William Maley

Ford News: 2016 Ford F-150 Limited Goes All Fancy

The big thing in pickup trucks at the moment is luxury models. Chevrolet has the Silverado High Country while the Denali has been part of GMC for quite awhile. Ram has quite the variety of luxury pickups with the Laramie Longhorn and Limited. Ford also has a range of luxury trucks from the Lariat to the Platinum. But the blue oval decided that wasn't enough and has introduced the 2016 F-150 Limited.

Ford bills the F-150 Limited as the "the most advanced, luxurious F-150 ever." Ford has thrown everything and the kitchen sink in terms of standard equipment. All Limited models get heated and cooled Mojave leather front seats with "multicontour massaging," fiddleback eucalyptus inserts, heated rear seats, SYNC 3 with AppLink, 10-speaker Sony sound system, 360-degree camera system, adaptive cruise control, active park assist, a remote tailgate release, and a laser-engraved VIN plate with production number on the center console lid.

The exterior gets a set of 22-inch wheels, a satin chrome finish on a number of exterior pieces such as the grille and door handles; and Limited written across the hood. Power will come from a 3.5L EcoBoost turbo V6 with 365 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque. There will be choice of either two or four-wheel drive.

Pricing hasn't been announced, but sales are to begin this winter.

Why is Ford doing this? It comes down to sales and profit. Ford said 60 percent of F-Series sales were made up of 'high-series trims' - Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum. This has seen the average transaction price of the F-Series grow 9 percent to $44,100 compared to a year ago.

“There’s a lot of people who buy trucks as both a work tool and a status symbol. You have a lot of wealthy businesspeople who have the money to buy an extremely capable and extremely luxurious truck. It’s not any financial stretch for these people to spend 50 or 70 grand,” said Karl Brauer, senior director of insights for Kelley Blue Book to Automotive News.

2016 Ford F-150 Limited
Album: 2016 Ford F-150 Limited
9 images
0 comments

Source: Ford, Automotive News (Subscription Required)

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article
  • Upvote 1

Not a bad looking truck but for a top of the line with only a V6 costing 70K dollars, the interior looks Plasticy and not impressive. Give me a real luxury truck like what Cadillac had as the EXT. That was a nice Luxury truck. This is a Ford with Lipstick and a terrible plastic face job inside.

Pass as I think there are better trucks than this for the money.

• Upvote 1

I bought a Laramie Limited. The Platinum is nice enough, but yeah-if I'm getting a V6 at this price level it better be frickin' magic.

And this one isn't, sadly. Mine, on the other hand, is.

Edited by El Kabong
  • Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook