Chevrolet News:Debut: 2016 Chevrolet Silverado

Two years from Chevrolet's introduction of the latest-generation Silverado, the company has unveiled the facelifted 2016 model.

The big change is up front where Chevrolet designers transformed the clip. A new body-color strip across the middle of the grille is paired with new headlights. Higher trim models such as the Z71 get dual strands of LEDs. There is also new bumper and hood. At this time, we don't know what lower-tier models look like or even the rest of the truck.

There is some good news as Chevrolet says the 8-speed automatic transmission will be expanded, but no mention as to what engines. The 5.3L V8 is a likely model. Also coming is a new version of Chevrolet's MyLink infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto integration.

The 2016 Silverado is expected to arrive in this fall.

Source: Chevrolet

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71. Available fall of 2015.

Press Release is on Page 2

2016 Silverado: The New Face of Strong

• Bolder, more sculpted look reflects Silverado strength, dependability
  • Available support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
  • Expanded use of 8-speed transmissions; additional safety technologies

DETROIT – Chevy Trucks are on a roll, with Chevrolet pickup sales up 32 percent so far this year. Chevrolet intends to strengthen this momentum with significant updates for the 2016 Silverado 1500 full-size pickup.

“The redesigned 2016 Silverado will build on Chevy Trucks’ legacy of dependability. It will feature a more muscular appearance and offer new customer-focused technologies,” said Sandor Piszar, marketing director for Chevy Trucks.

“New front end designs with bold horizontal elements, sculpted hoods and dramatic lighting reflect the strength and refinement that have helped make Silverado the fastest growing full-size pickup brand this year.”

Other changes for 2016 will include expanded use of 8-speed automatic transmissions, updated Chevy MyLink with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and additional safety technologies.

The redesign of the 2016 Silverado 1500 is part of an aggressive strategy to build on Chevy Trucks’ momentum.

Since the introduction of the all-new Silverado 1500 in the spring of 2013, Silverado sales have grown by double digits, on a percentage basis, each year. Through June of this year, Silverado sales are up 14.6 percent. Chevrolet also sold 41,575 midsize Colorados during the same period.

More product details will be available this fall, closer to the public debut of the redesigned 2016 Silverado 1500.

View full article

It's a cost-cutting move.  The chrome costs more than the plastic and paint on the new nose.

Ford has its distinct chrome grille and Dodge has its distinct chrome grille which makes their trucks be trucks.

This new front end makes the Silverado no different than a Malibu.

This nose sends the signal that was lost on the old grill that this truck is all new. It is more modern looking and matches well with the Colorado. It also give the truck a new look unlike the last one that made it look like a simple update.

We have a 2015 Z71 and I like this better.

Cost savings is a non factor here as the chrome on all these trucks are cheap plastic chrome not unlike what you would find in a Monogram model kit. It gets dinged up by rocks and you can not repair it unlike the painted grills.

Not crazy on the LED but that is the trend so I understand.

I have tired of the mini Kenworth grills on all these trucks. I hope this new deal of a new nose every two years continues as that is about how it used to be and it really makes the trucks evolve more.

I have always favored the GMC for less chrome but this one really has hit me well.

This truck deserved its own face as it is much more advanced than many have given it credit. Since we got the Z71 I am still impressed with the ride alone as it is stiffer and much better riding and handling than the old 09.

Yeah...I like it better than what it was before.
A million times better.

One thing that bothers me like no other is the LED lights above and below the Chevy logo crossbar. I think its overkill with 2 sets of LEDs. The ones on the headlights would have been enough in my opinion.

Love that colour.
I bet that colour would look hot on a Corvette and a Camaro.  

Ew, it is uglier.

I like the look but just like what you did to your truck, it needs to dump that butt ugly black plastic with chrome hump bit thing at the bottom of the bumper.