What Would Buy Instead- Audi A8L Edition

I have to agree. Cadillac doesn't seem to be willing to put up or shut up and take on the Germans on all fronts. So much for bringing new merit to the notion of being 'The Standard of the World'.

If they're not going to step up, they need to focus on conquest sales from Acura, Infiniti, Lincoln, and to a lesser extent, Lexus.

1. You are talking to another car forum member.

A. The CT6 is cheaper in price because it is also cheaper in quality....YOU mentioned the S Class....in no way, no how does the CT6 compete in  S Class territory.

How the do U kno that if U have never ever been in the CT6?? I'm officially perplexed.

1) Tell Me.. How is is cheaper in quality? Spell it out for me.  I'm talking quality not engine cylinders.

2) How is it in now way no how.. of cheaper quality than the S-Class??? School me. The Tesla Model S is more expensive than an MKZ, but few would argue that it is better quality. Explain yourself Videoboy

############

If you think the CT6 is on the same level as a 1957 Cadillac Brougham Biarritz and 1957 Eldorado Biarritz  once was, then you are just as delusional as Roger B. Smith was. Because that is what the  S Class is today along with its coupe and convertible siblings.

Sorry, a CT6 is no where near that level of opulence, ostentatiousness and arrogance.

Nice car....but in reality.....a CT6 will ultimately compete with a Lincoln Continental.

B.  Besides, Cadillac wants to get asses in the showroom and they are playing the value card....THAT is NOT how you play the luxury game.

Luxury is not about value. Its about excess....and excess costs money....

Prove all of what U say. Otherwise U are talking out of your effin ass. 

B: I thought Cadillac was thru with the value card starting with the CTS. Wasn't that your complaint? That the CTS wasn't value enough? 

#################

2. Tired old argument.

A. its being addressed with 11 new models in 5 years....

B. Funny, the Escalade has no issues....nor does a long in the tooth SRX....its because the flip side to your lack of models argument, besides the Slade and the SRX, no other Caddy has cachet....and THAT also contributes to the lack of acknowledgment by the people....

Cadillac has image problems..

That is why they moved to NYC...

Tired argument because its true. Escalade has no problem moving metal because its the goto luxo SUV. The SRX has no issue because it is the sole CUV in the line-up. GET IT! Every CUV is on fire right now.. Cadillac buyers have ONE choice . 

To the NYC move: No $h!. Who argued against that? Its not just Cadillac.. Its not even just Detroit. 

#################

A: The CT6 is a love child from the folk that want to move forward with the folk that want to stay in the past...and the CTS and ATS BOTH are suffering for it.

B: Take a look at the success of the Escalade....you will see everything in that success that the CTS and ATS are not!!!

A: I thought the XTS was the love child of yada yada. In what way are the CT6 and Alphas like the past Cadillacs?? Missing something. Where is the compromise? In fact, I though the reason why the Alphas were suffering was because people wanted sofas with wheels, not Ring conquerors

B: What Bold Styling, and in your face performance? Both Alphas have that in spades. I would say the ATS and CTS have issues because they aren't marketed and what little marketing was done ended in year one of selling with no explanation of position thus leaving buyers, past and new.. confused

######################

4. Its an anecdote....much like yours.... 5. I have import loving friends that slobber over my lowly Fusion....

4. Personally I wish U would just stop bringing me up in your posts. I normally avoid your posts like the plague. They are a bunch of silliness with no substantiated evidence pointing to any truth. AGAIN. Tell me, in your experience, what was the reason why U bought your S-Class  over the CT6?

5. Good. Love Domestics. They can slobber to dehydration for all I care.. For buying a foreign vehicle.. I hope they wither away and go bye bye.. f@#k em

#######################

A: That is why the CT6 also plays the value card.

If I got more money than brains....I want to SPEND it all, not save it....

B: Save the difference in cash in buying a CT6 over a S65, kudos on you...

Just dont try to tell me how great it is....because I wouldnt care...

My M-B S65 AMG would have the anti-terrorist package and I wouldnt hear you through that thick anti-ballistic glass...

A: Because people without money seem to be pros at saving. thus they are smart??? Whhhhaa

B: U wouldn't have to worry about a thing Suzie Q.. cause I wouldn't speak to your ass anyway. Again.. like the PLAGUE

The LT4 doesn't have the NVH characteristics needed to match any V12.   Secondly, it doesn't have the torque.  The S65 has 738 lb-ft, and has had that for 10 years now.  The head of AMG has said there would be a power bump, but not when.  I'd imagine they are waiting until the awd system and transmission are beefed up.  That engine can easily produce over 800 lb-ft of torque, they detune it to 738, because you have to put that on the ground somehow.

I always love the argument of how S-classes are so deeply discounted.  As if the competition doesn't do the same thing, or more.  Usually the #1 selling vehicle in a segment isn't heavily discounted.  S-class outsells it's 3 closest competitors combined.  Cadillac spends more on incentives than any of the Germans do.

Bottom line is CT8 is dead, and Cadillac isn't going to step up to the plate to go after an S63 or S65.

Cadillac should roll out the crossovers to really put the hurt on Acura, Infiniti, and Lincoln.  Those brands are weak and ripe for the picking.  Cadillac should try to steal all their customers.

Hold up.. are U saying that General Motors is incapable of building an engine with more power/torque than the V12 BT?? LOL.. U Crazy.. On top of that.. why would they need to. The LT4 in a car the weight of a CT6.. that's almost 1000lbs less than the S-Class doesn't need that much torque to achieve a.. LOL.. 4.2 0-60 time. It could achieve that with a NA LT1

The argument about the S-Class being heavily discounted is not only sound.. but relevant. If U are gonna tout the $220,000 price as something that is so desirable.. then explain why NO ONE ACTUALLY PAYS the $220,000 price. Incentives?? Even without the $220,000.. ooooops... $170,000 (price corrected for fire-sale) Cadillac still managed to have the highest ATPs last month and ranked in the top 2 most of 2015 and 16

Bottom line on the CT8 is U don;t kno a GOD DAMN thing yet.. nor do I, but I personally don;t see a need for a CT8, when the CT7 hasn't shown up yet. Quite frankly I would be disapointed if Cadillac followed the tired German formula at this point with just another big sedan in a market segment that is going no where

@ Dfelt.. I agree on the dealership, but I am finding that the dealerships for Cadillac.. at least on the East coast are rapidly changing and getting with the times. Where I bought my recent Caddy in VA.. and the bottom one where I have purchased the 3 before

029.jpg

c29ef3487c68100580d100146efa6b30x650.jpg

The top dealership is what I would like to see for all Cadillac dealerships. The bottom is nice but also says dated. I like the top flow and look.

This is the Mercedes Dealership up the street from the Cadillac one on the bottom. I have to say.. the Caddy dealer looks more modern.. especially on the inside. It.. unlike the Caddy dealers.. ironically.. has a Toyota dealership attached on the other side.

R-and-H-Mercedes-Exterior-Image-R100684.

:blink:  Am I missing something or do I not see a MB dealership in the above post? ^^^^^

For some reason the jpeg didn't show up.. but all fixed

See it now! :D

WOW that is one ugly luxury dealership. Reminds me of Cadillac old dealerships and they suck.

Yea I love my cadillac dealership as the people are awesome, but the building that was an old Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile and Hummer dealership and now just Cadillac but really needs to be rebuilt.

post-12-0-81579900-1460642009_thumb.jpg

I really wish Cadillac NA would step up to the same level of service Cadillac is touting in China.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/cadillac-treats-chinese-shoppers-vips-sales-up-62-a-49883/

The LT4 doesn't have the NVH characteristics needed to match any V12.   Secondly, it doesn't have the torque.  The S65 has 738 lb-ft, and has had that for 10 years now.  The head of AMG has said there would be a power bump, but not when.  I'd imagine they are waiting until the awd system and transmission are beefed up.  That engine can easily produce over 800 lb-ft of torque, they detune it to 738, because you have to put that on the ground somehow.

I always love the argument of how S-classes are so deeply discounted.  As if the competition doesn't do the same thing, or more.  Usually the #1 selling vehicle in a segment isn't heavily discounted.  S-class outsells it's 3 closest competitors combined.  Cadillac spends more on incentives than any of the Germans do.

Bottom line is CT8 is dead, and Cadillac isn't going to step up to the plate to go after an S63 or S65.

Cadillac should roll out the crossovers to really put the hurt on Acura, Infiniti, and Lincoln.  Those brands are weak and ripe for the picking.  Cadillac should try to steal all their customers.

