William Maley

Ford News: Ford GT Order Books Are Open Now!

9 posts in this topic

William Maley    393

If you had your heart set on a Ford GT after seeing it at the Detroit Auto Show, then you should rush over to your nearest computer as Ford has opened up the application process for the chance to get their newest supercar.

As we first reported back in February, Ford will be conducting an extensive vetting process for possible buyers. Some of the questions that will be asked to possible buyers include how many Ford vehicles have they own and how many miles they plan on driving the GT. This is to help weed out people who will just mothball the vehicle so they can sell it for a large sum of money. Also, if you have bought and kept your Ford GT, you get first dibs.

“The purchase process for the Ford GT is as unique as our all-new supercar. We understand GT customers are strong ambassadors for Ford Motor Company, and we look forward to providing them a service as distinct as the car itself,” said Henry Ford III, global marketing manager, Ford Performance in a statement.

If you are one of the lucky folks to be chosen to get one of the 500 GTs that Ford plans on building this and next year, you will be working with the 'Ford GT Concierge Service' on tailoring the GT to your tastes and picking up the vehicle at an approved Ford dealership.

For pricing, Ford says the GT will "have a starting price in the mid-$400,000s, excluding destination and delivery."

For those who cannot afford a GT, at least you can play around with the configurator to design the vehicle of your dreams.

Source: Ford

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

dfelt    1,772

Here is my Beast! As CCAP stated, I would like for the price of this auto to have the Ford Logo in the center available in various colors to match the auto. A Black Ford badge would be fine on this car.

post-12-0-20613900-1460582456_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-25154900-1460582457_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-32241300-1460582458_thumb.jpg

Also I agree with CCAP what is the series button for?

ccap41    1,161

That is probably my biggest gripe with Ford and Chevy both is their damn logos have color in them..on vehicles. I can understand having their logos colored for brand recognition but I think on the vehicles themselves they should have a body colored background instead of blue and gold. I think that's one reason I like Mercedes(and Audi) so much is they always have a clean look. The emblems on the front and back aren't a huge deal but wen critiquing a vehicle I notice them and don't like them most of the time.

That "Series" button really intrigues me. 

dfelt    1,772

Amazing the amount of 3rd party companies that make all colors on auto logo badges. You would think that the US auto companies could offer this as an option or select a few that would go with specific colors so it blends in better.

I agree that on my Beast of a ride, I would want a matching colored logo and if I had to have blue in it then have it with blue lettering.

post-12-0-01428000-1460583848_thumb.jpg

ccap41    1,161

I like that Chevy has blacked out logos on their black/midnight or whatever they're labeled trucks. If they kept the gold bow it would look so out of place. Now Ford needs to get with that. At least offer it. Heck, I'd pay for a color matched logo. If nothing else they should offer it on the STs, GT350s, GT, and Raptor.

On the Escape forum I'm on there way a guy who took apart an OEM emblem and painted it to match his Escape. Looked great. He used an OEM color behind the FORD.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.