William Maley

Dodge News: Dodge Doubles Production of 2016 Charger and Challenger Hellcats

The Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcat has been a large success since going into production for the 2015 model year. The factory hasn't been able to keep up with the demand, so they had to put on hold on orders and increase the production of the Hellcat engines. That wasn't enough, so Dodge has announced they will be doubling production for the 2016 models.

There is a downside to this announcement. Anyone who has a 2015 Challenger or Charger Hellcat on order may find out it has been cancelled. Dodge says they will finish building vehicles that are scheduled, while the remaining orders will be cancelled. Now Dodge is offering those whose order has been cancelled the chance to get 2016 models at 2015 prices.

Not changing is how many Hellcats every dealer will get. Allocation will be decided by how many Dodge models are sold and how long the Hellcats stay on their lots.

Source: Dodge

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

That totally Rocks On for the HellCat Owners! :metal:

Will these include exploding gas tanks & the death wobble front end?

The V8 lives!  I am not a Charger or Challenger fan, but I am glad they selling more than they thought they would.  We need more people demanding performance cars, and less people buying dopey Camrys.

• Upvote 2

Dodge should make a Roscoe P. Coltrane edition of the Hellcat.

Since confederate flags are voodoo for now, why not go with the Rosco image.

all white with gold sheriff decals on the font and rear fenders with the Hazzard Country decal on the door (minus the star for obvious reasons).

dog dish center cap type hubs on black rims close the deal. The supercharged whine would also compliment the squad car image.

We aren't talking about Ford panthers here......

Considering those cars don't use any components affected by those recalls, no, but who needs intelligent, informed comments on the internet when we get gems like this, right?

Considering those cars don't use any components affected by those recalls, no, but who needs intelligent, informed comments on the internet when we get gems like this, right?

Blanket statements only work when third parties supply the wool and knitting needles. Make one out of your own material and it's just fluff.

Blanket statements keep me warm on dark and stormy Montreal winter nights.

*SIGH*

That is why I cant own one of these....either in Charger or Challenger guise. 

The dark and stormy winter night part is kinda of a kill joy for a person that only has a budget for a daily driver...so one has to choose wisely for one.

I soooooo want a Challenger Hellcat.

What I dont get, is how in the heck did my dad do it?

He drove a 1970 Pontiac GTO when I was born...

I guess Im not half the man my dad was... :cry:

I wouldn't say that, necessarily. Today's GTO equivalent is probably something along the lines of a Chevy SS or Challenger R/T. If you told your dad back in the day that you were sad you couldn't match him because you couldn't buy a 707hp Godzillamobile his head would have exploded.

I wouldn't say that, necessarily. Today's GTO equivalent is probably something along the lines of a Chevy SS or Challenger R/T. If you told your dad back in the day that you were sad you couldn't match him because you couldn't buy a 707hp Godzillamobile his head would have exploded.

I think his head would have exploded just on the thought of a mainstream car having 707 HP.

I agree on the comparison though. 

I had rented a 2005 300C a decade ago and he took it for a spin...he had a smile from ear to ear. He told me that he hadnt felt a rush like that since his GTO.

I fell in love with that Hemi as well...We took a small trip to Lake George, NY with it  and Ive wanted a Hemi ever since. 

I was considering it for a purchase, hence the rental part, it was a way to test drive it...I ended up with a W-Body Chevy Impala SS instead. Because of the stupid snow...

AWD you say?

NAH...not for me...either FWD, or RWD...but never AWD.

ok...so Im a liar...I traded in my Impala for an Acura TL........SH-AWD.

Only because I buy the top of the line trims and I wanted the 3.7 liter 305 horsey V6...