Trim Levels, Pricing, Configurator For '16 Camaro Revealed!

El Kabong

Well the truth be told FWD is here mostly for weight. The original intent was to make a car with a larger interior in a smaller package and cut the driveline into a smaller package with no drive shaft and no rear end. Then they sold it to the public as flat floors and the Idea of better traction which anyone who has a basic working knowledge of physics understands for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. If you don't know what that mean it means the weight they claim that is on the front wheels transfers to the rear and unloads the front end. Hence top fuel dragster are RWD.

As for engines it really matters little what was under the hood. With the 60 degree it made it easier to change plugs on a V6 and the I 4 is often used as it saves space and cuts down on the nose over hang in smaller cars.

As for traction it is controlled I many ways today. Some electronics and also geometry along with a good does of things like Hyper struts etc. For the most part it is a non issue as over 400 HP can be well controlled today.

The Ford deal is to show case where they are going. They have one car with a V8 outside the trucks. That is one of the biggest clues from a company that made their name with the Flat Head. They are not alone. How much smaller does the percentages of V8 cars offered and none of them cheap till you understand they will be very limited in market scope.

The Corvette can get over 30 MPG if you just want to drive it done the highway on cruise control. In real world driving it is not getting 30 MPG and not even 20 MPG in the hands of someone who drives it like a Corvette should be driven. Moving forward that is not even going to be enough as GM really does not want to impose the gas guzzler tax on the car unless it is a low volume model like a ZR1.

Again look 10-15 years ahead as today is when you plan for it not then. If you wait till 2025 it will be too late. I really expect the Vette and other performance cars to loose more weight and not add a lot of power for performance gains. This is a win win as MPG goes up, Performance goes up not only on 0-60 but also 60-0 and handling. You get over 700 HP few cars can make use of all the power out side a Z06 or some exotic car.

Sometimes you turn the traction control off. Then you have a more realistic idea of what the limits of FWD are.

Computers can make Mario Andrettis of us all. The layout helps determine at what power level that will occur.

On GM's more powerful front drivers equipped with HiPer strut, they've increased that limit a good bit. 

Olds,

I responded to your individual posts, but they did not appear.  They may still, but let me summarize what I said in this one post, and will not say another remark on this topic here.

So yes olds, we should all allow negative remarks regarding Ford or any brand, of course. And I welcome it and love to debate it if I disagree.  But simple criticism is one thing, and repeated non-stop criticism that we have all heard literally hundreds of times from the same individual  --is another completely.  He is by definition, then, trolling, plain and simple.  At what point do I believe he is trolling?  I think in my mind, I draw the line at anything over 2 or 3 posts in the same thread.  In the Ford GT thread about power, he managed many, many negative remarks, even going on about an exact quoted price, when there was no exact quoted price.  I downvoted that crap, because there is no need for it.  It was a simple thread about a rumored power rating, so no need for nearly a dozen negative posts.  And although you don’t know him as long as I do, I can easily say that in that decade, he has never said a positive word toward Ford and certainly not me, without a back-handed compliment.  It’s what he is programmed to do.  The GT thread is one mild example of a decade of far more and far worst.  So I’m fine with all that, but since negative votes are for trolls, I will down vote the troll if I think he has already made his point, usually, far too often.

So that’s all I have to say about that, but he is clearly going on a campaign discussing it and cross posting threads in several other threads.  I could freaking care less.  Zero respect is what I give him.

Let’s get back to the topic that I was happily discussing, before you two made this a thing.

"But simple criticism is one thing, and repeated non-stop criticism that we have all heard literally hundreds of times from the same individual  --is another completely.  He is by definition, then, trolling, plain and simple."

Kind of like how some here down vote what they perceive to be a negative remark because it doesn't support their non-stop PR posts disguised as objective thought. Does that sound about right (since you are the one trying to throw stones here)?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Lime rock green was too short lived. Best color on the new stingray.

Is that that dark "forest"-like green? If so, that's a super sharp color. I've kind of been loving all of the really dark greens as of late from GM and Ford. Like the Cruze and Silverado/Sierra offer a dark green that I love and then Ford with the Guard on the Mustsnf and F150. Oh, and the Edge, I believe.

• Agree 1

Lime rock green was too short lived. Best color on the new stingray.

