Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cadillac CT6 Review Thread: Post Them ALL Here.

Getting back to the CT6

Anyone catch why the CT6 Hybrid is coming from China. The incentives from China are much better than the USA for new energy cars as they call it. 

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/29/gm-import-Cadillac-ct6-china/

It appears to be a real no brainer as why along with the the lower number of sales here. 

Yes, we did.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/_/news/cadillac/gm-plans-on-importing-ct6-plug-in-hybrid-from-china-r3292

It sounds like a great idea for China, IF they are getting their electricity from Three Gorges or some other hydroelectric project. If it comes from COAL?... not so much.

The real issue there is to get it to the people. Like us plug in's are not part of their infrastructure and it will take time to put them in. Also many of the people in metro areas live in apartments so where do you plug in? 

They have some things to work out just as we do. 

Now here our issue could be lack of power with the coal plants getting shut down and no Nukes being built along with increased demans. We already see brown outs in California in heat waves as it is now. 

The brown outs have nothing to do with coal generation capacity, it is hydro related.  California is in severe drought can you can't generate electricity from water if there is no water.

Natural gas is the biggest new generation capacity, however solar power in the US is growing fast.  Solar was 32% of the growth in generation in 2014, and with the renewal of the tax credits from the budget deal, it's only going to grow faster.

It sounds like a great idea for China, IF they are getting their electricity from Three Gorges or some other hydroelectric project. If it comes from COAL?... not so much.

The real issue there is to get it to the people. Like us plug in's are not part of their infrastructure and it will take time to put them in. Also many of the people in metro areas live in apartments so where do you plug in? 

They have some things to work out just as we do. 

Now here our issue could be lack of power with the coal plants getting shut down and no Nukes being built along with increased demans. We already see brown outs in California in heat waves as it is now. 

The brown outs have nothing to do with coal generation capacity, it is hydro related.  California is in severe drought can you can't generate electricity from water if there is no water.

Natural gas is the biggest new generation capacity, however solar power in the US is growing fast.  Solar was 32% of the growth in generation in 2014, and with the renewal of the tax credits from the budget deal, it's only going to grow faster.

I never said it had to do with coal but it does have to do with capacity to make power vs demand. The source around the country varies but the fact is we are way behinds on building new plants to make power and we are taking some of what we have off line with no way to replace them fast. 

It is not just Hydro but even Nuke was taken out with San Luis Obisbo going off line with no real replacement in sight,. 

Our country is so hung up about killing coal and Nukes and not really gotten around to real replacements to keep up with future demands. Most people are oblivious about it but it will come a time unless we add some more plants of some kind we will be hurting. 

Even some Hydro plants were taken our due to damns in poor condition. 

It is great to worry about plant conditions and the environment but you need to have a real plan in place before you eliminate one before the other. 

With the shear numbers of vehicles out there and if you plan to make a significant number of them electric someone better have a plan for more demand. Even with out the cars we have a need for increased power. 

Natural gas can be effected if they take out fracking and pipe lines. Also Solar is not going to save the day everywhere. Even wind has been proven as only a supplement as to do it all you would have to have so may wind mills that is would prove impractical. 

If Solar was the answer every power company would have Solar farms everywhere as what would help their bottom line the most than to make power with something they do not have to buy. Same with wind. 

Edited by hyperv6

Solar has been a failure here in AZ, which should be the leader a solar because of the disgusting climate, but it's been opposed every step of the way by the old-power dinosaurs like SRP and APS...corrupt, narrow-sighted companies with a vested interest in preserving the status quo..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Solar and Wind are actually the fastest growing energy segments currently.  Natural gas has the largest market share, but solar and wind are taking more and more of that each year.

The key with residential solar installations is that they also do a household energy audit to try to reduce household usage. That reduces usage growth while adding the additional capacity to the grid. 

Residential/commercial solar tied to the grid really is the way to go rather than large scale solar installations. That's the reason you don't see generation companies moving towards it... because it makes more sense to put the panels on the roof where it will be used instead of in some farmer's field a hundred miles away. 

Wind is different, but if we were to blanket the mid-west with turbines, we could power the entire country.  The mid-west is the Saudi Arabia of wind energy. 

Solar has been a failure here in AZ, which should be the preeminent leader in solar since it so sunny most of the year, but it's been opposed every step of the way by the old-power dinosaurs like SRP and APS...

Purely a regulatory thing rather than a technical one. 

Wind power seems to have some success in So Cal, I've driven past the huge wind farms along I-10 and I-8 for years...

Sure there are a lot of wind generators but no where enough to make a dent. 

I was reading how the Germans have abandon Wind for the most part as a primary source as they have found to make enough you would have to have so many generators that it is impractical. 

Solar and Wind are actually the fastest growing energy segments currently.  Natural gas has the largest market share, but solar and wind are taking more and more of that each year.

The key with residential solar installations is that they also do a household energy audit to try to reduce household usage. That reduces usage growth while adding the additional capacity to the grid. 

Residential/commercial solar tied to the grid really is the way to go rather than large scale solar installations. That's the reason you don't see generation companies moving towards it... because it makes more sense to put the panels on the roof where it will be used instead of in some farmer's field a hundred miles away. 

Wind is different, but if we were to blanket the mid-west with turbines, we could power the entire country.  The mid-west is the Saudi Arabia of wind energy. 

Solar has been a failure here in AZ, which should be the preeminent leader in solar since it so sunny most of the year, but it's been opposed every step of the way by the old-power dinosaurs like SRP and APS...

Wind and solar are growing but the reality is they are no where near replacing conventional means. 

One has to remember the Green movement is also a big money making venture where some date is accurate but so many are also selling pipe dreams too. 

When you say blanket what you leave out that means wind farms that would look like a forest of wind generators. Not only is it not real cost effective to build but also  becomes a ghastly sight and also in many areas impractical due to the cost of land that is taken up. It is not like a power plant with a bank of generators in one room and some flood gates to open. 

Also these things are not maintenance free. They take investment to keep them working and they also have issues like a run away blade that can shatter and do damage with the loss of the blade and if in a urban setting can become a killing object as some in Europe have suffered. 

Like many green plans they are ok for supplemental power but we are no where near ready to use them as a main supply. If that were true all the power companies would be investing in them now to a degree they would be dominate. As of now they have some support but not to the full degree some think. 

The Green industry is much like the hybrid cars. A compromise that may lead to a change at some  point but just not ready for the big time now. 

A lot of people can also not be trusted in the Green markets. Many have made a killing and let their companies die and investors hanging for the cost. Many have made a ton off off government subsidies but only to fail soon after getting the money. 

You really have to watch as we have our true Green People like Ed Begley Jr who walks the walk but then you have so many others like Al Gore or Maurice Strong who have done nothing but enrich themselves and continue to fly their private jets and buy bigger houses. Hey if they want to get rich that is fine but don't tell me to sacrifice and then you go about life at the fullest. Be like Ed and get a Bike to ride. 

I tire of the Hippocrates  in the green movement. I know there are some true to their word but so many fakes are there too. 

In the end like so many controversial social  topics that try to claim to be for the good of the people like those in plan parenthood, Legal Gambling. the environmental people and Legal drugs at their root is making a profit as all and each a lot of money can be easily made. Too often these people are not noble in their purists and we are left paying the bills of the government for supporting it.

It is like someone offering free collage. Sorry but it is not free and  you will be paying for it the rest of your life if it is offered. Like Higher wages lead to higher prices, More social programs or government funding lead to more taxes.  

Another one is E85. That is just another scam on the tax payers in the name of the environment. 

Edited by hyperv6

Wind power seems to have some success in So Cal, I've driven past the huge wind farms along I-10 and I-8 for years...

Sure there are a lot of wind generators but no where enough to make a dent. 

I was reading how the Germans have abandon Wind for the most part as a primary source as they have found to make enough you would have to have so many generators that it is impractical. 

Well, there may have been something lost in translation..... what's being dropped is the idea that in the future there will be a single primary source. (An idea I agree with)  Power generation is going to be much more diversified and flexible. They are continuing to install more wind generation still.

Germany has another issue though, and one that will begin to skew the stats very shortly.   Many of their wind farms (I'm reading up to 7,000 turbines total) are fast approaching their original 15 year expected service life.  So soon, that means they'll need to start the overhaul process of replacing these while also adding capacity, so going forward, they'll need 2,000 turbines a year to grow capacity by 1,000 turbines a year. 

Wind and solar are growing but the reality is they are no where near replacing conventional means. 

One has to remember the Green movement is also a big money making venture where some date is accurate but so many are also selling pipe dreams too. 

When you say blanket what you leave out that means wind farms that would look like a forest of wind generators. Not only is it not real cost effective to build but also  becomes a ghastly sight and also in many areas impractical due to the cost of land that is taken up. It is not like a power plant with a bank of generators in one room and some flood gates to open. 

Also these things are not maintenance free. They take investment to keep them working and they also have issues like a run away blade that can shatter and do damage with the loss of the blade and if in a urban setting can become a killing object as some in Europe have suffered. 

I never said they were on their way to displacing traditional generation, only that they are taking a larger and larger chunk of the new generation being added each year while coal plants get shut down. 

Your second paragraph of slippery slope is actually kind of amusing. The storage problem is being addressed by the likes of Telsa and a large number of far less PR-Tastic firms. The space issue is a non-issue in the midwest and indeed most of this country. Farmers that lease to wind farms generally get higher revenue per square foot from the turbine than they do from their crops... turbines have a very small footprint. 

Coal plants, nuke plants, and gas turbine plants all have far far higher maintenance costs than wind farms and that's even before getting to the fuel. 

