Chevrolet News:Chevrolet Introduces Two New Special Editions for the 2016 Colorado

After doing a few special edition models for the Silverado, Chevrolet has decided to do some as well for the Colorado.

First up is the Colorado Midnight edition. Following in the footsteps of the larger Silverado Midnight edition, the Colorado Midnight boasts a grille, bowtie, and 18-inch wheels draped in black. Other changes for the Midnight include spray-in bedliner, tonneau cover, and unique sill plates. This special edition won't be limited to one cab and engine configuration. You'll be able to get this package on any cab configuration, along with engine and the choice of either two or four-wheel drive.

Next is the Trail Boss which is available on the Z71 trim. The Trail Boss boasts LED trail lighting and aggressive Goodyear Wrangler DuraTec tires to amp up its off-road character. There is also 17-inch wheels, newly flared fenders, side steps, and a spray-in bedliner. Like the Midnight edition, the Trail Boss can be configured with your choice of cab, engine, and drivetrain.

"These are aggressive editions of one of the country's hottest-selling truck, demonstrating the personalization that's possible with Chevrolet accessories, whether it's for the street, trail or both. As the Colorado continues to win over new customers, the new Midnight Edition and Z71 Trail Boss give them more choices and build on segment-leading capabilities and efficiency," said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager.

Both special editions will be arriving at dealers this fall.

Source: Chevrolet

Press Release is on Page 2

2016 Chevy Colorado Special Models Dressed to Impress

• Midnight Edition, Z71 Trail Boss complement capability with customized style

DETROIT – On the street or on the trail, the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado’s Midnight Edition and Z71 Trail Boss bring bolder choices to customers looking to make a visual statement with their truck.
The special editions roll into Chevrolet dealerships this fall, with distinctly tailored appearances that blend custom design cues with Colorado’s popular options and accessories. The Midnight Edition evokes the aesthetic of an urban tuner vehicle, while the Z71 Trail Boss is designed for terrain where the pavement ends.
“These are aggressive editions of one of the country’s hottest-selling truck, demonstrating the personalization that’s possible with Chevrolet accessories, whether it’s for the street, trail or both,” said Tony Johnson, Colorado marketing manager. “As the Colorado continues to win over new customers, the new Midnight Edition and Z71 Trail Boss give them more choices and build on segment-leading capabilities and efficiency.”
Colorado Midnight Edition
Echoing the blacked-out design theme introduced on the popular Silverado Midnight Edition, the 2016 Colorado Midnight Edition casts an imposing stance. Offered exclusively in black, additional exterior details such as the grille, the bowtie emblem and the 18-inch aluminum wheels are also finished in black.

Additional content includes a spray-on bedliner and soft, folding tonneau cover – both in black, of course – and Chevrolet-logo sill plates.

The Colorado Midnight Edition is available on LT models with the extended and crew cab bodies, in 2WD or 4WD, and with the 2.5L and 3.6L engines. It will also be available with the all-new 2.8L Duramax turbo-diesel engine. Pricing will be announced later.

Colorado Z71 Trail BossThe 2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss builds on the capability of Chevrolet’s Z71 off-road truck suspension package with more aggressive tires and off-road-inspired appearance enhancements.
An all-new sport bar with LED trail lighting makes the new edition of the Trail Boss instantly identifiable. It’s complemented by black-finished 17-inch aluminum wheels matched with aggressive Goodyear Wrangler DuraTec® 265/65R17 all-terrain tires, bold fender flares and tubular assist steps. It also features a black bowtie grille emblem and a spray-on bedliner, and a set of all-weather floor mats inside the truck.
The Colorado Z71 Trail Boss is available on Z71 models with the extended and crew cab bodies, and in 2WD or 4WD. Like the Midnight Edition, it will also be available with the 2.5L and 3.6L engines, as well as the 2.8L Duramax diesel. Pricing will be announced later.

View full article

I really like those Wrangler tires on the Trail Boss.  I need some for mine.

I would stick with the BFGoodrich All Terrain, far superior tire over the Wrangler.

• Disagree 1

I totally dig the midnight edition. But everybody that knows me knows I love blacked out vehicles.. I love that GM/Chevy has been doing that lately. I think the lack of chrome and now body colored panels/pieces cleans the look up a lot.

Agree they are both lovely packages, the TrailBoss edition will be wicked in the Special Green Paint job. I still in the Z71 they need to dump the stupid plastic airdam as it is an offroad truck.

I totally dig the midnight edition. But everybody that knows me knows I love blacked out vehicles.. I love that GM/Chevy has been doing that lately. I think the lack of chrome and now body colored panels/pieces cleans the look up a lot.

