Wings4Life(BANNED)

Possible Leak Maybe Reveals Focus RS Price of $35,730

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/leaked-configurator-maybe-reveals-2016-ford-focus-rs-pr-1720764092

We know almost everything about the upcoming 2016 Ford Focus RS, except the price. According to what looks like a Ford configurator website still in QA testing that is very different than what is found on Ford.com, the hottest of Focus hatches will have a starting price of $35,730. A fully loaded car will set you back $42,275.

421d1424889004-2016-focus-rs-color-optio

The added functionality of 4 doors, a hatch and 4 season AWD is a compelling reason for many to choose this over other sporty vehicles.  The fact that it is probably a blast to drive is nice too.

It's gonna destroy the market.

I really wish Ford had found a way to make the 3 step paint process that was used for the Ford Performance Debut vehicles viable for production. It's a spectacular colour that I think everyone would tick the option box for. I would, even if it was a $2000 option, I'd get it everytime, all the time; all day, every day.

• Upvote 1

^

Yom Kippur?

What is that?

Anyways, yes the Focus RS will be a hoot and will be among a company of few. If Ford can rally the crowds with this, and use its fairly large U.S. dealer ship network; you could potentially see one of this fine gems in neighborhood near you.

Edited by Suaviloquent
  • Upvote 2

So a Fusion ST would be the 7th of 12 total Ford Performance vehicles coming.  I expect (although don't know) a F-150 Lightening equivalent coming as well.  So what is left I wonder.

a-peek-at-ford-motor-company-upcoming-pe

• Upvote 2

Nice looking pictures of their performance series. :)

Wings, for years you and AoN have been claiming that a Fusion ST has been coming. I'm still waiting even for a mule. 

Back on topic, if this thing handles like a raw, bat$h!-crazy animal, then it will be well worth it. 

Edited by Thed

So a Fusion ST would be the 7th of 12 total Ford Performance vehicles coming.  I expect (although don't know) a F-150 Lightening equivalent coming as well.  So what is left I wonder.

a-peek-at-ford-motor-company-upcoming-pe

I assume they'll have to dip into their SUV linup. Edge ST? Escape ST? I mean they already have the 2.0..just tuned back some and in an automatic.

Guest wings4life

Wings, for years you and AoN have been claiming that a Fusion ST has been coming. I'm still waiting even for a mule. 

Back on topic, if this thing handles like a raw, bat$h!-crazy animal, then it will be well worth it. 

Well, technically, if it does, then we were right :thumbsup:

But seriously, Fusion could never fit a D35 GTDI, and thus they had to await the Nano family, as well as align it to model changeover that is coming next year.  So it makes sense, the rumor that is.

Yup,  but they had to await the nano engine that fits, and of course a model changeover, which is next year.

Well, the engine itself has zero to do with the transmission.  It's the application that dictates.  But yeah, in a mid sized family car like Fusion, paddle shifting would be more probable.  But 8 or 9 gears automatically shifted would be a significant upgrade to 6 manual shifts.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook