• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Wings4Life(BANNED)

Challenger Hellcat vs 774 hp Hennessey Mustang 30-165 mph Race

Good thing they did not run the 850 plus HP Shelby Super Snake instead.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/shelby-american-says-disappointed-125528067052.html

And mopar fans, before you start disclaiming with price differences, lest you not forget what people are paying for that underperforming HellKitten.

Who would have thought it? A tuner car beats a stock car. It's also not that big of a shock (contrary to the PR being pushed here) that a much lighter Mustang with 67 MORE horsepower would beat the much heavier Hellcat. Having said that, I'll still take the Hellcat. It's much more livable on a day to day basis IMO.

• Upvote 1

Still would have been tuner versus stock with the Shelby.

Calling the Mopar product a HellKitten is also a troll move.

For gawds sakes. You're a half-century old.

Edited by El Kabong
  • Upvote 2

Hellcats are in the 9's now...with very little modding. E85 tune with pulley swap and better rear rubber now. Go figure.

EDIT: Also upgraded drive shaft and hoop.

Edited by TAF
  • Upvote 1

Some cheese with that whine, perhaps.

How about some maturity that you expect of everyone else when they comment?

Again, tuned car beating stock car, big whoop except to certain people who need their egos inflated over basically nothing.

How about you show me the factory Mustang Ford is currently offering that can beat the Hellcat in a race like this.  This has no merit, tuners will modify he Hellcat too, big deal.  hell, you can get a Hellcat to bust this Mustang to pieces with just a few modifications as stated by TAF with considerably less outlay.  Try again.

• Upvote 1

Hellcats are in the 9's now...with very little modding. E85 tune with pulley swap and better rear rubber now. Go figure.

That's just NASTY. What kind of numbers are those that are dipping into the 9s putting down???

Also, for E85 don't you kind of have to swap your entire fuel system because you need to pump a lot more, therefore larger lines..and everything?

How about you show me the factory Mustang Ford is currently offering that can beat the Hellcat in a race like this.  This has no merit, tuners will modify he Hellcat too, big deal.  hell, you can get a Hellcat to bust this Mustang to pieces with just a few modifications as stated by TAF with considerably less outlay.  Try again.

This makes me genuinely curious about the Z/28, ZL1, GT500, and GT350/R. I mean they are all badass cars and considerably lighter.. I have no doubts the Hellcat would win but I'm jus curious where the others would stand. Oh, also the SRT8 Chally.

That's just NASTY. What kind of numbers are those that are dipping into the 9s putting down???

Also, for E85 don't you kind of have to swap your entire fuel system because you need to pump a lot more, therefore larger lines..and everything?

This makes me genuinely curious about the Z/28, ZL1, GT500, and GT350/R. I mean they are all badass cars and considerably lighter.. I have no doubts the Hellcat would win but I'm jus curious where the others would stand. Oh, also the SRT8 Chally.

I honestly think the next ZL1 will be the first serious ponycar compeition to the Hellcats straightline prowess.  I believe I saw it has been caught testing, can't wait to see the specs!

I was having fun with a fun video.

You read far too much into things.

No.

You're a half-century old man who posts like he still has spots.

Edited by El Kabong

I honestly think the next ZL1 will be the first serious ponycar compeition to the Hellcats straightline prowess.  I believe I saw it has been caught testing, can't wait to see the specs!

If it gets a full-on LT4 and wide enough tires I think it could do the job.

The Charger fits this genre just so much better. If you want a badass bruiser of a muscle car, there is no competition. I'd much rather have it over a needlessly overpowered Mustang. That said, the GT350 and Z28 are more to my tastes.

No.

Stop the trolling and insults please.

This is a fun thread about hyper performance muscle car comparisons.

If they neuter it I will be pissed lol. 

Hard to say WHAT they're gonna do. If they give the LT4 to the Camaro group I don't see the Corvette guys giving it up willingly. They will want something back, because 1) the Corvette IS the performance flagship, after all, and 2) politics.

...maybe a wet-sump LT4 for the Camaro is the tradeoff for the Zora getting green-lighted.

Hmmm.

Hard to say WHAT they're gonna do. If they give the LT4 to the Camaro group I don't see the Corvette guys giving it up willingly. They will want something back, because 1) the Corvette IS the performance flagship, after all, and 2) politics.

...maybe a wet-sump LT4 for the Camaro is the tradeoff for the Zora getting green-lighted.

Hmmm.

That could work.  I think the CTS-V getting a full LT4 treatment is a good sign though. 

I have worked with Ford Racing and Shelby American engineers frequently on projects. We work mostly through online meetings, phone calls and emails, etc.  Many of the workers were formerly Ford engineers as well.  SRT is a skunk-works group that happens to be under the same roof in Auburn Hills.  In fact, a few coworkers left Ford in the past and work at SRT and love it.  The point is, it is a collaborative effort for all teams, regardless of central location for either engineering or assembly, to modify existing production vehicles to bring these to life.  These are both fully warranted and are sourced slightly different, yet still little more to the customer than a checked box.  And both are kick arse American muscle classic names, and I love em both and love what they are all about.  But honestly, to discredit one because of where it was sourced is a bit weak.

No.

Would it be as fun if the Mustang had lost?

No.

You tell me.

No.

You tell me.

Quit deflecting because I asked you an honest question.

I have worked with Ford Racing and Shelby American engineers frequently on projects. We work mostly through online meetings, phone calls and emails, etc.  Many of the workers were formerly Ford engineers as well.  SRT is a skunk-works group that happens to be under the same roof in Auburn Hills.  In fact, a few coworkers left Ford in the past and work at SRT and love it.  The point is, it is a collaborative effort for all teams, regardless of central location for either engineering or assembly, to modify existing production vehicles to bring these to life.  These are both fully warranted and are sourced slightly different, yet still little more to the customer than a checked box.  And both are kick arse American muscle classic names, and I love em both and love what they are all about.  But honestly, to discredit one because of where it was sourced is a bit weak.

Good.

...but yeah, now that I think about it I TOTALLY could see a Camaro getting an LT4, if it means the Zora is coming. Schweet!

surreal,

Of course it would still be fun. I own a classic mopar muscle car.  Why would it not be fun to compare and talk smack about who won a race, chevy, Ford or mopar.  It’s about having fun.  Would I have less fun owning my cuda because I lost a race? Like I said, you are taking this too seriously.  You said it yourself, with a ‘serious’ question.

So enjoy the video and be grateful that these options are still available in America.

Good.

...but yeah, now that I think about it I TOTALLY could see a Camaro getting an LT4, if it means the Zora is coming. Schweet!

Nothing would make me happier to build up the competiton.

Except of course, when Mustang wins again :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.