is hardly a personal attack.

Gotta love them egg rolls though...and the General's Chicken....yum...heart attack city baby!

Edited by Dodgefan

I'm still pissed that they eat cats, can you can't say I'm lying cuz if you need a link I'll supply it <_<

No, I believe you, but if you said that you saw it on the Food Network, I'd call BS and question why you'd start the entire thread. The whole "I was watching Food Network..." deal sounds like an excuse to bring up something on your mind.

No, I believe you, but if you said that you saw it on the Food Network, I'd call BS and question why you'd start the entire thread. The whole "I was watching Food Network..." deal sounds like an excuse to bring up something on your mind.

Oh yeah, I agree there, food network wouldn't show that.

BTW croc...it was kinda funny, stupid, but worth a chuckle. lighten up. If you think that was "uncalled for" you've never watched Carlos Mancia :lol: Also.. the word "looser" is hardly a personal attack.

No, I don't watch him because that stuff isn't funny. I bet you chuckle when someone cracks a fried chicken and watermelon "joke," don't you? Or a stingy Jew "joke"? No, that stuff isn't funny; it's stupid and offensive, and I'm going to call anyone out when he/she posts racist &#036;h&#33; like that. This is 2006...shouldn't that stuff be dead?

Oh, and yea, "loser" technically counts as a personal attack...if the mods wanted to, they could warn him for that. Trust me...I wasn't offended in the least. My self esteem doesn't exactly depend on a 12-year-old's opinion of me :rolleyes:

Now how about some Peking Duck...?

Edited by Croc

No, I don't watch him because that stuff isn't funny.  I bet you chuckle when someone cracks a fried chicken and watermelon "joke," don't you?  Or a stingy Jew "joke"?  No, that stuff isn't funny; it's stupid and offensive, and I'm going to call anyone out when he/she posts racist &#036;h&#33; like that.  This is 2006...shouldn't that stuff be dead?

Oh, and yea, "loser" technically counts as a personal attack...if the mods wanted to, they could warn him for that.  Trust me...I wasn't offended in the least.  My self esteem doesn't exactly depend on a 12-year-old's opinion of me :rolleyes:

friend chicken and watermelon? wtf?

If you take the stuff he says seriously than sure, you've got a problem and will find it offense. but since the guy makes fun of himself just as much as everyone else, he's picking on everyone. that's the problem with so many people in this world. they need a sense of humor and stop taking everything so seriously. (right BV with that hood prop? :P )

Can I have that duck later? I already ate XD

Edited by Dodgefan

friend chicken and watermelon? wtf?

If you take the stuff he says seriously than sure, you've got a problem and will find it offense. but since the guy makes fun of himself just as much as everyone else, he's picking on everyone. that's the problem with so many people in this world. they need a sense of humor and stop taking everything so seriously. (right BV with that hood prop? :P )

People can be so sensitive... everybody takes things too seriously. Especially minor things... or even the cold, hard truth. Those are people who can't laugh at themselves. If you can't do that, you are most likely one of the ones who get offended easily. That means they have no sense of humor, what so ever, even if they think they do. So... yes, you are absolutely correct. Carlos Mencia is hilarious. :D

People can be so sensitive... everybody takes things too seriously. Especially minor things... or even the cold, hard truth. Those are people who can't laugh at themselves. If you can't do that, you are most likely one of the ones who get offended easily. That means they have no sense of humor, what so ever, even if they think they do. So... yes, you are absolutely correct. Carlos Mencia is hilarious. :D

Not to :deadhorse: but it's ok to make fun of yourself...you just need to be careful about making fun of others. Racist jokes aren't cool, unless you're making fun of your own race...and even then it can get old quickly.

I can most definitely laugh at myself...do it allllllll the time...but laughing at oneself is completely different than laughing at a racist joke when you're the target...that's just insulting. For example...BV...when the homophobic assholes at your HS make fag jokes and comments, do you sit there and laugh your butt off? Doubt it.

Look, I don't expect any of y'all to understand the difference. I really don't. Go ahead and be rude and offensive, but don't be surprised for it to come back and bite you in the butt one day.

Not to :deadhorse: but it's ok to make fun of yourself...you just need to be careful about making fun of others.  Racist jokes aren't cool, unless you're making fun of your own race...and even then it can get old quickly.

I can most definitely laugh at myself...do it allllllll the time...but laughing at oneself is completely different than laughing at a racist joke when you're the target...that's just insulting.  For example...BV...when the homophobic assholes at your HS make fag jokes and comments, do you sit there and laugh your butt off?  Doubt it.

Look, I don't expect any of y'all to understand the difference.  I really don't.  Go ahead and be rude and offensive, but don't be surprised for it to come back and bite you in the butt one day.

