2016 Toyota Tacoma, Butt Ugly or just my take on their design style?

David

31 minutes ago, FAPTurbo said:

who is objectively, sanely, rationally, lucidly thinking that this is somehow better?

81B52E66-4735-43FC-85E4-E84CF260040D.jpeg.ac69f189e19f7b074dcb56cc6917806b.jpeg

You think the Tacoma is in the same segment as the Sierra??

2 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I see no resemblance between the Tacoma front end and GMC's overwrought bling.

What ‘bling’? They both have 3-element horizontal grilles, w a large centered emblem, banded with chrome. Both have body-colored bumpers w round fog lights & a black chin spoiler. Both have 6-spoke, 6-lug alloys. Both have wrap-around flashy headlight clusters & flared fenders. 

45 minutes ago, balthazar said:

You think the Tacoma is in the same segment as the Sierra??

What ‘bling’? They both have 3-element horizontal grilles, w a large centered emblem, banded with chrome. Both have body-colored bumpers w round fog lights & a black chin spoiler. Both have 6-spoke, 6-lug alloys. Both have wrap-around flashy headlight clusters & flared fenders. 

GMC has more chrome and their grilles are far larger and blockier than the Tacoma’s.    No resemblance in the shape or detail of the grille or lighting clusters either.  

Yes- they’re not literally copies of each other. Kinda of a given.

Besides, the Canyon has just what you advocated for with the ‘19 Sierra- no ‘fangs’ / the rectangular grille of recent earlier versions. I have no issue with it, and it’s actually more distinctive vs the ‘coma- there’s about 50 cars/trucks running the 6-sided trapezoid grille recently.

Edited by balthazar

Canyon is mid-line in looks for me- no issues but no lust. Part of that is the small size. It's better than the 'coma (which looks dated to me).
I don't know what it is about the Silverado- I still really like the nose. It still may be the cues borrowed off the B-59... ;)
And it's certainly not automatic for me - the current Canyon ranks higher than the Silverado I've been driving for years in the looks department. Sierra is pretty awesome, either the new one above or the 'classic' ~

IMG_0333.jpg

50 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I don't think the Tacoma is that bad.  The GM mid-sizers are starting to look dated.

And I just can't with all that chrome on most of the GM big-trucks.  

Black Edition of the GMC with Black Chrome is good looking, but yes, the Baby Boomer Chrome everything is over kill.