July 2015: Ford Motor Company

hey, I can laugh and admit bias without any problems.

But I also laugh at those who accuse others of bias, when they have a clear one of their own.

Right CP/

And drew, come on, that was hardly a domination.  What is happening now is.

Much like Olds and other posters, I have nothing against Ford (or FCA for that matter), I generally like their products. You just tend to bring out the worst in everyone, not sure how you still can't see that after repeated bans at MT.

Ahhh yes, the ban card is played as a way to ignore my point about hypocrisy.

Wings....its not only a ban from MT Forums...

You cried to the mods once....they up voted my down votes...

You cried to the mods twice...they fixed your downvotes a second time...

You cried to the mods thrice...they removed th downvote system...

I found this hilarous actually. I went on vacation and came back and I thought my phone just was being a dick. Come to find out that it had to be turned off?!?! That's today's society.. Gotta make everybody happy because one person unhappy...

• Agree 1

The fact that I own vehicles from several manufacturers kind of nips your opinion right in the bud.

I mostly talk about Ford.

I can't help that you have issues with that.

It doesn't nip my opinion in the bud, it just casts the weirdest f@#king light on your forum attitude. Your Ford shilling is undeniable, EVERYONE sees it. I don't care if you drive a Dodge Caravan and love it to pieces in real life, what you post online for everyone to see is some of the most egomaniacal trolling I've ever encountered.

*Drops Mic*

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

But I also laugh at those who accuse others of bias, when they have a clear one of their own.

Right CP/

Much like Olds and other posters, I have nothing against Ford (or FCA for that matter), I generally like their products. You just tend to bring out the worst in everyone, not sure how you still can't see that after repeated bans at MT.

I found this hilarous actually. I went on vacation and came back and I thought my phone just was being a dick. Come to find out that it had to be turned off?!?! That's today's society.. Gotta make everybody happy because one person unhappy...

I turned it off because I was going on vacation myself and wanted to stop the misuse of the voting system.  I just wanted to have a relaxing vacation.

I turned it off because I was going on vacation myself and wanted to stop the misuse of the voting system.  I just wanted to have a relaxing vacation.

Understandable, So where'd you go for vacation??

Boulder Colorado.

Boulder Colorado.

Awesome! I've never been to Colorado but I've always wanted to go there. It just looks so damn pretty.

Oh yeah, F150 sales.. Up for the month over month.. down for the year. I'm not worried that they will be up by the end of the year.

Edited by ccap41

Boulder Colorado.

Awesome! I've never been to Colorado but I've always wanted to go there. It just looks so damn pretty.

i'll put up an album of pictures in a day or so.

Right CP/

Pretty sure I directly responded to your passive-aggressive dig implying I'm somehow on your level of insane bias when I said I generally like Ford products. I'm friends with a number of Ford guys online and off. My lead guitar player is a Ford guy with a brand new Escape 1.6EB, we talk cars all the time. Somehow it never devolves into fanboyism like you bring to the table.

The fact that I own vehicles from several manufacturers kind of nips your opinion right in the bud.

No...you mostly brand shill for Ford...

Correction....you only talk about 2 brands outta the hundreds that exist in the world.

1, You brand shill for Ford with lies and innuendo

2. You trash GM with lies and innuendo

Had you given us YOUR GENUINE OPINION on Ford and your GENUINE OPINIONS on why you dislike GM....then that would be cool...instead...we get trolling behavior from you...hence your banning from A FEW WEB SITES...

Yes...very understandable indeed...

However...the misuse of the system constitutes of Wings crying to you about the downvoting...

In other words...

Wings is whining to you...like all the time...for his crappy reputation....to which he actually deserves...hence the downvotes he gets...

Sure...not all his posts and threads are bad and crappy....some of it is quite informative...

OK...for every good thread and post he makes....he has 3 crappy ones...

3 to 1 ratio.

So....who cares even if his good posts get downvoted?

He is a man-child...

Most of his posts are crap.

He gets what he deserves...

There are plenty of Aesop fables one could use here...

Ill use the famous "cry wolf" one...

His crying wolf is two fold...

When and if he ceases to be such a troll....his reputation will slowly improve negating his need to defend himself so often...

And there will be no need to cry wolf to you either.

Continue having a fab vacation.

And Im sorry If Im causing you a headache as we speak.

Its just that I like to speak my mind and give you my opinion on things.

