FordCosworth

Ford Invests $1.6 Billion in U.S. Plants, Creates 650 Hourly Jobs in Michigan and Ohio

16 posts in this topic

FordCosworth    128

Ford-OHAP_4076.jpg?download=1

- Ford is investing a total of $1.6 billion in its Livonia Transmission and Ohio Assembly plants

- The investment is part of the company’s commitment to invest $9 billion and create or retain 8,500 hourly jobs in its U.S. facilities during the next four years

- In the past five years, Ford has invested $12 billion in its U.S. plants and created nearly 28,000 total U.S. jobs

DEARBORN, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ford Motor Company is investing $1.6 billion to upgrade two of its manufacturing facilities in Michigan and Ohio, and creating or retaining 650 hourly jobs in the United States.

The $1.4 billion investment in Livonia Transmission Plant and $200 million investment in Ohio Assembly Plant are part of the $9 billion commitment the company made in the 2015 UAW-Ford collective bargaining agreement to continue investing in its U.S. plants.

Ford has invested $12 billion in its U.S. plants and created a total of nearly 28,000 U.S. jobs in the past five years.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160426006324/en/

dfelt    1,772

This is great to see, keeping assembly jobs here in the US. :metal:

This got me to thinking about GM, Looked on GM's own site and in the last 12 months GM has committed $8,841,000,000 or almost 9 BIllion in just the last 12 months.

GM Investments

This Rocks :metal: for both FORD and GM in investing in America.

• Upvote 1

ccap41    1,161

"creating or retaining"? Like.. they might just not be laying 650 people off?

- "Let's not lay 650 ppl off."

- "..How can that be worded to make us look great?"

- "I got it!, Creating or Retaining!"

I don't like the wording of that. 

• Upvote 1

FordCosworth    128

“We are proud that Ford employs more hourly workers and builds more vehicles in the United States than any other automaker,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford president, The Americas. “We are committed to manufacturing in the United States.”

http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-fca-investing-engine-transmission-plants/

surreal1272    670

^This! I hate that kind of wording because it is an obvious cover for "not laying off or letting go of...".

ccap41    1,161

^This! I hate that kind of wording because it is an obvious cover for "not laying off or letting go of...".

Right?!

I mean maybe they are going to hire 650 new employees for staying positions.. but maybe they just aren't laying 650 off too? 

Absolute fluff article if that is not clarified better. 

Screw it, why not just say, "Today here at Ford we will be 'creating or retaining' 3.5 million jobs(or any arbitrary number)"  Why not just post this Monthly? Weekly? Daily? Hell, hourly!?!?

Okay a little exaggeration but I don't like it because it was intentional on somebody's part. Somebody intentionally wrote it like that. 

..stupid.. 

FordCosworth    128

Donald Trump will be thrilled to hear this.

He should be thrilled to hear that Ford employs more hourly works and build more vehicles in the USA than any other automotive company.

FordCosworth    128

Love the careful wording. But I'm with the other posters on this.

Fluff.

Careful wording? 

How is employing most hourly and build most vehicles in the USA  careful wording?

ccap41    1,161

Fluff.

Careful wording? 

How is employing most hourly and build most vehicles in the USA  careful wording?

Building the most American made vehicle is great! Seriously, it is. We have an issue with the phrase "create or retain" Retaining 650 jobs is good but it is basically just telling us that they aren't letting go 650 people. But IF they are creating 650 jobs that is great news. It is just worded funky to, most likely, sound better than it is. 

• Upvote 2

FordCosworth    128

Fluff.

Careful wording? 

Building the most American made vehicle is great! Seriously, it is. We have an issue with the phrase "create or retain" Retaining 650 jobs is good but it is basically just telling us that they aren't letting go 650 people. But IF they are creating 650 jobs that is great news. It is just worded funky to, most likely, sound better than it is. 

I see and I agree.

dfelt    1,772

All Fluff that ends up creating jobs in America is Good Fluff! :D

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.