Wings4Life(BANNED)

F-150 EARNS HIGHEST TRUCK SCORE EVER AS FORD TRUCKS SWEEP AUTOPACIFIC 2015 VEHICLE SATISFACTION AWARDS

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia-mobile/fna/us/en/news/2015/07/08/ford-f-150-earns-highest-truck-score-ever-as-ford-trucks-sweep-a.html

DEARBORN, Mich., July 8, 2015 – The most satisfied owners of full-size pickups chose Ford trucks, according to the automotive researchers and consultants at AutoPacific. The all-new Ford F-150 – the toughest, smartest, most capable F-150 ever – and the Ford F-Series Super Duty have swept the firm’s 2015 Vehicle Satisfaction Awards.

The 2015 Ford F-150 – with best-in-class towing, payload and EPA-estimated gasoline fuel economy, along with the government’s top five-star crash test rating for every cab configuration – won the Vehicle Satisfaction Award for light-duty pickups with the second-highest owner score ever recorded by AutoPacific and the highest rating ever for a truck.

Ford F-Series Super Duty – with best-in-class diesel horsepower and standard torque – won the Vehicle Satisfaction Award for heavy-duty pickups, giving Ford a clean sweep in both truck classes measured by AutoPacific.

AutoPacific’s Vehicle Satisfaction Awards objectively measure owner satisfaction with 50 separate attributes ranging from fuel economy and performance to interior comfort and styling.

“The Vehicle Satisfaction Awards look at the big picture, including owners’ experiences with overall quality and safety,” said George Peterson, president of AutoPacific, “but it goes deeper than that. We also take into account the heart of the ownership experience to determine those vehicles that are extremely satisfying to their owners.”

• Downvote 3

From autopacific site:

TUSTIN, Calif. (July 8, 2015) – AutoPacific today announced its 19th annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSAs), identifying the most satisfying vehicles on the market. An industry benchmark for measuring how satisfied an owner is with his/her new vehicle, VSAs are based on survey responses from over 66,000 owners of new 2015 model year cars and light trucks.

“2015 represents a year of diversity,” says George Peterson, president of AutoPacific. “Competition is fierce and no one automaker dominates the results.” The 2015 winners are spread across nearly every manufacturer, with wins by 9 out of 11 automakers. General Motors receives the most wins with 5, followed by Kia and Nissan, with 4 and 3 wins, respectively. Honda, Toyota, FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobile), Volkswagen and Ford follow with 2 wins each. Volvo, Mercedes-Benz and Hyundai each take home 1 win.

“For the 2015 model year, there are 274 models and 33 brands from which to choose a new vehicle,” says Peterson. “It can be daunting for consumers to sort through all of those options and try to predict which one will work best for them in the long run. AutoPacific VSAs help to give them a strong starting point.”

The average VSA score for 2015 is 25-points higher than in 2014 confirming products and customer handling are improving markedly. The brands with the greatest year-over-year improvements are Jaguar – improving eleven positions; Volkswagen – improving ten positions; Ford – improving nine positions.

http://vehiclevoice.com/2015/07/08/autopacific-2015-vehicle-satisfaction-awards/

• Downvote 3

AND thanks to the multi-brand strategy they've sold 75,000 more of them so far this year...

Lookit-good on AutoPacific and Ford for this award. Really. But it's just one award, and the fact that the link is sourced directly from Ford indicates that it is more of an "inside baseball" type thing than, say, Motor Trend's TOTY. Besides, who cares how good your truck is if you're not able to build them in the first place?

Edited by El Kabong
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-SilveradoHD-Silv

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: YUMMY   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Ya know.. The more and more I look at the Colorado I'm liking it less and less. I wish they would have adapted the muscular front end of the other two trucks(pictured). I understand why they did what they did(assumin fuel economy) but the other two(just looking at the bumper to hood area) look so much more masculine and tough. The Canyon kind of fixes some of that though with their much more squared off headlights.

Okay, back on topic!

