Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mercedez Benz News Rumorpile: Details Spill Out On Mercedes-Benz's Truck

We are still a few years out before Mercedes-Benz launches their new midsize truck, but new details have come out about the model.

CarAdvice got some information from an insider at a recent design forum in Australia. First, Mercedes will be calling the truck either X-Class or Z-Class. It seems the automaker is leaning towards X since it brings up images of ruggedness.

The truck will only be offered in a crew-cab variation which allows Mercedes not to spend a lot of time developing a regular or extended cab variations. It also gives Mercedes the ability to distance their truck from the Nissan Navara - the model which Mercedes is using as a base for their truck.

“Yes, to come to an attractive price we are using a common platform, but all the rest is done by Mercedes – to design, to develop the vehicle specifically to meet Mercedes criteria,” said Daimler board member Thomas Weber at the Detroit Auto Show.

There will three trim levels ranging from standard work truck to a fully-loaded model with all of the luxuries. Two diesel engines; a turbocharged 2.3L four-cylinder (188 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque) and a turbocharged six-cylinder (255 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque) will be on offer. A part-time four-wheel drive system will be standard on the base and mid-level model. The top trim model gets a full-time system.

One question still up in the air is whether or not the U.S. will get this truck. Then Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Steve Cannon expressed interest in selling it here and that a final decision is expected sometime this year.

Source: CarAdvice

View full article

I think they should give it a word name and sell it under Mercedes-Benz Vans with Sprinter and Metris.  Quite a lot of torque from the diesels, could do well for the commercial buyer.  If they sell it in the USA, I hope it is at the Sprinter dealers, and not with the passenger car line.

I've only ever seen combo sprinter / car dealerships. Local mega-brand MB dealer likes to line up 10 or 12 sprinters right up front, next to s- and e-class sedans. Can't tell if it's a luxury dealership or a rental truck lot.

- - - - - 

THis is HILARIOUS. Moneybags Daimler is buying a nissan frame, not offering either a regular or ext cab, and there's NO V-8??? Have they even LOOKED at the truck segment?

If they are going after the consumer rather than commercial market, it makes sense to do only a crew cab..I rarely see regular or extended cabs anymore, and some pickups don't offer regular cabs anymore..and why would they offer a V8?  The Colorado/Canyon, Frontier, and Tacoma don't offer V8s..this is going to be a midsize, since they mentioned the Navara (Frontier). 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

It's going to be a Mercedes competitor to the GMC Denali Canyon with DuraMax.

Interesting. Actually Daimler, the company's parent owns a lot of fleet vehicle companies, such as mass-transit solution providers...

So them having another vehicle for commercial use, notably a truck isn't out of the realm of something I would expect.

But SMK always says an auto is $h! if it does not have a V8!

So this Truck will be $h! from the Get Go after all it is NOT a REAL MB but a rebadge Nissan!

On top of this, never seen a Sprinter dealership in my life, as Balthazar has stated, I only find MB Dealerships with the Sprinter vans out front next to the S, E, C, etc. class of auto. 

So being the German Version of Chevy, this should fit right in for the RedNeck buyers next to the Sprinter Family haulers.

Yeah, the largest MB dealership in Canada (I believe) has two lots. One in front has all the top end cars easily visible.

But then you cut across from the adjacent parking lot of the Canadian Tire - and you see how the floor space of the dealer is like a hangar... and all the way back, through the other side is all the commercial vans, and the opposite of that wall is a horizontal line of perpendicular spots that is hidden from the main street overlooking the property.

They go to great lengths to hide the fact that those things are sold there.

Ever heard of Orion buses? A Daimler Company, now defunct. But yeah, the same company that powered mass-transit in Toronto also makes Mercedes cars, the anti-thesis of cheap wheels.

Of course buyers do not know, and if someone told them, they would not care. Loyalty. That...damn. 

One of Az's largest M-B dealers usually has a row of a 15 or so Sprinters facing the freeway, w cars and SUVs on the building forecourt which is slightly elevated and also visible from the freeway...but the M-B dealer near my house in Phoenix and the one in downtown Scottsdale near my office don't seem to have any visible Sprinter presence...

Sprinter vans aside, and other commercial stuff that Mercedes produces, is this pick-up truck a competitor to the Chevy Colorado work truck or is it a GMC Sierra Denali/Cadillac Escalade EXT type vehicle?

Because as a commercial medium duty truck, it makes sense for Mercedes to do this, especially using a Nissan, but if this is to impress the blue bloods, it is asinine, especially using a Nissan platform.

If they want to go the Lincoln Blackwood route, maybe a pure bespoke M-B chassis would be better suited...

Whatever I says, not that Id be impressed with it either way.

I am not a truck guy, I dont really care.

But I got to laugh at the ridiculous rate Mercedes Benz wants to whore itself unto every possible real or imagined niche there is.

GIF-Amused-cute-girl-happy-laugh-laughin

Yes Ms. Temple,  it is quite a silly and embarrassing idea, isn't it ???!!!

Edited by oldshurst442

Canyon Denali competitor if it comes to the US, maybe VW Anorak competitor in Europe.

That is what I was thinking....

I do find it a great idea for the work truck thing for Europe.

Actually, I might even say its about bloody time!

M-B produces some pretty mighty, hefty work horses for Europe and 3rd world countries.

A European market knows how rugged those commercial trucks are. And deep rooted in European history going far back before WW2...so a light to medium pick-up truck to claim market share form Toyota Hilux, Mazda B2000, Nissan Navarro (which ironically underpins this new thing) and VW Amarok is a smart move...

But...to offer this in North America would be quite silly and embarrassing in any which form.

Hypocritical you are calling me because its OK for GM and GMC and Cadillac and Lincoln?

Well...just like M-B has a deep rooted history for work and military trucks in Europe, as does GM with Chevy and GMC along with Ford in North America.

Also...Lincoln and Cadillac no longer offer pick-up trucks, the Caddy EXT/Avalanche was sold as a SUV but one could argue it was a pick-up truck more than it was a SUV... Ford and GMC/Chevy has an image of blue collar people...selling a Denali to these people is akin to what M-B is in Europe...is contradictory to M-B's image in North America is what Im saying.

Edited by oldshurst442

I think its because I have never equated pick-up trucks, SUVs, CUVs as status symbols.  Even the Escalade.

I have always view these vehicles as work vehicles, tools. Appliances for hard work. Blue collar stuff.

The off-roading 4x4s as enthusiast toys. Sure...those can be status symbols, but not of the snobby kind. Because mud is the farthest to aristocracy  in my mind.

To each his own.

I will continue to laugh at what this world and this society has become.

At one time in the distant past, trucks and SUVs were strictly work trucks..they still are for some. But for most buyers, they are family haulers and upscale commuter vehicles--go-to-work vehicles...office parking garages and lots are full of them...over the last 2 decades or so they have largely replaced full size cars and wagons. I more BMW, Merc, etc SUVs than sedans in a typical week..

I've only ever seen combo sprinter / car dealerships. Local mega-brand MB dealer likes to line up 10 or 12 sprinters right up front, next to s- and e-class sedans. Can't tell if it's a luxury dealership or a rental truck lot.

- - - - - 

THis is HILARIOUS. Moneybags Daimler is buying a nissan frame, not offering either a regular or ext cab, and there's NO V-8??? Have they even LOOKED at the truck segment?

Considering they would compete with Tacoma and Colorado, I don't see why they would need a V8.  And 406 lb-ft of torque is a lot more than either of those two offer.

I am not sure why they are even bothering with a pickup, except for that it is a popular and profitable body style and they probably see the ability to make money.  I think they should stick to cars and vans though,

I am not sure why they are even bothering with a pickup, except for that it is a popular and profitable body style and they probably see the ability to make money.  I think they should stick to cars and vans though,

More niches to exploit...if it's successful, they can add more variations..I'm sure they will figure out a 'coupe' version, an AMG version, etc...  (I have seen a black Sprinter w/ AMG badging around here, but that's aftermarket modded..)

I will say this, there are people that spend $50-60k on Silverado High Country or F150 King Ranch trucks.  Pick up truck buyers aren't shy about spending a lot on their truck.  Where as a luxury car buyer might make $180k, but only buy a $60k E-class, I think there are pickup buyers making $50k a year buying a $50k pickup.   Truck people will put a lot of their income into their truck.

So with that being said, maybe it isn't so crazy that Mercedes made a full size luxury truck, but I don't think they'll ever go down that road.  I think this mid-size truck is aimed at commercial use and work use, and you'll probably see an interior more like what is on the Metris/Vito.  If they sell it in the USA, I bet the 2.0 turbo 4 gets added to the mix.

I can see it being for commercial and work use in Europe, but for the US, I suspect they would lux it up...if they even bring it here. As far as commercial vehicles, I'd suspect the Metris/Vito is coming, since the small van market is growing.. 

It's not embarrassing to compete in a growing segment of trucks.

It's embarrassing when your tagline is 'the best or nothing' and you buy your truck's chassis from a 2nd tier truck maker.

As an EXTREMELY late newcomer to the truck segment, 'The Best or Nothing' should offer 'above & beyond' what the segment already does, otherwise; what does it bring to the table?

• Agree 2

- - - - - 

Considering they would compete with Tacoma and Colorado, I don't see why they would need a V8.  And 406 lb-ft of torque is a lot more than either of those two offer.

That is only in V6 guise. The four banger overdressed Nissan has 37ft/lbs. less than a comparable Colorado/Canyon.

Oh the irony of you defending a badge job made for a luxury carmaker because it happens to be the one you like LOL!

I will say this, there are people that spend $50-60k on Silverado High Country or F150 King Ranch trucks.  Pick up truck buyers aren't shy about spending a lot on their truck.  Where as a luxury car buyer might make $180k, but only buy a $60k E-class, I think there are pickup buyers making $50k a year buying a $50k pickup.   Truck people will put a lot of their income into their truck.

So with that being said, maybe it isn't so crazy that Mercedes made a full size luxury truck, but I don't think they'll ever go down that road.  I think this mid-size truck is aimed at commercial use and work use, and you'll probably see an interior more like what is on the Metris/Vito.  If they sell it in the USA, I bet the 2.0 turbo 4 gets added to the mix.

You have absolutely no proof of those buyer demographics at all. Just pure speculation on your part and especially given that I see quite a few folks NOT making $180K a year driving the E Class. As a matter of fact, the average income for an E Class buyer is $90K a year which is inserting for a car that can sell for more than that. 

Oh the double standards that are being pedaled here.

You have absolutely no proof of those buyer demographics at all. Just pure speculation on your part and especially given that I see quite a few folks NOT making $180K a year driving the E Class. As a matter of fact, the average income for an E Class buyer is $90K a year which is inserting for a car that can sell for more than that. 

Where did you find data that the average income of an E-class buyer is $90k a year?

I also don't know anything about the next-gen Frontier or 2015 Navara platform.  Maybe the chassis isn't so bad, maybe it is.  I don't think Daimler would build a vehicle on a crap platform, and when you put Mercedes suspension parts, Mercedes 9-speed automatic transmission, Mercedes diesel engines on to it, maybe it will be good.  It isn't like there is even a concept vehicle to look at at this point.  

Where did you find data that the average income of an E-class buyer is $90k a year?

That's got to be BS...I make considerably more than that, and wouldn't buy/lease a $60k+ car...

It's not embarrassing to compete in a growing segment of trucks.

It's embarrassing when your tagline is 'the best or nothing' and you buy your truck's chassis from a 2nd tier truck maker.

As an EXTREMELY late newcomer to the truck segment, 'The Best or Nothing' should offer 'above & beyond' what the segment already does, otherwise; what does it bring to the table?

Yup.

Just, yup!

Especially the part where Balthy talks about 'The Best or Nothing' cliché.

I know how "luxury" is perceived by some folk, hence the dude in Mr. Cubical's neck of the woods who bought a Sprinter and added AMG badges on it...the same type of dudes that want Escalade conversions for their Chevy/GMC Express Vans...

3533%2003_04_05_06_2007_2008_2009_2010_2

A badge simply does not translate to luxury.

A FABRICATED image also does not translate into luxury...

Somehow, the Mercedes marketing department did actually that and succeeded. They made this vehicle into a luxury car.

yeni-moda-2015-mercedes-resim-galerisi-4

Which is fine...yet let us not forget that M-B tested the waters of this SUV in less than luxurious situations...whoring themselves to product placement...but it worked....I somehow dont connect dirt and mud with luxury, but hey...silly me...what am I thinking? Its the modern take on luxury. 

jurassic4us8.7369.jpg

Its funny, that is why I laugh at human stupidity for badge snobbishness...because the way we view luxury, ANYTHING can be luxury then...just say it in your commercials and BINGO...instant luxury.

If Ancient Greeks felt this way, King Midas would have saved himself a lot of grief by wishing anything he touches to turn to gold... meaning, he would be content to just to have copper, because copper shines like  gold, and many things in Ancient Greece was made of copper.

Going back to what Balthy said:  The Best or Nothing.

Even in work horse European duties....is the Nissan truck really the best or nothing?

Want more laughter?

Chevy also has partnered with Nissan for a workhorse truck...

2015chevycityexpressvan.jpglogotip2_960_400.jpg

Does this mean that Mercedes is on the same level as Chevy or as Cadillac?

Maybe both, because Cadillac too, relies on a Chevy for a luxury vehicle...

But....there lies the joke....the Chevy platform for a pick-up truck and SUV compared to the Nissan platform for a pick-up truck that M-B will use...well, its true for Chevrolet the cliché The Best or Nothing....

I fear what this world is turning into.

I also fear about the commoditization of the automobile.

Edited by oldshurst442

Re: commoditization... trends that seem to be gaining traction incl. the whole gamut of 'ride sharing'/auto on demand approach and eventual autonomous vehicles...the trend is definitely towards commoditization and a continuing decline in interest in personal auto ownership...the Millenials in large seem to have little interest in autos beyond point A-point B transport.

Re: commoditization... trends that seem to be gaining traction incl. the whole gamut of 'ride sharing'/auto on demand approach and eventual autonomous vehicles...the trend is definitely towards commoditization and a continuing decline in interest in personal auto ownership...the Millenials in large seem to have little interest in autos beyond point A-point B transport.

Yup.

And why I mentioned commoditization in this thread?

Because THAT is what is diluting the definitions of what luxury is all about.

Luxury is being able to afford multiple cars.

But that is more in tune to high standard of living in a given country...

LUXURY, the real meaning of it...is something lavish, opulence, grandeur...something unattainable by the average joe.

and because in some circles of our society, where real passion for the automobile is concerned is dwindling, we have people with some money commoditizing even the very definition of luxury. And in reality, it aint even relegated to just the automobile, its even creeping up in clothes, watches...everything...(I should mention marketing with commoditizing together)

Michael Korrs watches are everywhere in my neck of the woods....selling for 400-500 dollars CDN a pop...

WHAT THE PHOQUE DOES MICHAEL KORRS KNOW ABOUT WATCHES AND WATCH MAKING???!!!

Anyway...I hope you guys understand my rant about why I dont like this idea of a Mercedes Benz PICK-UP truck borrowed by a Nissan platform as a REAL M-B product or as a luxury one at that!

Id rather M-B make their own platform....I KNOW they are more than capable...

Its just cheaper to do it this way...you know...COMMODITIZATION of the automobile...

Edited by oldshurst442

That's just the way it is..reality.  Strange days.  I've seen a lot of change in the auto industry in my lifetime..I remember when car makers made a lot of 2dr bodystyles and wagons...alas, everything is moving towards CUVs/SUVs/trucks, for better or for worse...

I also don't know anything about the next-gen Frontier or 2015 Navara platform.  Maybe the chassis isn't so bad, maybe it is.  I don't think Daimler would build a vehicle on a crap platform, and when you put Mercedes suspension parts, Mercedes 9-speed automatic transmission, Mercedes diesel engines on to it, maybe it will be good.  It isn't like there is even a concept vehicle to look at at this point.  

And you have missed the point 100% while showing your double standard. If this were about Cadillac, you would be on here saying that the Cadillac is nothing more than a $90K Chevy.

Also, I found the source for that income breakdown but I already know your figure is way off because the $150K average is for S Class buyers. Look it up sometime because I'm not going to do the research for you. Remember, we are talking about a buyers individual income, not household income.

That's got to be BS...I make considerably more than that, and wouldn't buy/lease a $60k+ car...

You are the exception to the rule. I know people only making $60K a year driving $60K Shelby's. It's not out of the realm of possibilities. 

And you have missed the point 100% while showing your double standard. If this were about Cadillac, you would be on here saying that the Cadillac is nothing more than a $90K Chevy.

Also, I found the source for that income breakdown but I already know your figure is way off because the $150K average is for S Class buyers. Look it up sometime because I'm not going to do the research for you. Remember, we are talking about a buyers individual income, not household income.

Autonews.com in 2013 reported the s-class has an average buyer age of 61 and income of $371,000.

USA Today in 2014 reported the S-class had an avg buyer age of 62 with an income of $324,000. Bit that an AMG s-class buyer was mid 40s with $500-600,000 median income. You were wrong about the E-class buyer income and wrong about the S-class buyer income.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/healey/2014/05/17/test-drive-mercedes-benz-s-class-lives-up-to-high-price/9146907/

• Agree 1

You are the exception to the rule. I know people only making $60K a year driving $60K Shelby's. It's not out of the realm of possibilities. 

I can't imagine how someone would get a car loan for a car costing as much as their annual income...that would be pretty f'd up...

Though I could see someone retired buying one w/ cash, though..isn't the average age of Shelby buyers about 65?  They always seem to be driven by older men out here...

Autonews.com in 2013 reported the s-class has an average buyer age of 61 and income of $371,000.

USA Today in 2014 reported the S-class had an avg buyer age of 62 with an income of $324,000. Bit that an AMG s-class buyer was mid 40s with $500-600,000 median income. You were wrong about the E-class buyer income and wrong about the S-class buyer income.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/healey/2014/05/17/test-drive-mercedes-benz-s-class-lives-up-to-high-price/9146907/

As I pointed to you, there is a difference between individual income (what I posted) and median or household income (what you posted). Overall, the average Mercedes Benz buyers income is $174K a year.

http://www.autospies.com/news/The-Demographic-Challenge-American-Brands-Join-Lexus-As-German-Automakers-Skim-Off-The-Affluent-Buyer-54227/

A clear and distinguishable difference that I have already pointed out to you. Enjoy.

I can't imagine how someone would get a car loan for a car costing as much as their annual income...that would be pretty f'd up...

Though I could see someone retired buying one w/ cash, though..isn't the average age of Shelby buyers about 65?  They always seem to be driven by older men out here...

Agreed but cars are a bad investment to begin with so for most folks, it's just an extravagance. 

Exactly. Mercedes brand average income is $174k. That includes the C-class and GLK buyers. Makes sense that that the higher end models are in the $300s then.

My original point was pick up buyers will spend more of their income than a luxury car buyer. Audi buyers have an average income of $180k but the cars are like $50k.

The Silverado buyer income is about $65,000 and $70,000 for an F150. The average price of those trucks is around $45,000. Pick up buyers are more likely to spend a bigger chunk of their income on a truck.

Exactly. Mercedes brand average income is $174k. That includes the C-class and GLK buyers. Makes sense that that the higher end models are in the $300s then.

My original point was pick up buyers will spend more of their income than a luxury car buyer. Audi buyers have an average income of $180k but the cars are like $50k.

The Silverado buyer income is about $65,000 and $70,000 for an F150. The average price of those trucks is around $45,000. Pick up buyers are more likely to spend a bigger chunk of their income on a truck.

There is no "exactly" when you say $320K, which was median income i.e. household income) and when I say $174K, which is referring only to the individual buyer. You literally have not been paying attention from the get go because my whole statement started with the E- Class and yours with truck buyers (of which you still have provided no proof of btw, you just threw out numbers).

There is no "exactly" when you say $320K, which was median income i.e. household income) and when I say $174K, which is referring only to the individual buyer. You literally have not been paying attention from the get go because my whole statement started with the E- Class and yours with truck buyers (of which you still have provided no proof of btw, you just threw out numbers).

I cited 2 sources for S-class buyer income.  Neither source said "household income"

"M-B says the S-Class buyer averages 62 years old, is almost certainly a man (83% of buyers), married (87%), has a college degree (81%) and enjoys a median income of $324,000." 

Those are all statistics for an individual, measuring the buyer, not who is in the household.  

Yahoo Autos in 2013 stated that the average household income of an S-class owner is $371,000.  So I guess if you want to assume a 2 income household of 2 people with identical salaries, that $186,000 each.  But maybe it is more likely that the S-class buyer is making $320,000 and the other person $50,000.  

Regardless if the household is $371,000 to buy a $120,000 car, the car price is 1/3 of the income.  A $45,000 truck on a $65k income is 2/3 of the income for the price of the truck.   So pick-up buyers are willing to spend a greater percentage of income on their truck than what typical luxury car buyers are.  (Audi for example, $180,000 median income and the ATP is like $49,000 on those)  Given that people are willing to pay a lot of their income for pickups, I can see why Mercedes is tempted by that market.  If it isn't a commercial only vehicle and they try to market it as a luxury truck, I think people will buy it.

I still think they should not build the pickup at all, and if they do, just sell it only to businesses.  I'd rather see them stay focused on luxury cars and crossovers.

I cited 2 sources for S-class buyer income.  Neither source said "household income"

"M-B says the S-Class buyer averages 62 years old, is almost certainly a man (83% of buyers), married (87%), has a college degree (81%) and enjoys a median income of $324,000." 

Those are all statistics for an individual, measuring the buyer, not who is in the household.  

Yahoo Autos in 2013 stated that the average household income of an S-class owner is $371,000.  So I guess if you want to assume a 2 income household of 2 people with identical salaries, that $186,000 each.  But maybe it is more likely that the S-class buyer is making $320,000 and the other person $50,000.  

Regardless if the household is $371,000 to buy a $120,000 car, the car price is 1/3 of the income.  A $45,000 truck on a $65k income is 2/3 of the income for the price of the truck.   So pick-up buyers are willing to spend a greater percentage of income on their truck than what typical luxury car buyers are.  (Audi for example, $180,000 median income and the ATP is like $49,000 on those)  Given that people are willing to pay a lot of their income for pickups, I can see why Mercedes is tempted by that market.  If it isn't a commercial only vehicle and they try to market it as a luxury truck, I think people will buy it.

I still think they should not build the pickup at all, and if they do, just sell it only to businesses.  I'd rather see them stay focused on luxury cars and crossovers.

Pya attention man. In this case, median and household are the same because its COMBINED as opposed to individual income, which is what I was saying.

Honestly, I'm long past caring about this. I simply wanted to yank your chain because of your silly double standards about badge jobs. But hey as long as it has a MB motor, tranny, and whatever else makes Mercedes gold, it's okay right? It just can't be done by anyone else without constant ridicule by you ($90K Tahoe ring a bell?).

Seriously. I'm done. Best of luck with your future double standards. :thumbsup:

Edited by surreal1272

I have actually a lot of times said the Escalade is the best and most successful Cadillac.  I don't like any monster SUV, and you could argue that the GL is better than an Escalade because it is lighter, faster, more fuel efficient, the GLS450 is actually the CT6 of large SUVs, lighter than the other guys V8 models with a twin turbo V6.  You could argue that the Escalade has more bling, more size, standard V8, and is more truck like than the GLS and some buyers may prefer that.  They are different but without question the top 2 vehicles in that segment.  The current Escalade at least changes some body panels and has a unique interior compared to Gen 1 and 2 that were not very different from a Yukon.

I'd actually like to see the Escalade drop the 6.2 V8 and go to the 3.0TT V6 for the base model and the 4.2 TT V8 optional.  That would make it more inline with the other Cadillacs.  I'd offer the 4.2 V8 on the CTS as well and build an Omega crossover to use the 3.0 V6 and 4.2 V8.  Then you create consistency through the line up.

I do think it would be interesting if Mercedes went into the mid-size truck market with a luxury offering, priced above Tacoma, Canyon/Colorado, etc.  They could probably build the best mid-size truck ever and still keep it under $50k with a C300 level interior.

The folks against progress are those trying to claim Cadillac is intending CT6 buyers to go to the track merely because the CT6 has the segment's best chassis dynamics. Like Cadillac (and everyone else) should just be still peddling 1980s chassis/suspension technology because it's 'just fine'.

Mercedes has a string of recent flops under it's belt and the truck market is extremely loyal. from the articles, they don't have a good grasp on the truck market in the U.S. at all.

But once more I submit; "why buy a copy when yo can buy the original??"

The Mercedes truck wouldn't have the same engines or transmissions or body or interior as the Nissan though.  It would probably have less in common with the Nissan Frontier than a Chrysler 200 has with a Jeep Cherokee.

How would you know?  Nissan is building their QX30 out of mostly Benz parts. 

The Mercedes truck wouldn't have the same engines or transmissions or body or interior as the Nissan though.  It would probably have less in common with the Nissan Frontier than a Chrysler 200 has with a Jeep Cherokee.

How would you know?  Nissan is building their QX30 out of mostly Benz parts. 

That they are, but none of the body panels or interior is the same.   And in this case, the Nissan would use their engine/tranny and I'd suspect Mercedes would use theirs, I suppose they could offer air suspension too.