Sign in to follow this  
NOS2006

Ford Edge: Coming this October

23 posts in this topic

Here's the Edge from NAIAS:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4694

I saw it today in white with the sides masked off and same with the front grille, rear Ford oval, and black wheels. I asked the guy when it'll be out and he said October. Figured ya'll should know. :)

Oh, and it looks exactly like it did in the link above.

Edited by NOS2006

Here's the Edge from NAIAS:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4694

I saw it today in white with the sides masked off and same with the front grille, rear Ford oval, and black wheels. I asked the guy when it'll be out and he said October. Figured ya'll should know. :)

Oh, and it looks exactly like it did in the link above.

Yep. quite a few testers around here....

Yeah, I saw a black one last week, too, but only got a quick glance of it.

I was just happy I got to talk to the guy. His wife was hot! lol

Yeah, I saw a black one last week, too, but only got a quick glance of it.

I was just happy I got to talk to the guy. His wife was hot! lol

:lol: , i bet you were more interested in her than another ugly ford!

I'd still rather have the Freestyle, once it comes out in Mercury drag with the new 3.5L/six-speed. There's no point to a 2+ ton SUV if it can't carry more passengers or cargo than a wagon, IMO. The Freestyle is amazing in that it's the only crossover in its class that can fit 7 adults comfortably.

Edited by empowah

the EDGE exterior is a KNOCKOUT! esp. in ORANGE!

the interior is horribly cheap though, even worse than my cheap ass 500 interior. still not as bad as the Equinox though!

the edge has it ALL OVER the equinox in just about every imaginable way,

i can't wait to drive one! maybe they will let me out of my lease on my dumpy ass 500!

the EDGE exterior is a KNOCKOUT!  esp. in ORANGE!

the interior is horribly cheap though, even worse than my cheap ass 500 interior.  still not as bad as the Equinox though!

the edge has it ALL OVER the equinox in just about every imaginable way,

Depends of the price, probably more $ than the Equinox.

I'm jealous of all you guys up there in the Detroit area. The only camo I see is tape and trashbags taking place of window glass.

Depends of the price, probably more $ than the Equinox.

Edges will start around 26 and change. what does the eek sticker for? you get what you pay for.

185hp chinese v6 vs. modern OHC mill generating 265hp.

edge will have a much more commodious interior with better plastics and sharper styling inside and out.

the edge will feature the new joint venture 6 speed automatic.

I'm jealous of all you guys up there in the Detroit area.  The only camo I see is tape and trashbags taking place of window glass.

Trashbags make great windows... especially if you like limo tint. :AH-HA_wink: Edited by Cadavillac

I'd still rather have the Freestyle, once it comes out in Mercury drag with the new 3.5L/six-speed. There's no point to a 2+ ton SUV if it can't carry more passengers or cargo than a wagon, IMO. The Freestyle is amazing in that it's the only crossover in its class that can fit 7 adults comfortably.

Everything you say is true... for now. When the Lambda's come out this fall they will be able to seat 7 adults comfortably AND carry their luggage behind the third row - which is something you can't say about the Freestyle or future Mercury variant.

Everything you say is true... for now.  When the Lambda's come out this fall they will be able to seat 7 adults comfortably AND carry their luggage behind the third row - which is something you can't say about the Freestyle or future Mercury variant.

No, with the third-row up, the Freestyle's cargo bay (20.8 cu ft) is actually larger than the Outlook's (19.7 cu ft), thanks to its clever seat well. The Freestyle also has more 2nd and 3rd row legroom, despite being lighter and more manageable around town. The difference pays off in fuel economy (20/27 v. 17/25)... the Freestyle is really elegantly packaged, IMO.

No, with the third-row up, the Freestyle's cargo bay (20.8 cu ft) is actually larger than the Outlook's (19.7 cu ft), thanks to its clever seat well. The Freestyle also has more 2nd and 3rd row legroom, despite being lighter and more manageable around town. The difference pays off in fuel economy (20/27 v. 17/25)... the Freestyle is really elegantly packaged, IMO.

yeah the FS still has a very large cargo area with the 3rd row up.

The D401 Mercury variant of the Freestyle was canceled in early 06, and the current Volvo based Freestyle is an endangered species. With such a poor showing in the market this vehicle is getting a cosmetic update sooner than later, but it still won't be enough to salvage the current product. Ford is well aware of this and there is already a psuedo replacement in the pipeline.

The new Ford will have the "Edge" in drivetrain versus the Equinox but not in styling. This new model was on display at the auto show and no one even seemed to notice it. Switch the badges around and it could have been any other dull Asian product. It's sad to see everybody copying them on styling when it's the overall product that needs to be improved such as fit and finish, interior quality, powertrain and price/value. It's just really hard to understand the need for yet another bland looking crossover in a ever more crowded field of them.

The new Ford will have the "Edge" in drivetrain versus the Equinox but not in styling. This new model was on display at the auto show and no one even seemed to notice it. Switch the badges around and it could have been any other dull Asian product. It's sad to see everybody copying them on styling when it's the overall product that needs to be improved such as fit and finish, interior quality, powertrain and price/value. It's just really hard to understand the need for yet another bland looking crossover in a ever more crowded field of them.

um, because the crossover market is booming?

and the edge is much more attractive then the EEK! winocks......disagree

Edited by regfootball

The D401 Mercury variant of the Freestyle was canceled in early 06, and the current Volvo based Freestyle is an endangered species. With such a poor showing in the market this vehicle is getting a cosmetic update sooner than later, but it still won't be enough to salvage the current product. Ford is well aware of this and there is already a psuedo replacement in the pipeline.

The Ford Freestyle: Another excellent and competent Detroit product that offers MORE than the competition, KILLED by the american media...

The Ford Freestyle: Another excellent and competent Detroit product that offers MORE than the competition, KILLED by the american media...

I think you're being a bit too liberal with that praise. IMO, it fell short in powertrain and looks. The interior was alright, nothing really to complain about. The Freestyle's biggest problem is how boring it looks. It was outclassed by the Pacifica, too.

:banghead:

How about some PROOF?

FYI, C&D loved it, and AutoWeek preferred it to the Odyssey.

The Freestyle reminds me of the SRX. Both are technically brilliant cars and both won rave reviews (Edmunds preferred it to the X5 and C&D preferred it to the Cayenne), but the public didn't buy 'em.

The Freestyle reminds me of the SRX. Both are technically brilliant cars and both won rave reviews (Edmunds preferred it to the X5 and C&D preferred it to the Cayenne), but the public didn't buy 'em.

freestyle as in free style because its so bland it should be free of charge.

hey, i ALMOST got the freestyle over the 500. the big nos on it.......

-it needs some styling tweaks

-it does need more power down low. the cvt is wonderful and its got good performance in some spots, but in the end it just needs more. ford is fixing that

-its got just a little too much of a subaru/lesbian aura to it. that was a deal breaker.

the SRX is indeed like the Freestyle in some ways. slightly bizarre styling has a repellant sort of effect on the buying public.

the freestyle handles great for a large SUV or even a wagon by the way. I sure hope ford gets the styling tweaks down and i hope the FS is blessed with the power it so deserves. It will be a brialliant vehicle for so many folks once they get that fixed.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this