Hold up.. are U saying that General Motors is incapable of building an engine with more power/torque than the V12 BT?? LOL.. U Crazy.. On top of that.. why would they need to. The LT4 in a car the weight of a CT6.. that's almost 1000lbs less than the S-Class doesn't need that much torque to achieve a.. LOL.. 4.2 0-60 time. It could achieve that with a NA LT1

The argument about the S-Class being heavily discounted is not only sound.. but relevant. If U are gonna tout the $220,000 price as something that is so desirable.. then explain why NO ONE ACTUALLY PAYS the $220,000 price. Incentives?? Even without the $220,000.. ooooops... $170,000 (price corrected for fire-sale) Cadillac still managed to have the highest ATPs last month and ranked in the top 2 most of 2015 and 16

Bottom line on the CT8 is U don;t kno a GOD DAMN thing yet.. nor do I, but I personally don;t see a need for a CT8, when the CT7 hasn't shown up yet. Quite frankly I would be disapointed if Cadillac followed the tired German formula at this point with just another big sedan in a market segment that is going no where

I'll agree on CT8, or anything else above a CT6.  We don't know anything, especially because as of now it looks like they aren't going above CT6.  But maybe they will, maybe the CT6 in 2nd generation will go up market and get a name change, when they name change ATS and CTS to CT-number cars.  So we have to wait and see what happens there.

I also think GM is capable of building a V12 engine, I just know that they won't spend the money to do it.  They could try to increase more power form the LT4, but at what level of refinement?  A car in that price range needs to be quiet and smooth too.   I also think if it was so easy as drop an LT4 into a CT6 and price it against an AMG S-class they would have done that already. 

As far as ATP, the Escalade is a big % of Cadillac sales right now, it outsells the ATS and CTS.  Once they get an XT3, and XT1 or sub-ATS car and the line up fills out, that average will drop.  A better judge would be ATP of ATS compared to 3-series, IS, C-class and compare ATP of CTS to A6, 5-series, E-class, etc.   If you go segment by segment Cadillac probably loses all of them.  But BMW and Audi don't have an $85k SUV (base price, I know a loaded up X5 gets there) to pull their average up.  Which why it has taken BMW this long to get na X7 is their own dumb fault as well.   But I think brand ATP can be misleading on brands with only a few models.

Since we are posting dealerships, here is where I get mine serviced.  Bobby Rahal Mercedes is a 12 time Best of the Best award winner.  I must say they are on it, they greet you right when you pull in, loaner cars are waiting, service advisors meet with you pretty quickly, they text and/or call with updates, car is always washed and clean when you pick it up.  The people there are top notch at customer service.

67102_Bobby_Rahal_Motorcar_Co_D.jpg

Since we are posting dealerships, here is where I get mine serviced.  Bobby Rahal Mercedes is a 12 time Best of the Best award winner.  I must say they are on it, they greet you right when you pull in, loaner cars are waiting, service advisors meet with you pretty quickly, they text and/or call with updates, car is always washed and clean when you pick it up.  The people there are top notch at customer service.

Sounds awesome just like my Cadillac dealership. Glad the experience is so solid. 

Yet with that, just like my dealership, this is just bland and does not speak luxury to me.

In this case I would have to say that both MB and Cadillac have failed us in having a luxury attractive dealership.

Although that ship has sailed....dealerships is the current subject being discussed...I still want to address Casa...

But Id like to quote this from another article:

When compared to its closest competitor, the Cadillac CT6, the Continental undercuts by $9,005.

Like I said.....though kudos to you if you would buy a CT6 over an S Class and save yourself some cash...and according to the other thread...spend a tad more to acquire a CT6...

About that though...

Because you always seem to try to muscle your cash in front of everybody....

I RESPECT YOU BECAUSE YOU DO PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS...

Problem is..be careful to whom you shoot your mouth off too.

You got money to buy fancy cars?

And you think you are the only one?

Mr. Big Stuff
Who do you think you are?

Mr. Big Stuff
You're never gonna get my love!
Now because you wear all those fancy clothes (oh yeah)
And have a big fine car, oh yes you do now!

Do you think I cant afford to buy a car of y own??!!!(oh yeah)
You think you're higher than every star above!!!

Im doing quite good for myself as well....

I dont put my money into cars.

Ive got more expensive projects that Id like to achieve before acquiring 100 000 dollar plus cars...and at that...there is only 1 car that I would spend that kinda money on....

A frame off restoration of a 1970 Olds 442.....resto-mod it and pro-tour it...to the sweet sound of 75 000-100 000 American dollars!

With that being said, this is a car forum....where people could discuss cars of all prices...not who has the deepest pockets and are refrained to talk about cars they may not be able to own...because THAT is ALWAYS  your "GO TO" argument when all else fails!

About the Continental and CT6...

Not much to say, other than long gone are the days when Continentals and Eldorado Biarritzes were on top of the luxury car food chain....

Am I pleased with that???

Hell to the NO!!!!

But please, please, dont be foolish in thinking the S Class is in this category...

Or think the way you do...who the eff cares?

Buy American is your motto....so is mine!!!

But an S Class is superior to the CT6 no matter how you slice that American Pizza Pie!

Edited by oldshurst442

Sounds awesome just like my Cadillac dealership. Glad the experience is so solid. 

