Okay, Please Explain This To Me...

Guest YellowJacket894

hehehe... "phenotypical indicators"... such an expensive choice of words.

Yea, that's what I get for taking Biology II: Biotechnology my senior year of HS...wonderful class...but I know allllll the (useless information) technical jargon for genetics and CSI-style testing...like those will ever come in handy one day for me...lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have any finals until next week, tomorrow is going to be spent driving across the state and hanging out in St. Louis.  Again, this thread=dumbass.

Lucky! I just have one tomorrow from 11-1pm, then my last one on Tuesday, same time. Then it's time to roadtrip to San Antonio!! w00t!!

Then I looked up some Chinese chick's boobs and I see the resemblance.

Just rancid. :lol:

Seriously, though, I LOVE racial humor. I grew in a less-edgy, more tolerant LA and we all grew up making fun of each other...in a non-hateful way. Idiosyncracies pertaining to certain groups are fairly accurate or people wouldn't pick up on them. You would hate my once-a-month quartet lunch crowd. A male architect from Montana State, a female architect from U Nebraska, a male drafter from Alaska and I go to our favorite pizza joint and do ethnic impersonations on the way to the place, while we eat and while we drive back and laugh until we cry. It's good stuff if it's not hateful. We are the only ones in the firm that do this ... so we have no choice but to hang out together when we are in this mood.

Edited by trinacriabob

Meh, stereotypes just aren't as funny once you do a little research into their origins and the effects that they've had over the years.

Spoken like a true sociology major (that's your path at UNC, right?).

I guess I am only looking at the fun days of being a teenager in So. Cal. Some of the stories are better than most sitcoms. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The final moral is: are you a teenage girl not allowed onto myspace?

Sorry, I'm slightly cocky tonight.

That was a stupid comment. In fact, out of all the posts on this thread so far that was probably the most retarded one yet, of course you may top it with a future post. How do you even get teenage girl and myspace?

That was a stupid comment. In fact, out of all the posts on this thread so far that was probably the most retarded one yet, of course you may top it with a future post. How do you even get teenage girl and myspace?

d0 u g3t w@t 1 m3@n?

That's what is refered to as leet speak. You know, what gamers tend to use. not teenage girls. It was used mainly to demonstrait I don't give a $h! if you think the grammer is off.

Edited by Dodgefan

That's what is refered to as leet speak. You know, what gamers tend to use. not teenage girls. It was used mainly to demonstrait I don't give a $h! if you think the grammer is off.

Grammar*

:P Dude, take a chill pill. I'm kidding. I don't give a $h! how you or others speak on the board! lol

Spoken like a true sociology major (that's your path at UNC, right?). 

Yup. And psychology. I love trying to figure out what makes people tick.

the moral of the story is that charger's comment was stupid, and croc needs to lighten up.

also, i refer everyone to this skit from Carlos. Tis be funny http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=1173

Haha, that's pretty good.

Croc is light.  In his loafers. :yes:

:dance:

I love trying to figure out what makes people tick. 

I do that every waking minute of my life. And, majoring in architecture, I spent every waking minute trying to figure out why most of my classmates were such arrogant jerks! :lol:

Well... if we're still on the topic of pigeons...

There are pigeons that are specifically bred for food. Not just going around catching wild random ones, nor endangered ones. It's just like the French eating snails. Difference in culture.

Speaking of which... I haven't had them for a long time. I love roasted baby pigeons... The meat's really tender and juicy.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Well... if we're still on the topic of pigeons...

There are pigeons that are specifically bred for food. Not just going around catching wild random ones, nor endangered ones. It's just like the French eating snails. Difference in culture.

Speaking of which... I haven't had them for along time. I love roasted baby pigeons for a while... The meat's really tender and juicy.

there's a bunch of big, fat pigeons at the university if you're hankerin' for a snack :P

Isn't minced squab (sp) a delicacy in Mandarin cuisine?  Or are you Cantonese?

Technically Shanghaiese. My father is from Shanghai and mom from Canton. But I'm born in Hong Kong, so I'm more on the Canton side.

And yes, there is a dish with minced pigeon meat. It's usually stir fried with minced vegetables and fried vermicelli noodles (to make it crunchy). Usually eaten wrapped in a leaf of iceberg lettuce.

EDIT: Damn... this is the third time I had to edit for grammar and spelling... too much work report writing :P

Edited by ToniCipriani

Yeah, I compared them to Charger's in the one pic he showed.

Then I looked up some Chinese chick's boobs and I see the resemblance.

lmao, :lol: , and NOS chill out and let this thread die outs own.

Geezus, everyone just chill. :chillpill:

Besides, Charger was just f#cking around, relax.

Thsi is no place to be super-duper-P.C. It was a

joke, move on.

also just so evryone knows i replyed to this thread with that comment before YJ edited his post puttin Chinese people rather then people.

Ooooooookay, think you could've mentioned that at the beginning of the thread? Not only to save us from a 5-page discussion of race relations, but also for the sake of your own dignity.

In joking around, what defines "racist" or "super duper PC" is pretty arbitrary, as we've all seen here. But remember this as a general rule of thumb: If it offends me, it's probably racist. If it doesn't, then anyone who gets upset needs to loosen up. :AH-HA_wink:

Meh, stereotypes just aren't as funny once you do a little research into their origins and the effects that they've had over the years.

Exactly. Psychologist Enzora = Voice of Reason

Croc is light.  In his loafers. :yes:

Oh look, ocnblu is "projecting"...again :rolleyes:

What's next? Will I be so deeply closeted I'm terrified to tell my parents, who more than likely know at this point anyways? Am I going to be the Loneliest Man in the World? Will I look to the Academy for personal validation, and then throw a hissy fit and blame an "anti-gay" conspiracy when Brokeback doesn't win Best Picture, even though it's won so many other awards including Best Director? :blink:

Puh-f@#king-lease. :lol:

I love how you resort to name-calling like a little child...it's just sooooooooooo mature :rolleyes:

I haven't engaged in any out-and-out name-calling???

Not in reference to insults, just the silly comment Charger made that spurred this thread. We're not even talking about pigeons anymore (not that anyone really was after the first couple posts). Personally...i wanna burger now...

Not in reference to insults, just the silly comment Charger made that spurred this thread. We're not even talking about pigeons anymore (not that anyone really was after the first couple posts). Personally...i wanna burger now...

oooooooooo IN-N-OUT sounds really good right now!!!

Stace: I see you've been reading this mess of a thread for a looooooong time. Hats off to you for being able to stomach this all in one sitting 8)

Edited by Croc

Ooooooookay, think you could've mentioned that at the beginning of the thread?  Not only to save us from a 5-page discussion of race relations, but also for the sake of your own dignity. 

In joking around, what defines "racist" or "super duper PC" is pretty arbitrary, as we've all seen here.  But remember this as a general rule of thumb:  If it offends me, it's probably racist.  If it doesn't, then anyone who gets upset needs to loosen up.   :AH-HA_wink:

i was gonna mention but it was more fun watching croc's posts! i was messin around, evrybody was! just loosen up.. and if your conmplaining about this dont post in this thread or dont look at it.

Edited by Charger4U