It's not necesarily making fun of others, though... It's merely making fun of stereotypes. That's what Mencia does. If you watch it and pay attention, you'd notice that. He's not being racist, sexist, or anything like that. He and people like those homophobic assholes are different. One I can laugh at and one, I'm just offended by. There are differences. And again, some people just aren't open minded enough to do understand it. Also, this isn't directed at anyone and isn't justifying Charger's comment. Blame this on Dodgefan inspiring me to share my views... :D

It's not necesarily making fun of others, though... It's merely making fun of stereotypes. That's what Mencia does. If you watch it and pay attention, you'd notice that. He's not being racist, sexist, or anything like that. He and people like those homophobic assholes are different. One I can laugh at and one, I'm just offended by. There are differences. And again, some people just aren't open minded enough to do understand it. Also, this isn't directed at anyone and isn't justifying Charger's comment. Blame this on Dodgefan inspiring me to share my views... :D

Yea, the difference is that the homophobic assholes direct it to you. Seriously, if you want to make fun of stereotypes between your close friends, that's fine. Because your close friends know you. They KNOW you're not racist/homophobic/whatever. But other people don't know you, and that's why it's wise to use discretion about when such joking is appropriate and when it is not. On a message board, it really isn't, though Charger wasn't even making fun of stereotypes...just contributing to them.

No, I don't watch him because that stuff isn't funny.  I bet you chuckle when someone cracks a fried chicken and watermelon "joke," don't you?  Or a stingy Jew "joke"?  No, that stuff isn't funny; it's stupid and offensive, and I'm going to call anyone out when he/she posts racist &#036;h&#33; like that.  This is 2006...shouldn't that stuff be dead?

Oh, and yea, "loser" technically counts as a personal attack...if the mods wanted to, they could warn him for that.  Trust me...I wasn't offended in the least.  My self esteem doesn't exactly depend on a 12-year-old's opinion of me :rolleyes:

croc youre retarded!...whoops did i say that? you werent offnded by it but yet you insist it was a "personal attack"...so basically you just wanted to get me warned out of spite....but yet you dont care what a 12 year old thinks..but youll get him out of spite? :lol::lol: , you are seriously one funny guy croc...haha

croc youre retarded!...whoops did i say that? you werent offnded by it but yet you insist it was a "personal attack"...so basically you just wanted to get me warned out of spite....but yet you dont care what a 12 year old thinks..but youll get him out of spite?  :lol:  :lol: , you are seriously one funny guy croc...haha

What are you talking about? I didn't get you warned! If you were warned, that would be due to your own actions. Just because it counts as a personal attack on these boards doesn't mean it affected me in any way :lol: I was being nice by reminding you that comments such as that count as personal attacks...so you shouldn't be making them. I didn't even report your post.

That's really funny that you got warned, though, good job :thumbsup:

Ill be the adult and quit. (until later when somebody sais something i just have to respond too))

Edited by Charger4U

Look, I don't expect any of y'all to understand the difference.  I really don't.

This is kind of offensive- Don't you care about anyones feelings...?

besides your own...

Chinese Pigeon - 1 excellent pigeon, for dining onion shreds mashed garlic ginger shreds gourmet powder salt sugar powdered licorice root ginger powder ... Soak the pigeon in hot water for a while, then depilate it, remove the intestines, and clean ...

Everything is offensive on some level, you know?

On Mencia, Chappelle, and all the other "racial" comedians out there: Sometimes they get tiresome and annoying, but fairly often, they weave a lot of social commentary into their acts, so I tend to like them. I'm not sure how many other people appreciate that about them, though.

Yea, the difference is that the homophobic assholes direct it to you.  Seriously, if you want to make fun of stereotypes between your close friends, that's fine.  Because your close friends know you.  They KNOW you're not racist/homophobic/whatever.  But other people don't know you, and that's why it's wise to use discretion about when such joking is appropriate and when it is not.  On a message board, it really isn't, though Charger wasn't even making fun of stereotypes...just contributing to them.

Uh... not quite. I always laugh at stuff directed at me. I can laugh at gay jokes, white jokes, redneck jokes (as much as I hate them, I can't say confidently that I'm not one... haha), etc.. Again, this is all about being able to laugh at oneself and being overly sensitive and easily offended. People like this have no sense of humor. These are the type of people who don't like people like Carlos Mencia. These are people like the Gay activist group(s) that got offended by Dodge's Caliber commercial. These people take things too seriously.

And again, Mencia isn't making fun of certain races or people or certain sexes or sexuality... He's merely making fun of the stereotype people have. It's not certain ones either, he makes fun of stereotypes of everybody, including himself. There isn't joke he's made that I haven't laughed at...