As for cost, on-shore wind is on-par with advanced-cycle Natural gas (the most expensive to build, but most efficient to run) and that is primarily due to the low price of the fuel at the moment. Wind is cheaper than conventional cycle natural gas generation.  Wind is now the second cheapest generation out there behind advanced-cycle natural gas, again entirely dependent on the price of the fuel.  Cheaper than coal, cheaper than nukes..... the only thing that would beat wind at this point is Geothermal, however there is no wide-spread installations of that going on in the US.   There are now more solar jobs in the US than there are oil and gas drilling jobs.

Again... I work in the energy industry for one of the largest players out there. The trend lines are pretty clear.

• Agree 1

Well no matter how you want to present it even as supplementary power it will still take a lot of windmills and solar panels to make a dent in this problem. 

Just look at the number of windmills you gave for Germany. That is not a large areas and much of the southern end is mountains. Even then you state the needed growth. 

I saw a report a while ago stating how large wind farms would need to be in many areas and I just don't see it happening. I know they are making more every day as I see them pass on I76 daily and have friends that make bearings for them. But I just don't see it. 

We still have a lot of work to do and I really do not believe any options should be removed till we get there including coal.

If you work in the energy field then you know how many panels and wind mills it will take to just even supplement what we are losing with regulations.  It will make us wish for the time when all we had were cell towers littering the landscape. 

Again there is truth and lies on both sides here because of the money involved. 

Few are doing green energy because they want to feel good. 

7,000 is just the ones that are nearing the end of their lives and need to be replaced. There are over 30k windmills operating in Germany now.

We're taking past each other here. Renewable energy is the future, but there is no single technology that will become the dominant player. The future involves wind AND solar AND geothermal AND hydro all coming together to displace fossil fuels as the primary source of electricity. Germany knows it, the US knows it, China knows it.

Every day we get a little closer to that tipping point. It won't happen for a while, but it will happen within our expected lifetimes... And probably a lot sooner than we think.

The biggest hold up in the US is the utility companies. They pressure state legislatures into passing laws restricting grid tie in by home owners and 3rd party renewable generation. Florida Power and Light just got the legislature to greatly hinder solar energy installations.... In The Sunshine State no less...

Yeah, sometimes I think about Alberta Oil (being up here)...

and I realize it's staving off the inevitable. 

Inevitably, Canada might be left flat-footed, deep into oil sands without much investment into renewables.

But anyways, the tie in to plug-in CT6. It's probably going to spank the 7 Series Plug-In. I expect the plug-in to get 35 miles range and full range with gas above 450 miles, and like 95 mpg-e on flowing electrons.

Now, given how Lexus is actually going to make the LC, which is better looking that the LF-LC... so kinda hoping Caddy one-ups the El Miraj. 

Will the V8 trim bring some more concept looky bits to the CT6? I noticed how I love the grille with the fewer slats on the CT6 trims that are Luxury and Premium Luxury more than the Platinum one. Actually the Platinum grille looks just weird from head-on? Not weird, but busy... and it's got like organic lines in the slats while the rest of the car is hard creases, angles and lines. I dunno. AutoShow will seal the deal.

And then sure-enough, imagining a black mesh grille and boom the car instantly looks like the El Miraj. Why wouldn't a mesh grille be offered? Alright, another mod I would do. First get the Fleetwood badge. Then change the grille. And then source a V-Series Caddy Crest that is smaller. Instant betterfication.

Also, what happened to the burl wood trim, the one that was on the pre-production models? You know that one that no one likes? I happen to like the reddish-tinted burl wood trim the most. 

And how come on the configuration...you can't spec the car to have wood trim on both the large piece of trim and the smaller accent trim? It's either matte/piano, wood/matte, wood/piano, wood/carbon, carbon/carbon or carbon/piano. But no wood/wood.

Would'ya wood up the interior with some more wood, would'ya?

7,000 is just the ones that are nearing the end of their lives and need to be replaced. There are over 30k windmills operating in Germany now.

We're taking past each other here. Renewable energy is the future, but there is no single technology that will become the dominant player. The future involves wind AND solar AND geothermal AND hydro all coming together to displace fossil fuels as the primary source of electricity. Germany knows it, the US knows it, China knows it.

Every day we get a little closer to that tipping point. It won't happen for a while, but it will happen within our expected lifetimes... And probably a lot sooner than we think.

The biggest hold up in the US is the utility companies. They pressure state legislatures into passing laws restricting grid tie in by home owners and 3rd party renewable generation. Florida Power and Light just got the legislature to greatly hinder solar energy installations.... In The Sunshine State no less...

well here in Ohio the hang up is few people want them, They are ok with them if they do not have to look at them or are close enough to hear them, 

Several farms in north west Ohio have been delayed or possibly by now eliminated due to locals fighting them. 

Renewable energy is  fine for places like Japan. But for countries like us and other places we are not to the point where we are going to run out soon. The only reason some options are off the table are because of government regulation. Much of this is due to global warming that is often pressed by people making large amounts of money in the green sector.  

As for if global warming is proven or not either side has not proven a thing beyond a doubt. I know everyone has opinions and their own proof but to this point neither side has conclusive proof. But that is an argument for an other day. The fact is lobbyist are what have driven the EPA regulations more than anything and many are driven not by being just good citizens but to make money. 

Maurice Strong stated this and has made billions then hiding away from the public in of all places China. 

At this point we have beat this into the ground. There will be a lot of changes both ways on this topic as I see it far from settles. The not in my back yard thinking is yet to really be tested on wind and the Solar Panels are not something many will invest in very soon for their homes. Hell just look at the roofs in the winter of the folks who just do not insulate like they should. 

The Fight for the Nexus gas pipe line here in Ohio is just a hint as the wind mills.. People are ok with it till they find it is going by their house. Most have no clue about them and yet still fight them. You may be able to plant them in the middle of Ely NV but in most other areas where many people live they are not going to want them or see them daily. Just look at the fight over cell towers. We have one city here that wants them disguised as large trees. 

I am sure will see more but it is far from a slam dunk. 

There are only one large one along lake Erie. It is at a Science center and is only one. There was one other and it was a prototype and was at one time the worlds largest blade at NASA in Sandusky. I believe it has been torn down. I have not heard much in the way of plans to build more here in the near future. 

Edited by hyperv6

Burlwood is still available. Its in the Premium trim. I don't kno if it is in the Platinum tho

I would like to see them offer a good choice of wood in the car so people could tailor their own look. Not everyone likes the same wood trim. Also other options like a Carbon etc would be nice. 

I hope on the CT8 they make it to where you can get some custome colors and materials done like on some of the higher end cars. Make it an extra cost options and offer it to those who want it. 

Kind of a variation of the Build your own Z06 engine only you choose your trim and color. Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari and some others offer this. 

Edited by hyperv6

GM needs to have 3rd party Certified GM parts players. This way GM does not have to get involved past 2-3 types of wood, Carbon fiber, etc. Small quantity use of parts like this can get expensive for a company like GM. Yet this is a perfect job for a small company at a higher price to do.

Before anyone says there are 3rd party suppliers, lest I remind you that many 3rd party suppliers have terrible fit n finish. A certified program would guarantee tight fit n finish.

I went to the STL Auto Show this weekend and there was no CT6... I was quite disappointed but I hadn't realized how large the CTS is now either. The first CTS that I saw I briskly walked over to it and realized it was a CTS not a CT6. The CTS is a very large car now, imo. Good looking, and large. 

They did have an ATS-V and CTS-V. :D 

I think Mazda would be a perfect fit too.  I think there would be good synergy there.  Maybe Mazda could use the upcoming Wrangler pickup platform for a reintroduction of their B series. 

Mazda really have nothing like jeep or Ram and it would be good for them. Mazda also could supply better platforms than Fiat has and let Chrysler and Dodge continue to do the larger RWD cars and the minivans. 

This is a move I would do if I were to save FCA. 

I would also tone down the Alfa and Maserati attack and just focus on high end cars that would do well in Europe for Alfa and Maserati in America. 

Leverage the plants for Jeep and Mazda in Europe to cut the over capacity and need to import. 

Not sure what to do with Fiat. It might not hurt to let Mazda take over their direction. This way they would end up with a better car and one that may also do well in Japan. If Mazda touches it the people of Japan may be attracted to it as they love small and home brewed but with a twist. How more niche can you get than Italian heritage and Japan quality. 

yes, Mazda has been my top choice too.  i just think there is so much they could offer each other to make each that much stronger. 

Burlwood is still available. Its in the Premium trim. I don't kno if it is in the Platinum tho

I would like to see them offer a good choice of wood in the car so people could tailor their own look. Not everyone likes the same wood trim. Also other options like a Carbon etc would be nice. 

I hope on the CT8 they make it to where you can get some custome colors and materials done like on some of the higher end cars. Make it an extra cost options and offer it to those who want it. 

Kind of a variation of the Build your own Z06 engine only you choose your trim and color. Rolls, Bentley, Ferrari and some others offer this. 

Cadillac already offers alternate wood or CF trim kits that can be installed when you buy the car. It's been in the build and price tool since the ATS and CTS came out, or maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I agree the flagship Caddy should offer "boutique" style ordering. I believe that's the term for it, where you pick the materials and finishes individually.

well here in Ohio the hang up is few people want them, They are ok with them if they do not have to look at them or are close enough to hear them, 

Several farms in north west Ohio have been delayed or possibly by now eliminated due to locals fighting them. 

Renewable energy is  fine for places like Japan. But for countries like us and other places we are not to the point where we are going to run out soon. The only reason some options are off the table are because of government regulation. Much of this is due to global warming that is often pressed by people making large amounts of money in the green sector.  