Agree they are both lovely packages, the TrailBoss edition will be wicked in the Special Green Paint job. I still in the Z71 they need to dump the stupid plastic airdam as it is an offroad truck.

Ohhhh that "forest" greet???? That'd be super sharp looking!

I agree but I think they know their clientel well enough that they know the customer will just take it off if they don't want it and they ge the benefit of still getting the epa rating.

I would stick with the BFGoodrich All Terrain, far superior tire over the Wrangler.

It's amazing how much different and rugged the truck looks with just the A/T tires.  But yet, from what I've read(I read quite a bit on tires, actually - last job was a service tech changing oil, tires, light builbs, batteries..etc.)  the BFG All-Terrain T/O are about the best you can get for this look AND off road performance. But if it were my truck and I know I won't be doing any serious venturing off-road I'd go with something more like the BFG Rugged Terrain T/A ( http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Rugged+Terrain+T%2FA ). It still has a good ruged look but it isn't really agessive. I wouldn't want to sacrifice much on-road performance for looks, just not worth it.

It's amazing how much different and rugged the truck looks with just the A/T tires.  But yet, from what I've read(I read quite a bit on tires, actually - last job was a service tech changing oil, tires, light builbs, batteries..etc.)  the BFG All-Terrain T/O are about the best you can get for this look AND off road performance. But if it were my truck and I know I won't be doing any serious venturing off-road I'd go with something more like the BFG Rugged Terrain T/A ( http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Rugged+Terrain+T%2FA ). It still has a good ruged look but it isn't really agessive. I wouldn't want to sacrifice much on-road performance for looks, just not worth it.

I can understand that but the Terrain KO are great, not really noisy and I usually get between 80-100K miles on a set.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO

• Agree 1

I can understand that but the Terrain KO are great, not really noisy and I usually get between 80-100K miles on a set.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO

Very impressive that you score 80-100k on a set of those. Very Very impressive. What did/do you have them on? See if I were to put a set on a hypothetical truck that I don't own I would be coming from cars/suv where even a small amount of tire noise would be annoying. So, baby steps it is. lol

I'm having visions of an avalanche...

You love those Avalanches don't you..?

YOLO! Go get one! ;)

Is that really an option or an aftermarket thing???

Also, those wheels look awesome on that green. I've noticed lately I've had a thing for really dark geens on vehicles. Not just trucks or just cars.. Everything.

I hadn't heard of it before (I was dealing with a family medical issue during SEMA last year)... but it was a SEMA concept...

Also, those wheels look awesome on that green. I've noticed lately I've had a thing for really dark geens on vehicles. Not just trucks or just cars.. Everything.

I hadn't heard of it before (I was dealing with a family medical issue during SEMA last year)... but it was a SEMA concept...

First, I hope all is well with your family, Drew. Second, That's a very clean and awesome concept. I wonder if anybody will make something like that in the aftermarket.

First, I hope all is well with your family, Drew. Second, That's a very clean and awesome concept. I wonder if anybody will make something like that in the aftermarket.

Thanks, all is fine now.    I doubt anyone would make an aftermarket version.  It would require an all new bed box.

i think they should build it.  At least we know a 3rd gen avalanche would have looked pretty darned good. 

• Agree 1

i think they should build it.  At least we know a 3rd gen avalanche would have looked pretty darned good. 

X10000

X10000

Lets not forget that as a Chevy Avalache and an Escalade EXT they would have sold another 50K units or so if memory serves me right.

Very impressive that you score 80-100k on a set of those. Very Very impressive. What did/do you have them on? See if I were to put a set on a hypothetical truck that I don't own I would be coming from cars/suv where even a small amount of tire noise would be annoying. So, baby steps it is. lol

I have these tires on my 1994 Suburban, 1998 Dakota, 1999 Durango currently, they rock and keep on going. I have on my 2008 Trailblazer SS AWD the Bridgestone Duelers as well as on my 2006 Escalade ESV since these are low profile. Both tires rock for trucks and suvs, but I do like the look of the BF Goodrich tire best.

I have these tires on my 1994 Suburban, 1998 Dakota, 1999 Durango currently, they rock and keep on going. I have on my 2008 Trailblazer SS AWD the Bridgestone Duelers as well as on my 2006 Escalade ESV since these are low profile. Both tires rock for trucks and suvs, but I do like the look of the BF Goodrich tire best.

Very impressive that you score 80-100k on a set of those. Very Very impressive. What did/do you have them on? See if I were to put a set on a hypothetical truck that I don't own I would be coming from cars/suv where even a small amount of tire noise would

Glad i am not the only one who likes the older trucks :)  I have the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S on my Dakota and they are a good on/off-road hybrid.

• 2 weeks later...