It is always good to hear that the customers are happy with whatever they are buying. Too many of us are so picky(and rightfully so when spending 30-60k on a depreciating asset) and we always find flaws to complain about or CEL/MILs going off or recalls just causing hassel..So a satisfied American customer buying an American vehicle(whatever the brand) is always a good thing to hear for all of us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ya know.. The more and more I look at the Colorado I'm liking it less and less. I wish they would have adapted the muscular front end of the other two trucks(pictured). I understand why they did what they did(assumin fuel economy) but the other two(just looking at the bumper to hood area) look so much more masculine and tough. The Canyon kind of fixes some of that though with their much more squared off headlights.

Then stop looking at it... cause your eyesight is going if U don't see the beauty of that truck. Even more to the point.. have U seen one on the road? It does "manly" well.. and that's not opinion.. that's FACT :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Then stop looking at it... cause your eyesight is going if U don't see the beauty of that truck. Even more to the point.. have U seen one on the road? It does "manly" well.. and that's not opinion.. that's FACT :thumbsup:

lol I've seen plenty on the road. It isn't bad by any means. It just looks so much softer than it's elder siblings which have the broad shoulders and stern face. The canyon does manly much better in my opinion.

I'm not saying it is a bad truck in any way. I just wish it would have carried down some of its looks from its siblings. Like the stacked headlights, a read bumper tha kind of hides the plasticy aero bits that stand out a lot more on the Colorado than Silverado, squared off grill(not the conventional "U" shaped grill almost every vehicle has nowadays). Even the second windows are a little soft looking compared to the big brothers. I with they were larger and more squared off..like the Silverado.The Canyon kind of does everything I with the Colorado did. It has the large square GM truck grill, square headlights. The bumper situation is probably the exact same but it looks better on the Canyon, to me.

Sorry, who is this ccrap41 guy?  ;)

Haha sorry man, I know they are fantastic trucks! I just wish the Colorado looked more like a baby Silverado kind of how the Canyon looks more like a baby Sierra..just my opinion though.

Kudos to Ford. Unlike GM, they chose to innovate when they redesigned their half ton trucks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well you know what they say.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Kudos to Ford. Unlike GM, they chose to innovate when they redesigned their half ton trucks.

If by innovate, you mean "hey our trucks need to lose near a half ton of weight so lets try aluminum", then yes great innovation there. Otherwise, it's just great marketing hype by Ford once again, as doled out by one their employees here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well you know what they say. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Lol ..That's the worst modo when it comes to technology and leading the way. That's how you get behind.

Edited by ccap41
  • Upvote 2

Lol ..That's the worst modo when it comes to technology and leading the way. That's how you get behind.

Actually it applies in this case. Ford had a weight problem and fixed it which was the only true "innovation" in the new F-150. GM did not need to lose 700lbs. thus not needing to fix what wasn't broken. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, who is this ccrap41 guy?  ;)

Haha sorry man, I know they are fantastic trucks! I just wish the Colorado looked more like a baby Silverado kind of how the Canyon looks more like a baby Sierra..just my opinion though.

I can respect wanting the family consistent style language. Bet someone in the 3rd party aftermarket molds a new front clip to allow people to change to match the family. It would be interesting. But then I always felt Chevy was more feminine than GMC. I like the GMC over Chevy. :D

Actually it applies in this case. Ford had a weight problem and fixed it which was the only true "innovation" in the new F-150. GM did not need to lose 700lbs. thus not needing to fix what wasn't broken. 

True they had a weight problem but I think took the wrong way to fix it. They had so many other options to move parts of the truck, engine, transmission etc to better lighter weight designs. They took an easy way out by going to a modular replacement method which increases the repair costs.

If by innovate, you mean "hey our trucks need to lose near a half ton of weight so lets try aluminum", then yes great innovation there. Otherwise, it's just great marketing hype by Ford once again, as doled out by one their employees here.

Why yes, a 700 lb. weight loss is a pretty big deal, which nets improved fuel economy, has the benefit of superior corrosion resistance, while having increased towing and payload capacities. Couple that with a variety of technological features and powertrain options, and you have a truck that actually brings new things to the table.

