Enclave interior

wildcat

It will probably look just like it since most of the interior is production ready. Take a look at the Saturn Outlook. Same center console as the Enclave. Different upper dash, vents, and materials used but still very similar.

Outlook:

Posted Image

Enclave:

Posted Image

What I'm interested about is the logo modification for Saturn. I wonder if they're getting rid of the red background.

Could someone chop the saturn logo without the red and post it? It's probably what they're going to do.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Lutz said that the only that will change in the interior is the wood-covered overhead console thing and the center console for the rear seats. Even the leather on the dashboard will stay.

Peugeot wraps the 307 CC dashboard in leather, so I have no doubt Buick and Cadillac can do it. Can't wait to see production model pictures of the Enclave.

Lutz said that the only that will change in the interior is the wood-covered overhead console thing and the center console for the rear seats. Even the leather on the dashboard will stay.

That's VERY good news. The leather on the dashboard is needed to set Buick apart.

God, throwing an interior like this into the Lucerne and one in the LaCrosse (with a refresh) would do wonders for the brand.

I guess their feeling that a logo looks more upscale without color explains why they did away with the red, white, and blue Buick tri-shield logo several years back, in favor of the silver or chrome one now used.

I'm betting they have to keep some color on the SATURN symbol on the hood of the car, otherwise it's hard to notice. Interior wise, I think the red would be an eye-sore

These are easily 2 of the best interiors GM has created in recent years. The only gripe I have is how the passenger door has a grab handle but the drivers door doesn't. Just a little inconsistent to me...

These are easily 2 of the best interiors GM has created in recent years. The only gripe I have is how the passenger door has a grab handle but the drivers door doesn't. Just a little inconsistent to me...

You're right, the passenger's side does have the grab handle, but I guess they leave the driver to grip the armrest.

Probably because the grab handle would have blocked the drivers' controls on the door.

Probably because the grab handle would have blocked the drivers' controls on the door.

If you notice teh driver's side has a grab handly built into teh armrest, whereas the passenger side doesn't. This is, as you say, because the designb the passenger side has would have blocked the controls

If you notice teh driver's side has a grab handly built into teh armrest, whereas the passenger side doesn't. This is, as you say, because the designb the passenger side has would have blocked the controls

Yes, but there are many more controls on the driver's side, so it would be harder to move all of them down on the armrest. I feel the design needs the grab like it is on the passenger side because it was to give an athletic, sporty feel. Since that couldn't be accomplished on the driver's side, they resorted to the grab in the armrest.

Driver and passenger side grab handles have different functions. The driver side is only to close the door, while the passenger side also serves as something to hold on to during off-roading or fast cornering etc. The driver of course needs to keep his hands on the wheel.

Driver and passenger side grab handles have different functions. The driver side is only to close the door, while the passenger side also serves as something to hold on to during off-roading or fast cornering etc. The driver of course needs to keep his hands on the wheel.

True... it wouldn't be good if the driver let go of the steering wheel to hold on for a bumpy ride! :lol:

You know what would be great if the Enclave really is Buick's Answer to the Highlander & Pilot. Buick would kick a$$.

I think that's what the Outlook is for. I've seen diehards gush over the Outlook (as compared to the Pilot) on some of the Honda forums. I think the Enclave will go after the lux market (MDX, RX).

As I recall reading somewhere, the Enclave Concept interior was 99% production-ready. So almost everything on the concept would be on the production version.

Though, didn't Lutz say that 99% of the Aura concept would show up on the production vehicle? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Though, didn't Lutz say that 99% of the Aura concept would show up on the production vehicle?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aura Concept interior:

Posted Image

Aura Production interor:

Posted Image

It was 99% production. The differences are the corporate steering wheel, no green gauges/LED displays, chrome dash panels replaced with wood dash panels, non-showcar quality leather, and no center display panel on the dash. Minor stuff, overall.

-RBB

Actually, I didn't realize how close the production version was to the concept interior-wise. Which sucks because from the very beginning the Aura interior design was last gen. Though having the aluminum radio/HVAC would help the interior much more.

That basically sums it up. 

But coming from someone that's sat in it, the quality isn't quite there.

let us know when you drive one. how is a show car that a bajillion people jump in and out of all day with no regard for it going to tell you something.

could you at least perhaps elaborate on what "isnt quite there" or why you feel this way. it sounds a little snobbish to summarize everything in three words.

is it materials? comfort? what. im curious. and could you also mention what you are comparing it too. that might help us understand more clearly what it is you are trying to say. :scratchchin:

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

Aura Concept interior:

Posted Image

Aura Production interor:

Posted Image

It was 99% production.  The differences are the corporate steering wheel, no green gauges/LED displays, chrome dash panels replaced with wood dash panels, non-showcar quality leather, and no center display panel on the dash.  Minor stuff, overall.