As for if global warming is proven or not either side has not proven a thing beyond a doubt. I know everyone has opinions and their own proof but to this point neither side has conclusive proof. But that is an argument for an other day. The fact is lobbyist are what have driven the EPA regulations more than anything and many are driven not by being just good citizens but to make money. 

Maurice Strong stated this and has made billions then hiding away from the public in of all places China. 

At this point we have beat this into the ground. There will be a lot of changes both ways on this topic as I see it far from settles. The not in my back yard thinking is yet to really be tested on wind and the Solar Panels are not something many will invest in very soon for their homes. Hell just look at the roofs in the winter of the folks who just do not insulate like they should. 

The Fight for the Nexus gas pipe line here in Ohio is just a hint as the wind mills.. People are ok with it till they find it is going by their house. Most have no clue about them and yet still fight them. You may be able to plant them in the middle of Ely NV but in most other areas where many people live they are not going to want them or see them daily. Just look at the fight over cell towers. We have one city here that wants them disguised as large trees. 

There are only one large one along lake Erie. It is at a Science center and is only one. There was one other and it was a prototype and was at one time the worlds largest blade at NASA in Sandusky. I believe it has been torn down. I have not heard much in the way of plans to build more here in the near future. 

I do not understand your "well, we are fine now so why bother" attitude. While I agree that the "global warming" or climate change nonsense can be just that, nonsense, you can't NOT be pro-active with expanding our sources of energy, especially when they can be far more plentiful, less dangerous to acquire (looking at you coal and oil) and are not so financially tied to outside forces like the Middle East that can dictate what we pay for fuel that there is supposedly plenty of, according to you. Sorry, but most of the objections to energy sources like wind and solar are bore out of pure ignorance and a smear campaign by the old guard like Duke Energy. For the record, my dad worked for them for over thirty years and knew first hand how much campaigning they did against renewable energy that they were not involved in. This is the time to be pro-active with alternative sources of energy so that we are not literally bent over an oil barrel during the next Middle East crisis or world economic downturn.

I just don't want Mazda mixed up with this Sergio guy.. Mazda seems to be putting out spectacular vehicles for their respective classes. They don't need to screw anything up now. 

Don't do it Mazda.

If a deal is stuck it would be with out old Serg. He is retiring soon and I do not expect he will be part of the play.

Cadillac already offers alternate wood or CF trim kits that can be installed when you buy the car. It's been in the build and price tool since the ATS and CTS came out, or maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I agree the flagship Caddy should offer "boutique" style ordering. I believe that's the term for it, where you pick the materials and finishes individually.

"boutique" that is the word I was trying to think of. Yes and at GM I would call it the Art and Color program like the old Harley Earl terms that fit with the Arts and Science of Cadillac.

I do not understand your "well, we are fine now so why bother" attitude. While I agree that the "global warming" or climate change nonsense can be just that, nonsense, you can't NOT be pro-active with expanding our sources of energy, especially when they can be far more plentiful, less dangerous to acquire (looking at you coal and oil) and are not so financially tied to outside forces like the Middle East that can dictate what we pay for fuel that there is supposedly plenty of, according to you. Sorry, but most of the objections to energy sources like wind and solar are bore out of pure ignorance and a smear campaign by the old guard like Duke Energy. For the record, my dad worked for them for over thirty years and knew first hand how much campaigning they did against renewable energy that they were not involved in. This is the time to be pro-active with alternative sources of energy so that we are not literally bent over an oil barrel during the next Middle East crisis or world economic downturn.

Here is the deal. 

#1 I am not totally against looking to other practical means to make power. 

#2 We are not out of oil or natural gas anything in our life time so we have time to really sort things out. Also I am all for working to make coal cleaner at a lower cost. Coal is cheap and plentiful but the regulations make it expensive. 

#3 We are tied to the middle east no matter what. The dollar is based on Oil not the gold standard. The market globally effects prices. The US and Canada produce the vast majority of what we use and only the east coast near the water uses middle east oil. 

#4 There are so many lies and distortions that have convinced we are free of the middle east if we go all in on all these other deals. Well getting oil free is going to take much more time and a lot more technology. Like the EV car it is a slow growth market and a half million wind mills are not going to do it even in combination with a lot of other things easily or cheap. 

#5 look at the loans the department of energy is giving. So many are going to companies that get the money and vanish. The green initiative to many is a way to get a government loan and be set for life. Even follow what Elon Musk is doing and he is making most of his money on government loans and government contracts with all his firms. Shewed yes but costing tax payers billions. 

I agree with you to be proactive but don't kill the coal plants till they have been replaced with a cost effective alternative. Don't down nuke plants that are viable yet till you have a replacement ready.  Even our government has stated we are growing usage faster than we are bring new sources on line. The panels and wind mills are not going to do it. If not for natural gas we would be screwed right now with the coal shut downs. 

Mine and everyone in my area got a bump in electricity cost when they make these changes and I am not happy. 

