Karma News: Fisker Changes Name To Karma Automotive

William Maley

Back in February, we reported on the rumors that Fisker Automotive was planning to change its name to Elux. This past week, Fisker has officially changed its name and it isn't Elux. Meet Karma Automotive.

The company says this name has always been a part of the brand - see Karma plug-in hybrid sedan.

"Karma is based on the principle of cause and effect, where your actions create your future. This awareness of what we are doing and why we are doing it—which we characterize as acting with intention—is what we stand for, it's authentic," said James Taylor, Karma's Chief Marketing Officer.

Rumor has it that production of the Karma sedan will restart sometime next year. We expect a name change along with the production restart.

Source: Karma Automotive

Press Release is on Page 2

Fisker Automotive Reveals New Name And Logo

• Karma Automotive - honors iconic design and communicates future direction

COSTA MESA, Calif., Sept. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Fisker Automotive and Technology Group announced a name change today to Karma Automotive. The company also launched its new website, including a video that reveals its new logo at karmaautomotive.com.

"With new ownership, a new management team, and a new production site, all here in California, it was time to communicate change," said James Taylor, Karma's Chief Marketing Officer.

"Karma" was chosen because it is relevant to both the old and new brands, while providing an aspirational message which embodies the company's purpose.

"Karma is based on the principle of cause and effect, where your actions create your future. This awareness of what we are doing and why we are doing it—which we characterize as acting with intention—is what we stand for, it's authentic," added Taylor.

Karma's new executive team has attracted top-tier talent from the automotive and technology industries to bring world-class expertise to its headquarters and new assembly facility in Southern California.

Karma Automotive's owner, Wanxiang Group, one of the world's largest automotive component conglomerates, is committed to the alternative energy space, having acquired solar, wind and energy companies. The group provides strong financial backing necessary to build a sustainable, world-class luxury automotive brand.

View full article

Regardless of the product issues and it's past, Fisker automobiles are still one hell of an attractive vehicle!  I went to a combined show - classic cars, trucks, antique Caterpillar tractors, and antique power equipment - and in the parking lot (grass area) was a silver Fisker Karma.  Wow, that car still attracts viewers as they walked past it!

IMG_8080_zpsjabfxxpz.jpg

IMG_8079_zpsscadkirz.jpg

IMG_8078_zpsvdayrghe.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Seeing a Karma in person for the first time about 3 years ago left me in awe. My jaw dropped and stayed that way for the duration of the time the car left my eye sight. No MODERN car since the 1980s all the way to today EVER did that. No Ferrari, no Lamborghini, no millennial Aston Martins...and Aston Martins are gorgeous. Nothing.  The Fisker is a wildly sexy car.

OK...maybe a Countach 5000 Quatrovalvole and a R33 Skyline. In my defense for the sake of this post....I was a teenager when I saw that Countach in the 1980s...that is like seeing Heather Thomas live in the flesh...and we all know that boys my age in the 1980s had a Heather Thomas poster on his bedroom wall and a Countach... and the R33 Skyline is kinda like the forbidden fruit....

Edited by oldshurst442

Seeing a Karma in person for the first time about 3 years ago left me in awe. My jaw dropped and stayed that way for the duration of the time the car left my eye sight. No MODERN car since the 1980s all the way to today EVER did that. No Ferrari, no Lamborghini, no millennial Aston Martins...and Aston Martins are gorgeous. Nothing.  The Fisker is a wildly sexy car.

OK...maybe a Countach 5000 Quatrovalvole and a R33 Skyline. In my defense for the sake of this post....I was a teenager when I saw that Countach in the 1980s...that is like seeing Heather Thomas live in the flesh...and we all know that boys my age in the 1980s had a Heather Thomas poster on his bedroom wall and a Countach... and the R33 Skyline is kinda like the forbidden fruit....

Having gone to college at Kobe University in Japan in the late 80's, I totally can relate to the R33 Skyline is forbidden fruit that some of us got to drive and enjoy! :P