1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass sedan promotional video

• 1 month later...

They weren't bad looking, but they definitely paled in comparison to their two-door counterparts and the sales figures showed that.  I'll always have a soft spot for the Cutlass because my mom drove one from the day I was born until I was 20.  She had a '74 Cutlass Supreme 2-door (black on black, bucket seats, very sharp) when I was born in '75.  In 1980, she bought a '77 Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2-door (Buckskin, I think the color was called, also very sharp) and it even had an 8-track player!  Then in late 1985, she ordered a new '86  Olds 442 (medium gray with t-tops).  The '85 and '86 442 were based on the Cutlass Salon, but the '87 was based on the base Cutlass Supreme 2-door.  I loved all of them.

I only wish the build quality and durability of the materials used were as good as the car looked.  The '74 and '77 were solid cars but the '86 442 was 'tired' (and I'm being kind) after just a few years and less than 60k miles. She drove it for nine years and 110k miles before it gave up the ghost.