So yes I am all with you on being proactive. No I am not sold on Solar and Wind. 

We have a deep lime stone mine here they have talked Hydro for many years by dropping water through turbines and in the shaft. It has been a great idea but no one moves on it. It is all underground and already dug out. It is a matter of pumps and turbines for the most part but yet no one moves on it. Why because there are no big money people behind it. 

Today in my paper they are questioning the financial strength of my power company now. Also their systems are all in need of repair on top of all this other crap being forced on them. 

My point is work on this perfect it then remove what we have. So not start removing things and then say lets figure this out and charge the tax payers to cover it. 

Yes we have time to do it and do it right. 

So we need to convert coal to Natural Gas, a logical stepping stone. Increase the capacity of solar and wind, plus make ALL homes being built now required to have Solar roofs so they can help generate their own power plus return to the grid what is not used or needed.

We can improve all this buy cutting half the military bases around the world and stop being the global police man and let the Arabs protect their own oil to market. Plus the east coast based on the last few years are not using Arab oil. The US is self sufficient using Tar sand oil and US pumped crude. We do not even bring in oil from Venezuela any longer. Let them figure it out on funding themselves and lets focus on rebuilding america strong. Put the soldiers from the closed bases on the border to keep illegals out. Rebuild a smart grid, updated water and sewer systems. Roads, etc. We can be strong but it comes from investing in ourselves and paying down debt.

Yes we have climate change, to off set this we need to find better, smarter ways. Auto's are not the polluting pigs they once were, but can still get cleaner. Yet we have plenty of other options. All trains need to convert their diesel generators to CNG or LNG. All long haul trucks should also be CNG/LNG. 

So how does this rant really come full circle to the CT6?

Simple, we can and should have this luxury bad boy as a Hybrid, pure EV and alternative fuel such as BioDiesel or CNG.

Anyone who wants clean, safe, abundant energy should be singing nuclear power from the rooftops. Nothing comes close to the efficiency and power yield. The only obstacle is the irrational fear of radiation and meltdown. Japan's reactor failure after the tsunami was a fluke and not a single casualty or radiation sickness was recorded.

Anyway, screw efficiency, I can't wait to hear more about the CT6 V8 model. Cadillac is starting to shape up a solid arsenal of bespoke engines.

So we need to convert coal to Natural Gas, a logical stepping stone. Increase the capacity of solar and wind, plus make ALL homes being built now required to have Solar roofs so they can help generate their own power plus return to the grid what is not used or needed.

We can improve all this buy cutting half the military bases around the world and stop being the global police man and let the Arabs protect their own oil to market. Plus the east coast based on the last few years are not using Arab oil. The US is self sufficient using Tar sand oil and US pumped crude. We do not even bring in oil from Venezuela any longer. Let them figure it out on funding themselves and lets focus on rebuilding america strong. Put the soldiers from the closed bases on the border to keep illegals out. Rebuild a smart grid, updated water and sewer systems. Roads, etc. We can be strong but it comes from investing in ourselves and paying down debt.

Yes we have climate change, to off set this we need to find better, smarter ways. Auto's are not the polluting pigs they once were, but can still get cleaner. Yet we have plenty of other options. All trains need to convert their diesel generators to CNG or LNG. All long haul trucks should also be CNG/LNG. 

So how does this rant really come full circle to the CT6?

Simple, we can and should have this luxury bad boy as a Hybrid, pure EV and alternative fuel such as BioDiesel or CNG.

Well we pulled back from the Middle East now and you can see what has happened. At this point I am not sure peace will return and it is a matter of time before we have WW III. The fact is stability was because of our ability to help in force it in one of the most unstable parts of the world. We had to in protecting the economy. Even if we are not there to protect the oil the volatility of oil prices because of the middle east could crash our dollar. Like it or not what happened there with or with out us effects thing here at home. that is the problem the global economy is based on oil. This is part of the power play to go to non oil energy as they can change the balance of power in the world. 

A slow change from oil can be sustained by the dollar but a fast change could really kill the value of our currency. 

Just look at the value of or dollar when we were producing oil. Now the price is down buy Saudis flooding the market it has killed the value of the dollar and our oil. Now keep in mind the Saudi's do it to keep the family in control of their country. Now that Iran has Iraq and money are no longer cut off form exporting oil they can do more damage to our economy. Thanks present admin.  I just love now how Kerry said yes some of the money we gave back will go to terror groups. 

There is just a lot more involved with this vs. what many people understand. The mess started under Nixon and the change in our currency. Since then it has empowered oil to contol our economy. How better to bring harm to our economy. Drive up the price of oil and kill production and transportation in this country. 

There is still a lot more to this and few people know or understand. And do not expect the government to explain it either. 

I just don't want Mazda mixed up with this Sergio guy.. Mazda seems to be putting out spectacular vehicles for their respective classes. They don't need to screw anything up now. 

Don't do it Mazda. 