Is that that dark "forest"-like green? If so, that's a super sharp color. I've kind of been loving all of the really dark greens as of late from GM and Ford. Like the Cruze and Silverado/Sierra offer a dark green that I love and then Ford with the Guard on the Mustsnf and F150. Oh, and the Edge, I believe.

Agreed on both counts.  Love Rainforest Green (would have ordered that color for my Colorado if it weren't an extra cost color) and Ford's Guard.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Olds,

I responded to your individual posts, but they did not appear.  They may still, but let me summarize what I said in this one post, and will not say another remark on this topic here.

So yes olds, we should all allow negative remarks regarding Ford or any brand, of course. And I welcome it and love to debate it if I disagree.  But simple criticism is one thing, and repeated non-stop criticism that we have all heard literally hundreds of times from the same individual  --is another completely.  He is by definition, then, trolling, plain and simple.  At what point do I believe he is trolling?  I think in my mind, I draw the line at anything over 2 or 3 posts in the same thread.  In the Ford GT thread about power, he managed many, many negative remarks, even going on about an exact quoted price, when there was no exact quoted price.  I downvoted that crap, because there is no need for it.  It was a simple thread about a rumored power rating, so no need for nearly a dozen negative posts.  And although you don’t know him as long as I do, I can easily say that in that decade, he has never said a positive word toward Ford and certainly not me, without a back-handed compliment.  It’s what he is programmed to do.  The GT thread is one mild example of a decade of far more and far worst.  So I’m fine with all that, but since negative votes are for trolls, I will down vote the troll if I think he has already made his point, usually, far too often.

So that’s all I have to say about that, but he is clearly going on a campaign discussing it and cross posting threads in several other threads.  I could freaking care less.  Zero respect is what I give him.

Let’s get back to the topic that I was happily discussing, before you two made this a thing.

"But simple criticism is one thing, and repeated non-stop criticism that we have all heard literally hundreds of times from the same individual  --is another completely.  He is by definition, then, trolling, plain and simple."

Kind of like how some here down vote what they perceive to be a negative remark because it doesn't support their non-stop PR posts disguised as objective thought. Does that sound about right (since you are the one trying to throw stones here)?

And with those words, you missed my point completely.  

I clearly stated why I would downvote, and you ignored it.

And please honor the wishes of mods and stop focusing on individuals.  Especially as you reach back 8 days to respond to this post.

Thanks.

Olds,

And please honor the wishes of mods and stop focusing on individuals.  Especially as you reach back 8 days to respond to this post.

Thanks.

Who cares "how long" it took? I don't go out of my way to look at every single post here. Just came across yours and decided to respond. The amount of time since the post in question is irrelevant. You made it a point to focus on certain individuals here yet tell others not to focus on individuals. If you don't see the pure hypocrisy in your statement, then there is truly no hope for you. All I know is this. YOU don;t get to decided anything that has been brought up, especially when you have shown, time and time again, to be unable to hold yourself accountable to the same standard that you expect everyone else to have. That is the simple fact of the matter. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Guest wings4life

Olds,

Thanks.

Who cares "how long" it took? I don't go out of my way to look at every single post here. Just came across yours and decided to respond. The amount of time since the post in question is irrelevant. You made it a point to focus on certain individuals here yet tell others not to focus on individuals. If you don't see the pure hypocrisy in your statement, then there is truly no hope for you. All I know is this. YOU don;t get to decided anything that has been brought up, especially when you have shown, time and time again, to be unable to hold yourself accountable to the same standard that you expect everyone else to have. That is the simple fact of the matter. 

Topic please, not the individual.

That's good to know "Guest Wings". Now try to actually say something that doesn't make you sound like the worlds biggest hypocrite.

About the Camaro, there will be the Z06 motor in the ZL1 (the given 640 HP it brings). What that means as far as a future Z/28 goes, is anyone's guess. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It might mean a Z/28 with an LT4, base interior, and 1LE-type suspension.

It might mean a full-bling ZL1 that only weighs as much as the old Z/28.

Or, as long as we are wishing, it may mean both :D

A newer Z/28 will most certainly be lighter than the outgoing model. It would make it that much more of a world class drivers car, which it has already proven in spades.

GM should use their skateboard concept for a battery pack and then put in a large ass electric and let the good times silently fly by. 

200 to 250 miles with a electric engine that has 1000lbs of torque and 500 hp and can just spin away and boom, death to mustangs and challengers all over. :P

• Disagree 1