1999 Chrysler 300M, LHS, and Concorde promotional video

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

• 3 weeks later...

Shame it died with Oldsmobile at the time it was GM's best sedan. I liked both the first and second generations.

I never cared of the second gen LHS/Concorde for reasons stated above. Don't hate them, don't love them. I do like the 300M, particularly the Special, which was a better handling car than the Aurora and pretty much any large FWD car of at the time. 2002 is the year to get for one of those as Mercedes decontenting began the following year.

I liked the LHS for what it was meant to be, a big soft cruiser, but I would have still gone with the Aurora.

In the end I got the CTS because I loved its looks... But I probably should have gotten the Aurora as an eventual collection piece.

The Aurora interior was nicer than any Chrysler, it was nicer than the 2003 CTS even.  I liked how the Aurora center console angled toward the driver.   Plus the Aurora had the 4 liter V8, which added that quiet refinement under low rpm driving, and the Northstar V8 get out of my way roar if you floored it.  

• Upvote 1

The Aurora used real wood, I doubt Chrysler did.  Plus look at all the black plastic around the shifter on the Chrysler, where the Aurora had wood trim there, and the Aurora center stack was angled to the driver, plus the 2 tone effect I think helped too.

The 300M was such a cool car, and the looks did it. I had this video...still have the VHS somewhere...I think either came with a brochure, or after my mom bought a 2000 Chrysler 300M back in the day.

We didn't keep that car long, between a few glitches and bad accident, but it was memorable. They changed so much year to year, and really had some great touches and feel to them. The cheapo Concorde/Intrepid cars with cloth and 2.7L were nothing great, but still a great design statement back then...when nothing was particularly wow looking.

Cool setups, and a nice promo video.

The 300M was such a cool car, and the looks did it. I had this video...still have the VHS somewhere...I think either came with a brochure, or after my mom bought a 2000 Chrysler 300M back in the day.

We didn't keep that car long, between a few glitches and bad accident, but it was memorable. They changed so much year to year, and really had some great touches and feel to them. The cheapo Concorde/Intrepid cars with cloth and 2.7L were nothing great, but still a great design statement back then...when nothing was particularly wow looking.

Cool setups, and a nice promo video.

Thanks for stopping by again Caddy.  How have you been?

If only someone combined Cab Forward with Widetrack!  OMG would be the best car ever!

What I don't understand if the cab forward philosophy was to push the wheels toward the corners, why did the LHS have such massive overhangs?  It had a 113 inch wheel base and a 207 inch overall length.   By comparison a 90s E-class had a 112 inch wheel base and 190 inch overall length.   That is a whopping 26 inches less front and rear overhang.

this is one car that needs the windshield moved ahead.  Not a whole lot, just some.

i hate the proportions of a fwd that has too much hood.  the whole car is curvy and then they put a flat, upright windshield that's jacked back on it.  You can tell the new Regal has the same pushed back and upright windshield also.  

2016-chevrolet-malibu-reveal-design-1480

Edited by regfootball

If only someone combined Cab Forward with Widetrack!  OMG would be the best car ever!

What I don't understand if the cab forward philosophy was to push the wheels toward the corners, why did the LHS have such massive overhangs?  It had a 113 inch wheel base and a 207 inch overall length.   By comparison a 90s E-class had a 112 inch wheel base and 190 inch overall length.   That is a whopping 26 inches less front and rear overhang.

shorter overhangs and a bit smaller doors and just a little less glass and intrepid would have had it perfect, for a fwd car.