Unfotunately mazda doesn't have the sales channels they need to really get those great cars moving though.  this is another place a merger would greatly help Mazda.  they would still be making the same vehicles and have the added bonus of making additional models for Chrysler, dodge etc to ammortize their own and maximize the use of their available production capacity.  Same is true the other way around too.  Could you Imagine what mazda could do with the Guilla's (or however yo spell it) new platform?  Zoom Zoom indeed. 

Here is the deal. 

#2 We are not out of oil or natural gas anything in our life time so we have time to really sort things out. Also I am all for working to make coal cleaner at a lower cost. Coal is cheap and plentiful but the regulations make it expensive. 

#3 We are tied to the middle east no matter what. The dollar is based on Oil not the gold standard. The market globally effects prices. The US and Canada produce the vast majority of what we use and only the east coast near the water uses middle east oil. 

#4 There are so many lies and distortions that have convinced we are free of the middle east if we go all in on all these other deals. Well getting oil free is going to take much more time and a lot more technology. Like the EV car it is a slow growth market and a half million wind mills are not going to do it even in combination with a lot of other things easily or cheap. 

#5 look at the loans the department of energy is giving. So many are going to companies that get the money and vanish. The green initiative to many is a way to get a government loan and be set for life. Even follow what Elon Musk is doing and he is making most of his money on government loans and government contracts with all his firms. Shewed yes but costing tax payers billions. 

I agree with you to be proactive but don't kill the coal plants till they have been replaced with a cost effective alternative. Don't down nuke plants that are viable yet till you have a replacement ready.  Even our government has stated we are growing usage faster than we are bring new sources on line. The panels and wind mills are not going to do it. If not for natural gas we would be screwed right now with the coal shut downs. 

Mine and everyone in my area got a bump in electricity cost when they make these changes and I am not happy. 

So yes I am all with you on being proactive. No I am not sold on Solar and Wind. 

We have a deep lime stone mine here they have talked Hydro for many years by dropping water through turbines and in the shaft. It has been a great idea but no one moves on it. It is all underground and already dug out. It is a matter of pumps and turbines for the most part but yet no one moves on it. Why because there are no big money people behind it. 

Today in my paper they are questioning the financial strength of my power company now. Also their systems are all in need of repair on top of all this other crap being forced on them. 

My point is work on this perfect it then remove what we have. So not start removing things and then say lets figure this out and charge the tax payers to cover it. 

Everything that you say alternative power needs to do is being blocked by old school power. Not sure why that is so hard to understand here. The pieces are there but industries like coal don't want them in place for obvious reasons. Old school power has sucked up far more of our tax dollars than solar or wind could ever hope to, so I am not even sure why you think it is relevant, just because of a couple of crappy loans to companies like Solyndra. Newsflash, Oil and Coal have been pissing away our money for years (mostly fighting alternative power) and no one has said a word.

Edited by surreal1272

Here is the deal. 

Everything that you say alternative power needs to do is being blocked by old school power. Not sure why that is so hard to understand here. The pieces are there but industries like coal don't want them in place for obvious reasons. Old school power has sucked up far more of our tax dollars than solar or wind could ever hope to, so I am not even sure why you think it is relevant, just because of a couple of crappy loans to companies like Solyndra. Newsflash, Oil and Coal have been pissing away our money for years (mostly fighting alternative power) and no one has said a word.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

FYI it was more than a couple crappy loans. These are just the ones that made the headlines. It is just one way of pissing money but many have turned it into an industry with this.

I just like to have a real plan before I walk down a blind alley.

Here is the deal. If you have a better way then people should flock to it. As of now it is cleaner but not cheaper or better. Do the latter and you should have no problem attracting customers. Forcing crap on people is no way to bring in new technology.

I would rather see them use the space program like they did in the 60's and 70's to develop new technology. NASA is trying to bring the Mars program to do this but they have so little support. Much of the technology you want to use now was from the moon program. The space programs are not about where you are going but about the technology getting there. More would be gained from this and applied to our daily lives more than anything else and help drive up the technology and drive down cost.

It is what it is. Don't cut off your gangrene foot till you have a real way to stop the bleeding or it matter little how infected it is.

Move with a measured and balanced approach not force. Work smarter not harder.

Edited by hyperv6

Here is the deal. 

You have your opinion and I have mine.

FYI it was more than a couple crappy loans. These are just the ones that made the headlines. It is just one way of pissing money but many have turned it into an industry with this.

I just like to have a real plan before I walk down a blind alley.

Here is the deal. If you have a better way then people should flock to it. As of now it is cleaner but not cheaper or better. Do the latter and you should have no problem attracting customers. Forcing crap on people is no way to bring in new technology.

I would rather see them use the space program like they did in the 60's and 70's to develop new technology. NASA is trying to bring the Mars program to do this but they have so little support. Much of the technology you want to use now was from the moon program. The space programs are not about where you are going but about the technology getting there. More would be gained from this and applied to our daily lives more than anything else and help drive up the technology and drive down cost.

It is what it is. Don't cut off your gangrene foot till you have a real way to stop the bleeding or it matter little how infected it is.

Move with a measured and balanced approach not force. Work smarter not harder.

Most of what I am saying is not "opinion" though Hyper. It is a fact that traditional power companies have tried (and succeeded for the most part) in blocking any real attempts at renewable energy, especially when they can't make any money from it. Like Balthazar said, the local power companies here (APS and SRP) have constricted any real growth in Solar in a state with 330 sunny days a year. Just think about that for a minute. The Gangrene, in this case, is old school power and it is time to start cutting that off when there are actually better solutions out there.

Edited by surreal1272

And that is your opinion.

Hey I am not trying to change your view I am ok if that is how you feel just respect that I have my own view and it is not the same vision.

While I am not a Tea Party guy I do agree you can not and should not executive order or legislate everything on the American people. That is not we were built on and we should not adopt it now. 

I do believe government and companies should work together better with realistic plans that bring improvement but do not impact the consumer near as much. 

They call it the Squeeze and people are tired of it. That is why we are seeing people like Trump do as well as he has been even when he shoots himself in the foot. Fact is none of the people running are deserving of the office. But that is another argument for another day. 

The bottom line is I am not trying to change your mind. As for my beliefs they are not going to change either. 

Don't do it Mazda. 

Unfotunately mazda doesn't have the sales channels they need to really get those great cars moving though.  this is another place a merger would greatly help Mazda.  they would still be making the same vehicles and have the added bonus of making additional models for Chrysler, dodge etc to ammortize their own and maximize the use of their available production capacity.  Same is true the other way around too.  Could you Imagine what mazda could do with the Guilla's (or however yo spell it) new platform?  Zoom Zoom indeed. 

Well my thought is you do not keep them apart. 

First you get Segio out and put the company in able hands. 

Second you merge the FCA dealers and Mazda dealers to cover the needed areas. Let the mazda cars be the car lines with FWD, Then you give Chrysler/Dodge the RWD, mini vans and the larger SUV models along with Ram and Truck. Also you sell the Fiat line in the same dealers and not force the dealers to have a separate place. This would take the pressure off Fiat trying to be so many different cars. Just let them be a Fiat 500 with a couple variations and let it be. Let Mazda take over the engineering of them too. 

The better dealers in each state could do Maserati and Alfa. They are less needed as they are low volume so one per so many large cities in each state. 

The key it to fix the FCA management and get them all on one page for all divisions and not so focused on the Italian brands to the point it kills the company. The Italian brands are supplemental not primary and it will always be that way in North America. 

Hey I am not trying to change your view I am ok if that is how you feel just respect that I have my own view and it is not the same vision.

While I am not a Tea Party guy I do agree you can not and should not executive order or legislate everything on the American people. That is not we were built on and we should not adopt it now. 

I do believe government and companies should work together better with realistic plans that bring improvement but do not impact the consumer near as much. 

They call it the Squeeze and people are tired of it. That is why we are seeing people like Trump do as well as he has been even when he shoots himself in the foot. Fact is none of the people running are deserving of the office. But that is another argument for another day. 

The bottom line is I am not trying to change your mind. As for my beliefs they are not going to change either. 

I will respect your opinion but I will not just call what I said opinion when most of what I said is a known fact. Having a dad work for one of those dinosaur companies and knowing what they own and what they have blocked when there was no money to be made for them gives me a least a little more insight on this. There is plenty of evidence to back this up. Just saying. These beliefs are not very helpful if you are only going to acknowledge part of the problem and part of the facts. 

Again, we will agree to disagree though. No worries on my end.

I will respect your opinion but I will not just call what I said opinion when most of what I said is a known fact. Having a dad work for one of those dinosaur companies and knowing what they own and what they have blocked when there was no money to be made for them gives me a least a little more insight on this. There is plenty of evidence to back this up. Just saying. These beliefs are not very helpful if you are only going to acknowledge part of the problem and part of the facts. 

Again, we will agree to disagree though. No worries on my end.

The problem is you are only looking at one side. There is a lot of lies, blocking and lobbing on both sides and it all comes down to who is going to make the money, The think is your green agenda people are not all in for just saving the world. Most are in to make a buck and they will lie and cheat their way just as the old school people do. 

This is big picture stuff and you have to account for all of it. 

I can see you miss some of it as how you think that if we isolate ourselves from middle east oil we are safe. We could be all solar and wind yet the dollar could drop like a rock due to oil that we do not even use. That is one key for us even if we stop using it we still need to produce it as not to kill out economy. Production as the Saudi's prove can control the value of many things and not just oil. 

You really also should read up as to just how little Middle East oil we do use. 

All this as people now are making billions on carbon trading a commodity that is really made up and is doing more damage to our economy than anything. Again read up on Maurice Strong. He has recently died but his legacy lives on.