Ford Returns to CES 2016 with Ford GT as Official Show Vehicle

Wings4Life(BANNED)

CES-Ford-GT_900.jpg

Las Vegas, – Ford is returning to CES in January with even more news on the company’s holistic approach to create products and services that make people’s lives better.

“Ford was the first automaker to have a significant presence at CES nine years ago, and we are proud to continue that legacy of innovation in 2016,” said Mark Fields, president and CEO, Ford Motor Company. “As we move forward with our Ford Smart Mobility plan, CES is the perfect venue for sharing news on our efforts to change the way the world moves and provide new solutions in the areas of connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles, the customer experience and data and analytics.” 

Ford is hosting the first automotive news conference of CES 2016 during CES Press Day from 7:30-8 a.m. PST on Tuesday, Jan. 5 at Mandalay Bay. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™, formerly the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, CES 2016 is the world’s largest hands-on showcase of emerging innovation and is scheduled for Jan. 6-9, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada. 

Additionally, CTA has named the Ford GT – an ultra-high-performance supercar that serves as a technology showcase for top EcoBoost® performance, aerodynamics and lightweight carbon fiber construction – the Official Vehicle of CES 2016.

The all-new supercar represents Ford’s commitment to innovation through performance. Its advanced, lightweight carbon fiber composites as well as other technologies will help serve the company’s entire product lineup, and will be on display at the show. 

Very cool to see this and yes the new FORD GT will be a Hit, but I suspect the BOLT will steal the show as a product that is green, 200 miles and affordable for the masses will be the even bigger hit.

Final hit will be the Andriod / Apple systems that will be in auto's in 2016. People can truly have their smartphone and more.

Man, I never get tired of looking at the GT. That is one of its better angles for sure.  Can’t wait until we start hearing about it’s performance.

And as far as Bolt stealing the show….you might be right.  But I would not play those odds in Vegas.

And honestly, if the 200mile mark is such a benefit, then ask yourself a question.

If other Electric cars that were around years ago with $4-$5 gas at the pumps were increased back then to 200 miles, would they suddenly become a hit?  Then how can they now with $1.60 gas???

Heck no is my answer.  The percentage increase in sales could have probably have been counted using one hand.

2012-Ford-Focus-Electric_2.jpg?189db0

Edited by Wings4Life

Well the thing is incentives such as indirect ones instead of direct applicable tax savings also need to be considered.

We haven't seem many economic disincentives to owning ICE powered vehicles, but raising the fuel tax might be one of them.

Full market penetration will require many interested stakeholders to be willing to expect it, and to want it.

I think it's more reasonable to expect  to seeing vehicles that are already well-selling to become full-electric eventually (wayyy long run, like about 100 years from now), with stand-alone models and half-ways measures like hybrids being the norm until them.

Everyone knows that now automakers are hybridizing well known models as well as having standalone alternative vehicles.

And the more efficient we become, the less gas is consumed... I'd have to brush up some economics, but maybe that's a reason why gas prices are low.

As long as OPEC keeps the taps flowing in an attempt to crush domestic fuel industries in America, Canada and elsewhere, prices will remain low.