William Maley

Mazda News: Spy Photos: Mazda CX-9 Makes Its Debut

The oldest model in Mazda's lineup is the seven-seat CX-9 crossover, but that will be changing in the near future. The first spy shots of the next-generation CX-9 have been caught while undergoing some testing.

The photos show the CX-9 looking like a Mazda3 hatch that has been enlarged by 300 percent. Such details as the five-point grille, sculpted body, and flowing rear end are present. If the recent trend of Mazda's interiors is any indication, expect an impressive looking interior with seating up for seven people.

In terms of power, rumor has it that the CX-9 will use a turbocharged SkyActiv four-cylinder.

We could be seeing the next Mazda CX-9 debut later this year at the LA Auto Show.

Source: Automobile, Autoblog

Click here to view the article

Be interesting to see if the quality is there as right now those that I know who have CX-9's have had plenty of problems with broken seats, trim coming off, etc. Seems to be small stuff, but still a broken seat is nothing to ignore.

There is lots more cx9 issues than just that , one of the reasons I took it off the list before we got our van. Drove well but small and a little concerned about issues

This thing don't look much different either

Very nice concept. I'm still waiting in vain for the 6 wagon to make the ocean journey.

that'd be awesome.