Uh... not quite. I always laugh at stuff directed at me. I can laugh at gay jokes, white jokes, redneck jokes (as much as I hate them, I can't say confidently that I'm not one... haha), etc..

Except you've definitely posted on here numerous times about how the homophobes at your school get you down. You shouldn't laugh at those anyway, because those comments aren't made in the spirit of good-natured ribbing.

Except you've definitely posted on here numerous times about how the homophobes at your school get you down.  You shouldn't laugh at those anyway, because those comments aren't made in the spirit of good-natured ribbing.

There are major differences, as I've said. I don't expect you to understand the difference. I really don't. :P

There are major differences, as I've said. I don't expect you to understand the difference. I really don't. :P

Nope, I don't. If it isn't good-natured ribbing, it isn't nice and therefore isn't funny.

Nope, I don't.  If it isn't good-natured ribbing, it isn't nice and therefore isn't funny.

I hope you never drive a hybrid because you, George Clooney's acceptance speech at the Oscars, and the hybrid might create a destructive smug storm that might span half the country. By any chance, do you like the smell of your own farts? <_<

On Mencia, Chappelle, and all the other "racial" comedians out there:  Sometimes they get tiresome and annoying, but fairly often, they weave a lot of social commentary into their acts, so I tend to like them.  I'm not sure how many other people appreciate that about them, though.

half of those comdeians listed make fun of there own race, dave chapelle has refered to Blacks as "wide nosed niggas" mayn times..and hes black! and Mencia refers to him self and other hispanics as wetbacks! but i geuss we shouldnt liten to them according to croc....btw you remind me of michael moore....

I hope you never drive a hybrid because you, George Clooney's acceptance speech at the Oscars, and the hybrid might create a destructive smug storm that might span half the country.  By any chance, do you like the smell of your own farts? <_<

Hmmm...not really. And no, I'd never drive a hybrid vehicle...too environmentally irresponsible. If I switch away from a gas engine, it will be to diesel/biodiesel.

I thought Clooney's acceptance speach was one of the best of the night 8)

half of those comdeians listed make fun of there own race, dave chapelle has refered to Blacks as "wide nosed niggas" mayn times..and hes black! and Mencia refers to him self and other hispanics as wetbacks! but i geuss we shouldnt liten to them according to croc....btw you remind me of michael moore....

They're making fun of themselves...that's why it's less unacceptable for them to do what they do. That's my entire point. I do agree with Enzora, though...they can get tiresome quickly.

Posted Image

Yea, you're definitely Chinese :rolleyes:

you sterortyping S.O.B, are u saying i have to be somewhat darkskined to be chinese or are u saying that all chinese cant be somewhat white? im am deeply offnded by that, infact im reporting you.

Why do you say that with sarcasm, Croc?  Tell us why Chicken's not Chinese.

at least someone believes that im chinese... :lol:

Why do you say that with sarcasm, Croc?  Tell us why Chicken's not Chinese.

First of all, it's impossible to prove a negative. Charger could prove that he's Chinese, which I'd be very interested to see, but it is impossible for me to prove he isn't.

Why am I certain he is not? Well, if he were he wouldn't have waited until the bottom of page 2 of the thread to proclaim that he is. Also, he would have said "I'm Chinese" and not "Well I'm Chinese then."

Furthermore, Charger lacks any phenotypical indicators of an Asian heritage. In fact, he looks pretty European to me.

Of course, all of this is completely immaterial due to the fact that he is an American citizen, living in Deadwood, South Dakota. That makes him American, not Chinese.

Any further questions?

you sterortyping S.O.B, are u saying i have to be somewhat darkskined to be chinese or  are u saying that all chinese cant be somewhat white? im am deeply offnded by that, infact im reporting you.

Go ahead and pretend to be offended and report me for...well, I don't know why...but it still doesn't make you Chinese.

This thread is easily the most retarded thing in the entire history of the internet.

For real. I have the easiest final ever tomorrow and I just can't bring myself to study...my motivation is nonexistant. The only way I'll get studying is if this thread gets locked soon lol...

For real.  I have the easiest final ever tomorrow and I just can't bring myself to study...my motivation is nonexistant.  The only way I'll get studying is if this thread gets locked soon lol...

Same... my Bio AP is tomorrow, and I can't get myself to study. It's too late, I guess?

Same... my Bio AP is tomorrow, and I can't get myself to study. It's too late, I guess?

Yea...I mean I know I need to study...but not much. The professor gave the questions in advance, and told us which readings/posted Powerpoint slides they are found in. I don't even have to study it all, as a couple friends in the class and I have divided the questions up...I just have no motivation...