Toyota News: Revealed: 2016 Toyota Prius

I actually saw one of the new Prii in person, it was on the campus.

I gotta say, I'm totally reversed on my opinion of it.

It's so ugly and so different that it actually looks really frickin' good.

No, really, I actually like the way it looks. It looks like nothing else, and it projects exactly the kind of person you are. I love it. Seriously.

(Expecting instant permanent colossal reduction in Present Value of Future Upvotes)

You OK there? Did someone smack you hard in the head? Did you missing something in your diet recently?

Come on, the Prius in person is still freakin ugly and terrible. They used their Hydrogen body style on the Prius to try and make it look good. Totally failure. Back away from the coolaid and take a deep breath you will be OK. Deep Breath, Deep Breath!

No, really, I actually like the way it looks. It looks like nothing else, and it projects exactly the kind of person you are. I love it. Seriously.

(Expecting instant permanent colossal reduction in Present Value of Future Upvotes)

I haven't seen one in person yet but I kind of agree.. It is super ugly and quirky but because there's nothing else like it.. it's kind of neat.. 

Actually the driver was a 25 to like 29 year old, and he had a baby seat in the back as. Well. The car looks kinda long, for a hatchback. And the aside from the surface treatment, the proportions of the car are pretty good.

Like I said, many people think it's ugly...I just it's different. It's like the Jeep Cherokee. Styling that is wayyy out there, and even if it's from their hydrogen car. I like the way it looks. It's nothing else on the road, and it's true to the Prius brand identity.

Before it was staid, but it looks alright. It helped that it was red, and red really works on it. 

Look, if I wanted a hybrid for real fuel economy gains and a proven system...I'd hands down get the Prius. It's the same hybrid technology for 15 years. I mean, I don't buy into reliability claims, but it's already the 4th generation of their hybrid system. It gets 40% thermal efficiency, the most of any ICE car and honestly the base model is thousands of dollars less than a stripper midsize sedan hybrid. So you get fuel savings on top of fuel savings.

Yeah the new Malibu has nice mpg and a good silhouette, styling which if not original, just a follow-up to design trend started by Hyundai of all makes.

The front end of the new Malibu just doesn't jive with the rest of the car's clean look, IMO.

It's a cheaper car, gets better mileage if driven like a hybrid should be driven, and really what more do Prius owners want? It's finally a daily livable car as proven by the new MotorTrend Test.

Mostly it's just that I don't like to really put domestic car company blinders on when evaluating a car from what the auto journalists have to say about it. 

I noticed on the way to work yesterday morning that the neighborhood Toyota store has two of the new Priuses on the front row..a white one and a dark red one (like in the Super Bowl ads)...looking pretty badass lined up w/ the candy colored Scions and Yarises (I didn't realize they still offered a 3dr verison of teh Yaris).. ;)

. There was nothing quite like the Aztek either. Doesn't mean it didnt make Edward James Olmos look like a swimsuit model.

In all seriousness, I saw the new Prius the other day as well. Still hideous.