GM played it safe when they redesigned their trucks, which while competent do nothing to move the segment forward. Meanwhile Ford has done a lot with the new F-150 while the current generation Ram introduced coil spring rear suspension, useful bed and floor storage, segment first 8-speed transmissions, and the big one: the first half ton to offer a diesel engine.

There's another side to this coin - Ford didn't win any other category and GM's wins were the Colorado, the Lambda's and the Tahoe. What ought to be concerning for both brands is this:

The Kia K900 – Kia’s range topping luxury car – set an all time high and wins AutoPacific’s President’s Award. This award is given only when the overall score tops the previous high score. Interestingly, the all-new aluminum bodied Ford F-150 would have won this award if the Kia was not in the running. 

Ruh-roh.

With 5 winning vehicles, including the top ranking Kia K900, Korean manufacturers Kia and Hyundai come out on top in combined average score, taking over the position previously held by European manufacturers. “Kia and Hyundai are continually improving owner satisfaction in key areas like reliability and quality, yet are also hitting the mark with safety, braking, handling, styling and seat comfort, not to mention a very satisfying warranty program,” explains Peterson.

A KIA just took top honours in the luxury category... Yes, it's one survey but Hyundai/KIA are at the top of the markets that count: Midsize Sedan and Compact Crossover. No Ford Edge or Escape, no Chevy Impala or Cadillac CTS.

• Upvote 1

Why yes, a 700 lb. weight loss is a pretty big deal, which nets improved fuel economy, has the benefit of superior corrosion resistance, while having increased towing and payload capacities. Couple that with a variety of technological features and powertrain options, and you have a truck that actually brings new things to the table.

GM played it safe when they redesigned their trucks, which while competent do nothing to move the segment forward. Meanwhile Ford has done a lot with the new F-150 while the current generation Ram introduced coil spring rear suspension, useful bed and floor storage, segment first 8-speed transmissions, and the big one: the first half ton to offer a diesel engine.

All this is well and good. But the fact remains that there is a huge gap betweening doing something and doing something well. In Ford's case, their reinventing the wheel has NOT significantly raised the bar on real-world FE, interior space, performance, or capabilities. C/D showed this quite clearly in their last pickup comparo. Most importantly for such a costly program, it has not resulted in increased sales for Dearborn.

Contrast this with folks like myself who are buying EcoDiesel Rams because of real-world FE benefits and GM gaining huge market share by successfully expanding into a smaller segment.

All this is well and good. But the fact remains that there is a huge gap betweening doing something and doing something well. In Ford's case, their reinventing the wheel has NOT significantly raised the bar on real-world FE, interior space, performance, or capabilities. C/D showed this quite clearly in their last pickup comparo. Most importantly for such a costly program, it has not resulted in increased sales for Dearborn.

Contrast this with folks like myself who are buying EcoDiesel Rams because of real-world FE benefits and GM gaining huge market share by successfully expanding into a smaller segment.

You mean the comparison it won?

Also, GM didn't expand into the segment, its been there. The big innovation is that they bothered to redesign the Colorado.

Ford and Ram aren't perfect, but they have been working to move the segment forward, while one of GM's "innovations" big enough to make the 2014 press release was inlaid doors, and only 10 years late to the party!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Haha on the Dodge "innovations", re:  half ton diesel and coil spring rear suspension... here's a '78 C-10 half ton with diesel power, and a mid-60's Chevy C-10 with coil spring rear.

post-37-0-32159100-1436699279_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-43063700-1436699295_thumb.jpg

Just to be clear:  I work at a Hyundai/Mazda dealership.  The Hyundais are in the shop all the time for various things, up to and including engine failure.  So while they may be cute, they are not ready to play in the big leagues.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As far as performance and fuel economy and how useful a truck is. Every single vehicle on the roads today should lose weight. To think 4-5000lb vehicle is just fine and sitting on your hands as the competition is at least doing something(I realize you're one that thinks ford is the stupidest ever for losing only 'x' pounds so they only weight 'x' pounds less than the GMs now) but every single vehicle could stand to lose weight in the name of everything that a vehicle does. Improved acceleration without adding power(adding power costs fuel). Reduced braking distance, reduced brake wear, suspension wear, entire driveline wear, can both tow more(trucks) and have a higher loading capacity(all vehicles). The vehicle can be geared taller because it doesn't need as much energy(hp/tq) to do the same thing therefor increasing fuel economy. There is absolutely no reason any automotive engineer should be content with with the weight of their vehicles(I understand that costs money).