My opinion may be far from reality too, but its how I view things...

And...correct me if you need to and guide me through my imperfections.

I mean that sincerely.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

olds,

Feeling the love, as usual.

But aside from me being the most horrible person in the world for talking up Ford too much, any thoughts on the subject matter?

It doesn't nip my opinion in the bud, it just casts the weirdest f@#king light on your forum attitude. Your Ford shilling is undeniable, EVERYONE sees it. I don't care if you drive a Dodge Caravan and love it to pieces in real life, what you post online for everyone to see is some of the most egomaniacal trolling I've ever encountered.

Again...another +1 vote for CP from me.

Removed my remarks. 

Can we talk about cars and business instead of people.

This would be a -1 downvote from me...

Why?

Again with the self pity...the victim mentality...the crying and the whining...

And...its because you....have done that to yourself...

I as in OLDSHURST, El K, CP, CCAP all have said pretty much the same thing to you....JUST IN THIS THREAD ALONE!!!

Is it because WE ALL HAVE A PROBLEM but not you?

Go eff yourself Wings!!!

Really...you are 50 effin' years old doing this schtick over and over and over again...

You have a history with EL K...so we ignore that...we will give you the benefit of the doubt...

I can have a potty mouth and could take things too far...so we could ignore my issues with you...

But that leaves 2 other posters....JUST IN THIS THREAD...

Much like your reputation down voting scandal...

Yeah...its everybody else but you...

GROW UP and start DISCUSSING CARS like a 50 year old...your teenaged years, and mine, are LOOOOOOONG GONE!!!

However...the misuse of the system constitutes of Wings crying to you about the downvoting...

In other words...

Sure...not all his posts and threads are bad and crappy....some of it is quite informative...

3 to 1 ratio.

He is a man-child...

I mean that sincerely.

I always tried to be honest with those. I never abused it just because I was grumpy with somebody. Now if said person is a fanboy and irrational or hypocritical of their own posts..  If somebody spewed of fanboyism (that's about it really because "fanboyism" kind of covers it).. -1.  Good, thought out explanation or opinion on any topic at all(even i I don't agree but it's a legitimate thought out post)..+1

Edited by ccap41

I am talking cars, following the mods rules, and I am the problem.

Got it.

Topic please....

You troll

you shill

you whine when you get called up on it...

A mod even had to state publicly that he wanted to have a peace of mind while on vacation

because you have whined about your reputation...

Advertisement

Wings4Life Member Since 27 May 2015

Online Last Active Today, 02:03 PM

star.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.pngstar_off.png
Community Stats

• Group Members
  • Active Posts 559
  • Profile Views 1,209
  • Member Title GXP Member
  • Age Age Unknown
  • Birthday Birthday Unknown

-104 Bad

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Which speaks VOLUMES on how much of a problem you really are...
And that is just at Cheers and Gears....we wont even talk about your bannings elsewhere...

CONTINUE TO PLAY THE VICTIM...dont change....continue trolling, shilling and whining...
Edited by oldshurst442

In other words...

Wings is whining to you...like all the time...for his crappy reputation....to which he actually deserves...hence the downvotes he gets...

3 to 1 ratio.

He is a man-child...

When and if he ceases to be such a troll....his reputation will slowly improve negating his need to defend himself so often...

I mean that sincerely.

Actually, a couple people from both sides complained to me about the down-voting.  And both sides are guilty of retaliatory down voting even though I repeatedly asked for it to stop. 

I can see the voting trends and there are lots of guilty parties.  People have been downvoting posts by Wings that are purely informative and should not be down voted.  He has (equally childishly IMHO) gone through with retaliatory voting... which gets him more retaliation votes back.  

I asked all sides to stop.... they didn't... I turned off down voting so I could go on vacation and not worry.

On the voting issue.... all of ya'll are bratty 2-year olds..... not just one.

THANX CCAP...

Wings....there is a message Im giving you...if you read my posts...

But you would rather not...why?

Because THAT is not why you are here for...

YOU are in the business of trolling...THAT is what motivates you...

You have a great plan in succeeding...

You play the victim card to the mods and admins...

I see right through you...

Yes...why dont we get back on topic...

Which is what Wings?

1. To brand shill Ford products?

2. To bash GM products when things dont quite fit the PR fluff from Ford?

3. To play the victim card?

Pick one of the three above and Ill gladly play your game...