Yet with that, just like my dealership, this is just bland and does not speak luxury to me.

In this case I would have to say that both MB and Cadillac have failed us in having a luxury attractive dealership.

That building is actually pretty huge, because it goes back really far.  And you drive inside to drop your car off,so you are never outside, which is nice in winter.  But the service from the people I think is more important to the experience rather than the building.

I'll agree on CT8, or anything else above a CT6.  We don't know anything, especially because as of now it looks like they aren't going above CT6.  But maybe they will, maybe the CT6 in 2nd generation will go up market and get a name change, when they name change ATS and CTS to CT-number cars.  So we have to wait and see what happens there.

I also think GM is capable of building a V12 engine, I just know that they won't spend the money to do it.  They could try to increase more power form the LT4, but at what level of refinement?  A car in that price range needs to be quiet and smooth too.   I also think if it was so easy as drop an LT4 into a CT6 and price it against an AMG S-class they would have done that already. 

As far as ATP, the Escalade is a big % of Cadillac sales right now, it outsells the ATS and CTS.  Once they get an XT3, and XT1 or sub-ATS car and the line up fills out, that average will drop.  A better judge would be ATP of ATS compared to 3-series, IS, C-class and compare ATP of CTS to A6, 5-series, E-class, etc.   If you go segment by segment Cadillac probably loses all of them.  But BMW and Audi don't have an $85k SUV (base price, I know a loaded up X5 gets there) to pull their average up.  Which why it has taken BMW this long to get na X7 is their own dumb fault as well.   But I think brand ATP can be misleading on brands with only a few models.

Nada... The Escalade sold 3200 last month.. the SRX.. right the least expensive due to incentives to get rid of old model for arrival of XT5, sold almost 1000 more. Surely that should have brought the ATP down.. or at least nullified any real gain that the Escalade offered. I think what U may be afraid to admit is that CTS sales stabilized.. being down by ONE.. ONE sale. On top of that.. a $100K CTS-V  boost that number up some. I will add that the CTS was actually higher than  the 5series in ATP in 2015.. 

Just admit it.. U hate Cadillac.. U hate GM.. U hate America

Looks like an Sephora store my Girlfriend makes me take her to. Cheap ass looking Mercedes dealership. 

That building is actually pretty huge, because it goes back really far.  And you drive inside to drop your car off,so you are never outside, which is nice in winter.  But the service from the people I think is more important to the experience rather than the building.

Same thing at my Chevy dealership.. and GMC/Buick... let alone Cadillac. Is that abnormal? 

Nada... The Escalade sold 3200 last month.. the SRX.. right the least expensive due to incentives to get rid of old model for arrival of XT5, sold almost 1000 more. Surely that should have brought the ATP down.. or at least nullified any real gain that the Escalade offered. I think what U may be afraid to admit is that CTS sales stabilized.. being down by ONE.. ONE sale. On top of that.. a $100K CTS-V  boost that number up some. I will add that the CTS was actually higher than  the 5series in ATP in 2015.. 

Just admit it.. U hate Cadillac.. U hate GM.. U hate America

I don't hate Cadillac, I am realistic.    I have said for years I wanted a Cadillac convertible, a DOHC V8, more models etc.  They could make some good product, especially when you compare to what Lexus and Acura have now, those are beatable brands.  

I did read when Johan de Nyschen said CTS avg. transaction price in 2014 was $47,000, better than BMW.  Maybe he meant the BMW brand as a whole.   Right now a 528i rear drive with no options and destination charge is $51,195.   Now I am pretty sure there isn't a single BMW sold in the USA that has zero options on it, so once the BMW options lists jacks the price up, no way they are selling 5-series for under $50k, even with discounts.

If we are going to use ATP as a measure of Cadillac success vs the Germans, then once Cadillac has an XT1 and XT3 for sale for $35k eating up volume, we should use the same measure.   I'd imagine Volvo has a good ATP since half their sales are XC90 SUVs.  Are we going to crown Volvo king of luxury cars because no one buys the S40 or S60?   Jaguar has a high ATP too, simply because they don't have any cars under $50k for sale until that XE hits dealers.  Jag is practically on life support, their ATP of $65k or $70k isn't doing them too much when they sell 1000 cars a month.

Looks like an Sephora store my Girlfriend makes me take her to. Cheap ass looking Mercedes dealership. 

Same thing at my Chevy dealership.. and GMC/Buick... let alone Cadillac. Is that abnormal? 

Yeah same at my local Chevy/GMC/Buick dealer. It was reacently updated within the last year or so though. 

Ha. Sephora stores. Hate'm. I too get dragged in there.