hyperv6

0-60 3.7 seconds

1/4 mile 11.7 seconds

201.8 MPH Top Speed

1G

$84.995 base price

4145 pounds.

14 city 21 highway

Better performance numbers and dynamics than M and AMG.

I am sure we will hear about the dash and cue but the rest of the car is dialed in. Johan now has the money to fix the details and I expect to see that by 2017.

Aug 3 the media will release these numbers.

Bring on the comparison tests.  There is a new E63 next fall, and the 5-series is redone in 2017 I think, so I wonder if the magazines will run their comparo's next year.  The current E63 is 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, but that is a heavy car.  It'll be interesting to see how much weight they get out, and what they do with the 4.0 V8, since they have a 5.5 liter V8 in there now. 

It's not about the outright numbers as much as how well I know for sure Cadillac has sweated the details for this sedan to be a scalpel on the track.

It's light for its class, a well sorted automatic performance transmission (finally from an American brand); and it didn't compromise on the focus of being the best all rounder. 

And I love the styling of the V. And the pricing is so competitive. I mean it has to be, for the moment; but Cadillac is not afraid to take risks. It's the sense of urgency that I can admire. It's a bona fide Corvette sedan while being a Z/28 ultimate track monster; wrapped in a luxurious and technology where it makes sense package. 

The numbers are legit as I was able to get a early lead copy of a well known publication.

They loved the car and it appears to be the whole package. The weight was criticized. and the down shifts they wish were just a little faster but they were termed fast enough. It shifted up faster than they could and the car was as stable as could be expected.

I expect in an comparison the car will be right there and will take the normal small hits for Cue and a few other tidbit issues.

No question it will be in the mix. Now Johan can fix the nitpicks and move the car from one in the mix to one in the lead.

Cadillac is in the game for sure.

I search used listings for V6 CTS Sport Wagons. I'd totally make the trade out of my Malibu at the right pri

My Magnum has given seven great years and my wife would kill me if I traded it for another car, but there is nothing that says I can't just park a Caddy wagon right next to it. About like this.

cadillac_cts_v_wagon_front_side_view_by_

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

FYI my numbers were from Autoweek since they are now released.

If you want a wagon you only need to find about 8,000 more people willing to buy one. I expect when they go back to Europe we will some kind of wagon again.

FYI my numbers were from Autoweek since they are now released.

If you want a wagon you only need to find about 8,000 more people willing to buy one. I expect when they go back to Europe we will some kind of wagon again.

Oh it's just a pipe dream for sure because American tastes are so fickle that the word "wagon" just scares their vanity even though a CUV is nothing more than a taller and uglier wagon. One can always dream though.

One problem I have with this car...its the back end.

I hate that rear spoiler lip thingy. If I was buying a CTS-V...Id try to get a rear spoiler delete...I wouldnt even want a credit....if fact...Id probably pay Cadillac to remove it.

If not...Id definitely rip it off.

*SIGH*

The more I think about it, the more I go nuts.

Just one thing to say...I wished Oldsmobile was still alive just because this car would make a kick ass Oldsmobile Cutlass 442.  And THAT is what I keep on thinking about. I know it was for the best that Oldsmobile went away....its just that this 2016 Cadillac CTS-V is nothing but a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 W-30 in spirit. Im more of an Olds guy than I am a Cadillac man.

I do love this car though. And I love the fact that this car has the folk at Stuttgart (Mercedes AND Porsche) , Munich (BMW) and Ingolstadt (Audi) on their minds.

I love the fact that Cadillac left  Motown...because...(I ove Detroit...but...)

Cadillac was just a reflection of what life used to be...

And went to New York...

because...

Cadillac needed to be in a New York state of mind.

In a New York Groove.

Because in a New York minute, it could make you, or break you.

You know what they say. If you could make it there,you could make it anywhere...NEW YORK NEW YORK.

Its the home of Superman...AND Batman....and the Ghostbusters for crying out loud.

The home of the 5 families of La Cosa Nostra.

In other words...

Those Germans are screwed...

Edited by oldshurst442

I hate that rear spoiler lip thingy. If I was buying a CTS-V...Id try to get a rear spoiler delete...I wouldnt even want a credit....if fact...Id probably pay Cadillac to remove it.

The carbon spoiler is part of the aero sport package. Otherwise the spoiler is optional.

2016-cts-v-sedan-exterior-masthead-960x4

And did anyone see the positive feedback on the upgrade CUE in C&D? One less thing for haters to try and detract from this magnificent chariot. Can't wait to drive one.

Yup. Read that too. Cadillac is not resting on any front. It truly is a sport, and luxury, car.

The carbon spoiler is part of the aero sport package. Otherwise the spoiler is optional.

2016-cts-v-sedan-exterior-masthead-960x4

No spoiler for me

Just make it a color matching spoiler because the black definitely look tacked on.