In other words...

3 to 1 ratio.

He is a man-child...

I mean that sincerely.

Actually, a couple people from both sides complained to me about the down-voting.  And both sides are guilty of retaliatory down voting even though I repeatedly asked for it to stop. 

I can see the voting trends and there are lots of guilty parties.  People have been downvoting posts by Wings that are purely informative and should not be down voted.  He has (equally childishly IMHO) gone through with retaliatory voting... which gets him more retaliation votes back.  

I asked all sides to stop.... they didn't... I turned off down voting so I could go on vacation and not worry.

On the voting issue.... all of ya'll are bratty 2-year olds..... not just one.

I agree..that I behave like a bratty 2 year old...

Can the 50 year old man-child named Wings admit that he is a child delinquent bratty 2 year old?

Or is he gonna continue to whine and cry to you about his down votes?

Is he gonna continue to play the victim card?

Is he gonna try behave like a "better person" by handing out backhanded insults?

You know Drew...I have ALWAYS shot from the hip...never do I have hidden agendas...I speak my mind...and tell it how t is...and if that makes me a bratty 2 year old...so be it...but at least everybody knows how I feel and why I post the way I do...potty mouth and bratty 2 year old style included...

Now...about Wings...

DO as you wish with him...

But I find it quite amusing when a 50 year old KNOWN TROLL is worried about a reputation....a reputation he truly deserves...and he THRIVES on being a troll...

I find it amusing that his whining about a crappy reputation is being lumped up with me...because I am only reaching down to HIS level when I post to gim...and down vote him....but IM THE ONE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN HE IS...the thing is...HE IS A KNOWN TROLL....YET I CANT DOWN VOTE HIS CRAP...BECAUSE HE HAS WHINED TO YOU ONE TOO MANY TIMES...

That is cool and all Drew...I respect that...but...Im really not the 2 year old brat you should be worrying about...

Edited by oldshurst442

olds,

But aside from me being the most horrible person in the world for talking up Ford too much, any thoughts on the subject matter?

No. Mostly we're dwelling on the fact you're an ass right now.

You guys are really making this place worse than MT.  :banghead:

It just gets to the point where you voluntarily burn your bridges and walk away from places. I've done it twice now, but the problem keeps stalking me.

olds,

No. Mostly we're dwelling on the fact you're an ass right now.

You guys are really making this place worse than MT.  :banghead:

It just gets to the point where you voluntarily burn your bridges and walk away from places. I've done it twice now, but the problem keeps stalking me.

Like this here Drew...

I missed his post...but El Kabong DIRECTLY quoted him....then I gots to see it...

He doesnt get the message...

I wonder if he gets to see your "knock off the trolling" message you gave him in the GM sales thread...

Besides...EVERYBODY TELLS HIM the SAME BLOODY THING....including YOU, Drew...which is to STOP TROLLING....yet he PLAYS THE VICTIM CARD and IGNORES HIS OWN EFFIN' TROLLING!!!

Edited by oldshurst442

Like this here Drew...

I missed his post...but El Kabong DIRECTLY quoted him....then I gots to see it...

I wonder if he gets to see your "knock off the trolling" message you gave him in the GM sales thread...

Besides...EVERYBODY TELLS HIM the SAME BLOODY THING....including YOU, Drew...which is to STOP TROLLING....yet he PLAYS THE VICTIM CARD and IGNORES HIS OWN EFFIN' TROLLING!!!

I'm not afraid to use the warning system. He's gotten his verbal warning. Where we go from there is up to him.

• Agree 2

Like this here Drew...

I'm not afraid to use the warning system. He's gotten his verbal warning. Where we go from there is up to him.

Thanx Drew...

And for being patient with me also.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
Ford Fusion Sales Jump More Than 100 Percent Since 2005 Launch

DEARBORN, Mich., – Since its 2013 model year redesign, the widely acclaimed Ford Fusion has not only brought sexy back to the midsize sedan segment, it’s also brought back sales.

2015 marks 10 years since launch of Ford’s then all-new midsize sedan, and three years since Fusion’s radical redesign that reset expectations for aggressive styling in a historically staid segment of family vehicles.

Long dominated by Japanese offerings, Ford Fusion has been chipping away at sales and market share in the midsize sedan segment – largely on the strength of its styling.