So no. It isn't relevant. The GM twins should lose 5-700lbs themselves. Then at least you guys will have something to really talk crap about on the f150.

• Upvote 2

As far as performance and fuel economy and how useful a truck is. Every single vehicle on the roads today should lose weight. To think 4-5000lb vehicle is just fine and sitting on your hands as the competition is at least doing something(I realize you're one that thinks ford is the stupidest ever for losing only 'x' pounds so they only weight 'x' pounds less than the GMs now) but every single vehicle could stand to lose weight in the name of everything that a vehicle does. Improved acceleration without adding power(adding power costs fuel). Reduced braking distance, reduced brake wear, suspension wear, entire driveline wear, can both tow more(trucks) and have a higher loading capacity(all vehicles). The vehicle can be geared taller because it doesn't need as much energy(hp/tq) to do the same thing therefor increasing fuel economy. There is absolutely no reason any automotive engineer should be content with with the weight of their vehicles(I understand that costs money).

So no. It isn't relevant. The GM twins should lose 5-700lbs themselves. Then at least you guys will have something to really talk crap about on the f150.

Why are you assuming my stance here? you say " I realize you're one that thinks ford is the stupidest ever for losing only 'x' pounds so they only weight 'x' pounds less than the GMs now". Show where I have ever said or even implied that Ford is the "stupidest ever". You won't because you can't so you can just drop that ccap. I just don't see the big hype of Ford's weight loss when losing all that weight barely got them under the competition. What were they doing before that? Just slapping lead fill inside the truck. Why was it so heavy in the first place? Sorry that I don't buy the hype there but you need to stop assuming what my thoughts are on the matter next time. BTW, if GM loses up to 700 lbs., Ford is toast. Terrible metric to use and why my comparison is 100% relevant in the first place. Good lord. Thought I was responding to a Ford employee for a second. :banghead:

Oh and many publications have made similar gripes about the F-150 hype so it is not just GM people (of which I am not btw) "talking crap" about it. 

Edited by surreal1272

Why are you assuming my stance here? you say " I realize you're one that thinks ford is the stupidest ever for losing only 'x' pounds so they only weight 'x' pounds less than the GMs now". Show where I have ever said or even implied that Ford is the "stupidest ever". You won't because you can't so you can just drop that ccap. I just don't see the big hype of Ford's weight loss when losing all that weight barely got them under the competition. What were they doing before that? Just slapping lead fill inside the truck. Why was it so heavy in the first place? Sorry that I don't buy the hype there but you need to stop assuming what my thoughts are on the matter next time. BTW, if GM loses up to 700 lbs., Ford is toast. Terrible metric to use and why my comparison is 100% relevant in the first place. Good lord. Thought I was responding to a Ford employee for a second. :banghead:

Oh and many publications have made similar gripes about the F-150 hype so it is not just GM people (of which I am not btw) "talking crap" about it. 

First, I thought it was sarcastic enough saying "stupidest ever". Apparently..not..

And I've seen what side of the fence you're on in the f150/Silverado/Ram debacle so it isn't assuming...

That's my point though is that GM shouldn't be of the mindset of "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" they SHOULD be trying to match Fords weight loss and toast them. Don't try and just "kind of" be ahead. Take a risk and a step like Ford and smoke the competition. Because as of now all three are fantastic trucks(and none of them will digress). But if they did that with their engine lineup and the 10spd they'd trounce the competition in every performance metric including fuel economy. With what we all love in V8s.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just to be clear:  I work at a Hyundai/Mazda dealership.  The Hyundais are in the shop all the time for various things, up to and including engine failure.  So while they may be cute, they are not ready to play in the big leagues.

I live near a GM dealership. Chevy's are in the shop all the time for various things, up to and including people dying from ignition switch defects. They're not ready for the car business. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook