• Swedish
    • Finnish
    • Slovakian
    • Danish
    • Russia
    • African-Any African Country
    • South American (As in the continent)
    • Chinese/Japanese
    • Asian (Besides those countries listed)
    • European (Besides those countries listed)
    • Canadian
    • Mexican
    • Any other place/continent/country.

Just curious. List your main nationality..if your a few countries nationality...liek most evryone.

Im mainly Finnish, some danish and cornish (Cornwall, England).

Mostly German and English, but I also have a little bit of Irish, Austrian, Danish, Swedish, and just about anything else from Western Europe except for Spanish (although I do speak it), Portuguese, and Slavic.

Canadian. Canadian. Canadian. I get really tired when people say,"no, really, what is your background?"

Does it matter that my great-grandfather was born somewhere in Michigan, and that his father came from Wales? Or that my mother's mother's mother came from Scotland, and that her father was German?

We need to have less hyphenated Americans and Canadians.

People are always asking me what I am other

than Slovakian.... Unlike most peple here in

the USA I only know that all of my ancestors

as far back as any of my living relatives know

or can tell were born in Slovakia. If anything

my dad's family is more German looking and

my mom's family is more Eastern European.

If people insist on a second nationality I say

German since it's plausable for any side of

my family.

BTW: Thanks for including Slovakian in the list. :)

If people insist on a second nationality I say German since it's plausable for any side of my family.

Germans are a riot...they can be so direct and brusque. Travelling on Lufthansa will confirm that - don't mess with the flight crew!

Canadian.  Canadian.  Canadian.  I get really tired when people say,"no, really, what is your background?"

Does it matter that my great-grandfather was born somewhere in Michigan, and that his father came from Wales?  Or that my mother's mother's mother came from Scotland, and that her father was German?

We need to have less hyphenated Americans and Canadians.

:blink: i knew somebody would say soemthing like that....i simply asked where your familys country of origin is...thats all. Saying your roots are Finnish (example), does not make you any less of a canadian.

p.s. The Gypsy side was interesting to investigate - the last name was Beam, taken from the Swiss Boheme, or Bohemian, literally meaning Gypsy. Jim Beam (the bourbon) was actually my 3xGreat Grandfater. The Beams I came from emigrated to Kentucky and kept travelling (Gypsies travelling, what a shocker)... stopping in Pennsylvania briefly then going to Ontario.

Why did you cluster Chinese and Japanese together?

B/C theyre located closely together. along with Portugal and Spain. :rolleyes: and both of them have alot of people here in the united states and needed to keep the pool choices down to 20.

Edited by Charger4U

So...you're Sicilian then... :P

I'm FBI.

Anch'io ;)

Well, while I'm mainly Sicilian, there's a small part of me that originates from Bari (towards the top of the heel of the boot).

B/C theyre located closely together. along with Portugal and Spain.  :rolleyes: and both of them have alot of people here in the united states and needed to keep the pool choices down to 20.

That'll be like making the poll "What's your favorite car company?" and offering "GM/Toyota", "Ford/Honda", "Chrysler/Kia", and "BMW/Suzuki" as the choices.

That'll be like making the poll "What's your favorite car company?" and offering "GM/Toyota", "Ford/Honda", "Chrysler/Kia", and "BMW/Suzuki" as the choices.

No, i disagree completely..Gm and toyota arent geographically located close together. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Irish should be a seperate Category :angry:

God dang you all complain alot...i was making sure there were only 20 poll choices!!!

Irish on my mothers side (as a matter of fact, I am trying to get copies of my Irish grandparent's birth and marriage certificates, since I can get Irish citizenship), and puritan English on my dad's side. Dad's side came to the US in the 1600's. My grandmother was horrified when my dad fell for my mom.

God dang you all complain alot...i was making sure there were only 20 poll choices!!!

In the future, it might be best to not make polls that have this many (and more than this many) choices. Just leave it open-ended.

Any other place/continent/country.

I was born in America. I am an American. I've always been an American. I'll always be an American.

However, I do have some great grandparents who were Polish and a couple who were Italian.

but I gave up on the French a while ago because it was waaaaaaaaay to confusing. Seriously, anyone try to learn that language? Il est difficile apprendre Français . Deutscher ist mehr Spaß!

WMJ, what are you, nuts? German easier than French? Je pense qu'apprendre le Francais est plus facile. Certainment, le Francais est plus proche a l'Italien.

Look at the length of those German words! For example, wirtschartsprufer = auditor. Where do you find that capital B doubling for 2 s's, anyway?

Lufthansa is the one of the best airlines in the world... definately

in the top three I think most people who have flown them can

agree abut that. Even the Lindt Chocolate is AMAAAAZING!

3/4 Italian (mom full, dad half. I always have to explain that for some reason :nono: )

1/8 Irish

1/8 Seminole Indian (you didn't mention the Native Americans now, didja? Didja?!)

Most of the Italian in me actually comes from the north-central area of the Boot. Not exactly sure where, and the only person who could tell me has long since passed on. Anyway, it does help to explain why I have brown hair, blue eyes, and a moderate complexion rather than the dark hair, dark eyes and olive complexion people are used to seeing (although one of my brothers fits that bill perfectly.)

And true, I'm not full on like Nick, Paulie, or Bob, but it doesn't mean I take any less offense to being called a greaseball. (or a mick. or a woo-woo.)

However, being that I was born and raised in California, I'm an American. You can still be proud to be an American (or Canadian) while still being proud of, and never forgetting your roots, and where your family comes from.

Edited by Turbojett

"Chicagoan". I will always be proud of Chicago, no matter where I live.

My grandparents came from Slovenia, then a part of Austria, that became part of Yugoslavia after WWII. It was the first counrty to split with Yugoslavia in the early 1990's and was bombed by the Yugoslav government for about a week. Then they gave up and went after Croatia and Bosnia.

One of my great grandfathers was adopted by an Italian doctor, but no word if he was of Italian or Slovenian heritage.

While I'm an American, one of the mistakes I made was not learning the language of my grandparents.

I'm Portuguese and I don't understand why you put us and the Spanish together. They're 2 different nationalities :angry:

:P

j/k I don't give a flying f#ck

Edited by ZL-1

My daughter is an interesting combination,

50% Slovakian, and a crazy mix of Italian,

Sweedish, Scotish & a tiny bit of Spanish.

Um.... Where's the choice for American? :P

I was born in America. I am an American. I've always been an American. I'll always be an American.

:CG_all: Yeah... 100% American here. :D

As far as I know, though... I'm mostly German, I think. Atleast... that's where I would think the last names Wolfe and Gilhousen, my parent's last names, stem from. I'm not sure about the names up down my family tree, Khale, Dinger, Moore, etc., though...

And where's the choice for Native Americans, you silly Chargon (Charjh-ohn; BV patents the use of that nick name, like Bob's "Chargerino". So, you must ask BV's permission before typing such name, or risk being fined "1 BVFJ". Thank you.)

3/4 Italian (mom full, dad half. I always have to explain that for some reason :nono: )

Anyway, it does help to explain why I have brown hair, blue eyes, and a moderate complexion rather than the dark hair, dark eyes and olive complexion people are used to seeing And true, I'm not full on like Nick, Paulie, or Bob, but it doesn't mean I take any less offense to being called a greaseball.

Ditto here. NOBODY in my family, including myself, looks remotely like Al Pacino or anyone that the media portrays as being stereotypically Italian. In fact, about 20% of my relatives are various shades of (natural) blonde. Italy was stomped on and through by Southern folk (Greeks and Arabs) and Northern folk (Normans and Bourbons). The Iberian peninsula is probably a little more homogeneous as the Portuguese, for example, look a little more uniform, in my opinion. Sicilians, for example, can be very dark and sometimes very light as a result of these conquests. One of my cousins told me that I analyze Europe from an "anthropoligical point of view." :lol:

I have a mixture of Choctow Indian, German, French, and wee bit of English in my orgins.

My great grandmother on my fathers side really showed her Choctow heritage a lot.

I really show the German part of my heritage as I have the stereo typical German nose and I like everything in order lol.

In other words, I'm 100 percent American Cajun :P

Edited by Brandon Lutz