In 2012, the last model year for the first-generation model, Ford sold 241,263 Fusions compared with Honda’s 331,872 Accords. Through June 2015, that gap closed considerably – Ford selling 178,263 Fusions to Honda’s 190,242 Accords.

“Fusion is achieving growth in all the right places, especially in California, the largest midsize sedan market in the country, followed by Texas,” said Erich Merkle, Ford sales analyst. “Since its introduction, Fusion – in style-conscious California – has grown at almost six times the rate of the overall segment.”

Fusion sales almost tripled in California since launch, while the midsize sedan segment grew 29 percent. 

Texas is the next largest contributor to Fusion sales growth. There, the car’s sales have increased at twice the rate of the overall segment – representing 14 percent of Fusion retail sales growth in the United States based on registration data.

In its short life, Fusion has accumulated multiple awards, including Motor Trend 2010 Car of the Year, J.D. Power and Associates Most Dependable Midsize Car and Best Car for the Money in the 2012 U.S. News and World Report, among many others.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

By no means a perfect vehicle, but easily the best mid size sedan from a volume brand I have ever owned or driven.

I am on my 2nd currently with the 2.0L GTDI and AWD.  I think where Ford gets it right, is it's balance of style, roominess and driving dynamics.  It just steers and drives so nice, with the right amount of firmness and handling. 

Now, I suspect that Ford will be presenting some Fusion news soon, hence the reason for this little sales tidbit.  Seems to be their M.O. where they shine a spotlight on a certain product several weeks before some bigger news. 

So what is the next big auto show coming up?

By no means a perfect vehicle, but easily the best mid size sedan from a volume brand I have ever owned or driven.

I am on my 2nd currently with the 2.0L GTDI and AWD.  I think where Ford gets it right, is it's balance of style, roominess and driving dynamics.  It just steers and drives so nice, with the right amount of firmness and handling. 

Now, I suspect that Ford will be presenting some Fusion news soon, hence the reason for this little sales tidbit.  Seems to be their M.O. where they shine a spotlight on a certain product several weeks before some bigger news. 

My mom has a '12 Fusion and loves it. 2.5L engine, FWD(I don't think AWD was even available then with the smaller engine). I REALLY like the '13+ Fusions. I wish my parents would have held out for them but her Grand Prix was starting to run up the maintenance bills quicker than they liked so it was about time.

What kind of mileage do you get out of that with the 2.0 and AWD? I would have to believe ~3-4mpg better than I get in my Escape with the 2.0 and AWD.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

When gas is cheap like it is, I honestly don't care and I am all about that turbo boost.  So if I were to look right now on my display, it probably says 23.1mpg avg.  I have seen it over 30mpg instant avg on trips.  I drive with a heavy foot, and about 65% highway, but I am always 5-10mph over too. So let's say fuel goes up to about $4-5$/gal, I would drive calm and probably avg about 24-25mpg.

But I loooove that booooost!!!

Oh, and I had a Fusion Sport AWD with the 3.5L engine before this one. Previous Fusion never felt very strong until approaching highway speeds, and then it probably felt a bit faster, but close regardless.  The trick with a turbo automatic, is to spool up the turbo with a little brake torque at launch.  For an everyday driver, it's all about 0-55 for me.  Who cares past that. 

My mom has a '12 Fusion and loves it. 2.5L engine, FWD(I don't think AWD was even available then with the smaller engine). I REALLY like the '13+ Fusions. I wish my parents would have held out for them but her Grand Prix was starting to run up the maintenance bills quicker than they liked so it was about time.

What kind of mileage do you get out of that with the 2.0 and AWD? I would have to believe ~3-4mpg better than I get in my Escape with the 2.0 and AWD.

I prefer the 2010-12 body style Fusion. I thought the Malibu LTZ 3.6L and Fusion Sport 3.5L were really great unsung American cars. They drove as well as any sporty Japanese FWD and looked great doing it, just too bad they didn't offer manual transmissions. Fusion Sports still catch my eye when I spot one.

I prefer the 2010-12 body style Fusion. I thought the Malibu LTZ 3.6L and Fusion Sport 3.5L were really great unsung American cars. They drove as well as any sporty Japanese FWD and looked great doing it, just too bad they didn't offer manual transmissions. Fusion Sports still catch my eye when I spot one.

They catch my eye too. I saw one just yesterday, ugly color.. it was that half red, half maroon, half pink(yes. three halves.   :fryingpan: ).