-RBB

I understand that it's the same, but with the fake wood color scheme and that ugly ass black blob in the center, it makes the interior look cheap and different.

Though, didn't Lutz say that 99% of the Aura concept would show up on the production vehicle?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Unfortunately he said that and we ended up with a watered down interior. :banghead:

But looking at the Outlook's interior, which is pretty good, you'd expect that Enclave's would be a lot better, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Okay, getting back on topic, I anticipate the Enclave will have a beautiful interior close to the concept. I'm anxious to see what craptacular faux wood they'll replace the concept's with. Unfortunately, since there's so much, I'm hoping it looks really nice and realistic.

Maybe GM will surprise us and keep the plood to a minimum. Unlikely, but you never know.

Comment on the Aura's interior:

It looks like the wood in the door doesn't line up with the wood on the dash. There's a little bit of a dip between the 2. I hope that is fixed by production time, or else CR will have a legit gripe...

let us know when you drive one.  how is a show car that a bajillion people jump in and out of all day with no regard for it going to tell you something.

could you at least perhaps elaborate on what "isnt quite there" or why you feel this way.  it sounds a little snobbish to summarize everything in three words.

is it materials?  comfort?  what.  im curious.  and could you also mention what you are comparing it too.  that might help us understand more clearly what it is you are trying to say. :scratchchin:

Every car at the auto show takes abuse from the "bajillion" people who jump in and out with no regard. If shoddy interior quality isn't an issue for other carmakers, it shouldn't be an issue for Saturn. Unless Saturn would like to remain completely incompetent in today's automotive market, that is.

I'd be more than willing to re-examine the Aura's interior when standard production models become available. Until then, the Aura I sat in was full of loose, ill-fitting switchgear, flimsy, insubstantial dash plastics and the most unconvincing wood trim of any current vehicle I've ever sat in. If these were merely pre-production issues, GM shouldn't have offered an Aura for people to sit in, especially with Honda and Toyota just a short walk away (you asked what I'm comparing it to).

I'll be sure to let you know when I drive one. Unfortunately, I doubt the Auras on display will inspire many others to do so.

Understand?

yeah you didnt like it.

that wasnt hard.

edit: the more i read it the less sense it makes to me though.

how is saturn completely incompetant? thats a bit harsh dont you think.

the "unconvincing" wood trim--is that compared to real wood or fake woods that you have seen? i find it surprising that this car can be racked with so many problems by your account. ill fitting switchgear?

i guess as far as an editorial/opinion goes i cant complainnot and not to bust your balls but all honda and all toyota? in your own humble opinion

this car is really a disaster...so much that you doubt it will inspire others to go out and get their own. i dont know about that.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

yeah you didnt like it.

that wasnt  hard.

edit:  the more i read it the less sense it makes to me though.

how is saturn completely incompetant?  thats a bit harsh dont you think.

the "unconvincing" wood trim--is that compared to real wood or fake woods that you have seen?  i find it surprising that this car can be racked with so many problems by your account.  ill fitting switchgear?

i guess as far as an editorial/opinion goes i cant complainnot and not to bust your balls but all honda and all toyota?  in your own humble opinion

this car is really a disaster...so much that you doubt it will inspire others to go out and get their own.  i dont know about that.

I think you're being a bit hard on him... I mean, I'm all for this car, but even you can see clearly from the above photo of the production version that the faux wood doesn't line up where the doors meet the dash, no?

Also, I can understand his comment re: the faux wood being unconvincing... compare this faux wood to that found in the 2007 Escalade or 2006 Buick Lucerne? I actually thought the Lucerne's wood was real when I saw it! It made me wonder, if they can make faux wood this realistic-looking, why don't they do it with other vehicles?

However, I refuse to pass final judgement on this car until I actually sit in a production version, drive it, and observe it's fit/finish, and driving characteristics myself. I really feel this car will be a winner.

I think you're being a bit hard on him... I mean, I'm all for this car, but even you can see clearly from the above photo of the production version that the faux wood doesn't line up where the doors meet the dash, no?

I believe that particular photo has been shown to be inaccurate. The wood does actually line-up from the dash to the doors in other pictures:

Posted Image

Wow, thanks for point that out. While it is a nice, somewhat different flair, I would rather have them be the same.

Wow, thanks for point that out.  While it is a nice, somewhat different flair, I would rather have them be the same.

While I thought it was weird at first, it makes sense. By giving the passenger side the vertical door pull (to close it, not open), it gives a totally flat armrest area without any "holes." If it was the same as the driver side it would have that same hole for the door pull. The driver's side can't have the vertical pull because all those buttons would not be visible.