Funny "story". When I was selling my Mach 1 I had some guy offer to trade me his Fusion Sport AWD straight up for my Mach 1. Monetarily, it was pretty fair actually. I just didn't want the hassel of trying to sell that and then being another owner on the title decreases value.. Just wasn't worth the work, imo.  I think it also had just a little more miles on it than i wanted to buy with.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Having put many miles on both, I can easily say that the previous gen Fusion was in no way a better car than new one. 

Even the interior was a stark contrast:

2015%2BFord%2BFusion%2BTitanium%2BBrick%

017_fusion2010garage.jpg

The Fusion is probably one of the best handlers in the segment (that being, FWD-midsize-maintream car).  It feels waaay more solid than the Hyundai/Kia twins which look good on paper, but deflate once you get seat time and scratch the surface.   It's less boring than the CamCord though the Honda probably has the smoothest powertrain setups.  The Passat is big and solid like an old Benz, but there is an aire of cheapness about the interior that one cannot shake even if optioning up to the upper models, still it has the option of the TDi which is the only way I would buy that car.

MFT/Sync is still the worst system in the industry.... I look forward to trying the new and improved version, though the bar is set very low to be considered "improved".  That, however, is not a fault of the Fusion but of Ford as a whole.

Ford did good with this one.

They catch my eye too. I saw one just yesterday, ugly color.. it was that half red, half maroon, half pink(yes. three halves.   :fryingpan: ).

Funny "story". When I was selling my Mach 1 I had some guy offer to trade me his Fusion Sport AWD straight up for my Mach 1. Monetarily, it was pretty fair actually. I just didn't want the hassel of trying to sell that and then being another owner on the title decreases value.. Just wasn't worth the work, imo.  I think it also had just a little more miles on it than i wanted to buy with.

Hahaha you just described the red jewel tintcoat on my Malibu. I'll just assume it looks worse on the Ford for some reason. :D

I'd forgo the passive AWD.  FWD is lighter and more nimble.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

I have had many MFT’s, so I have learned to work around their short comings.  I use my steering controls for all my radio/phone functions.  My HVAC is automatic, so all I have to ever do is punch up/down a degree or two.  And I don’t have Nav now, but when I did, it worked perfectly.  I don’t get all this frustration, partly because I just avoid it.  If you are new to it, perhaps.  But honestly, it rarely surprises me, but then again, I am not forever playing with a screen display either.  And who says you should anyway?  But that said, Sync 3 is far better, or so they say.

But honestly, who would avoid buying a car because of Sync or CUE.  That’s pretty silly.  

I have had many MFT’s, so I have learned to work around their short comings.  I use my steering controls for all my radio/phone functions.  My HVAC is automatic, so all I have to ever do is punch up/down a degree or two.  And I don’t have Nav now, but when I did, it worked perfectly.  I don’t get all this frustration, partly because I just avoid it.  If you are new to it, perhaps.  But honestly, it rarely surprises me, but then again, I am not forever playing with a screen display either.  And who says you should anyway?  But that said, Sync 3 is far better, or so they say.

But honestly, who would avoid buying a car because of Sync or CUE.  That’s pretty silly.  

I avoid Sync even at the rental car counter, so I would certainly avoid it when purchasing a car.  With CUE there is a lag on the buttons, but thing generally work the first time you get a successful "press", and I dislike the capacities touch controls, but most things work properly.  It recognizes my speech. It doesn't work perfectly, but it does work.

MFT never, not once, recognized my voice commands the entire time I had the last Ford. It would get my commands hilariously wrong. The lag is terrible, the UI and UX are both terrible.  When the system gets "busy" doing something, even the hardware buttons display lag.

The best system out there at the moment is still the larger uConnect system. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the really top end systems, but everything just seems to operate smoothly and as expected.  And sadly, in terms of car infotainment systems, "meets expectations" is about the highest rating available at the moment.

• Agree 2

I avoid Sync even at the rental car counter, so I would certainly avoid it when purchasing a car.  With CUE there is a lag on the buttons, but thing generally work the first time you get a successful "press", and I dislike the capacities touch controls, but most things work properly.  It recognizes my speech. It doesn't work perfectly, but it does work.

MFT never, not once, recognized my voice commands the entire time I had the last Ford. It would get my commands hilariously wrong. The lag is terrible, the UI and UX are both terrible.  When the system gets "busy" doing something, even the hardware buttons display lag.

The best system out there at the moment is still the larger uConnect system. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the really top end systems, but everything just seems to operate smoothly and as expected.  And sadly, in terms of car infotainment systems, "meets expectations" is about the highest rating available at the moment.

I've never encountered your frustrations.. The only time I ever even have to touch the screen is to change audio inputs. Otherwise my temp controls have physical buttons and the phone has buttons on the steering wheel. There is lag, I won't deny that. But I do'nt mind or even notice it when I'm in motion. I don't have time to stare at a screen anyway, I'm driving. But if I were parked and messing with things, it would be quite frustrating indeed.

I've only used the voice recognition ting a handful of times but it's gotten what I've said the first time. Granted, I talk to it like it's a foreigner who needs crisp english to understand what I'm saying. lol

Oh, I don't have nav in mine. That could make a difference. If I was trying to use a nav and it was a pain in the ass I would be super frustrated.

Hahaha you just described the red jewel tintcoat on my Malibu. I'll just assume it looks worse on the Ford for some reason. :D

Hahahaha oopsies.. Sorry.. not my cup-a-tea color..

I think the Ford has a little more of a pink to it.

I know nothing about the AWD system in those Fusions. I'd have to read up on it before making a decision. I know 99% of the time I wouldn't be utilizing it anyway so I'd probabl just rock the FWD in it.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

regarding voice commands and infotainment, does anyone really use them other than as a novelty? 

Buttons are pretty quick afteral.

I know nothing about the AWD system in those Fusions. I'd have to read up on it before making a decision. I know 99% of the time I wouldn't be utilizing it anyway so I'd probabl just rock the FWD in it.

Yeah, it's not a dig at Ford's AWD. I just don't see the point of anything less than a torque vectoring system unless you get a lot of snow or live up a dirt road. People equate AWD with performance and 9 times out of 10 that's wrong, or they assume they're getting real 4WD and think they're invincible in bad conditions.

Yeah, it's not a dig at Ford's AWD. I just don't see the point of anything less than a torque vectoring system unless you get a lot of snow or live up a dirt road. People equate AWD with performance and 9 times out of 10 that's wrong, or they assume they're getting real 4WD and think they're invincible in bad conditions.

People also think tires don't matter if you have AWD/4WD. The Escape forum I'm on people say how bad the AWD is on the Escape when really the OEM tires aren't made for snow. They're an "all-season" but definitely leaning towards the summer and rainy months not the snowy ones. I had a lot of tread on my tires last winter and they felt quite sketchy at low speeds when we got snow. Sketchier than they should have been for the tread depth they had(7/32nds).

I realize it is for "emerency" situations and not a free reign to drive like a jackass. Most don't realize that though. It REALLY grinds my gears when somebody is riding with me and want me to drive more aggressive or faster when it's raining or snowy/slushy.. Stupid. Ignorant. People.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

AWD is great all year long.

I love the traction it offers in the rain, not just for safety, but sport too.

I can launch my Fusion pretty hard, and even if the pavement were dry, it would spin front tires, had I only FWD. 

And then it rocks Norther winters, no question.

Even the fuel economy hit is minimal.

There is not downside, only up.

Edited by Wings4Life

regarding voice commands and infotainment, does anyone really use them other than as a novelty

Buttons are pretty quick afteral.

I use them all the time.  I have many play lists set up on my iphone with clear and distinct names. On my own Buick, it seems to be able to figure out what I want just fine.  

MFT/Sync wasn't able to tune to the correct XM radio station at all. It's annoying to have to flip through up to 100 channels just to get to what I want, so I usually just say "Tune XM 51".  My Buick gets it, MFT couldn't even come close. 

I travel constantly for work and often get higher end cars with Nav built in. I am often traveling to unfamiliar places, so I need to be able to do address entry. It is much faster to speak the address (when it works) than it is to type through all of the screens to enter one.  My Buick can figure it out most of the time as long as the names are clear.  I've had no luck with the Ford systems. uConnect usually works well. 

Those here who have met me know that I speak very clearly and without any sort accent. 

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

My MFT voice actually works good to, when I use it, which is rare.

Except maybe to call, because it's easier than getting my phone out of my pocket.

But everything else is right at my fingertips, and the voice is often one extra command anyway.