Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

Dodge Charger 4dr Concept

Posted Image

...if they HAD to make the Charger a 4dr, why did Dodge fix it up with a new front?

...and where are the side scoops too ?

call me "old" but, I think this looks better than the current Charger !

first of all... brown wasnt a good color choise cuz its next to impossible to see anything with the black background...

second... that front end isnt tall enough for the car... look it en about halfway down the tire...

third... its still a four door so it still suckz as a charger... (not as a car... just as a charger)

fourth... the side scoops dont add anything... not to mention why not change the roofline if yur tryin to make it more old school...

and can i ask why you used a 300 as a base for this?

alright... but why idnt you use a charger? wouldnt that make sense? lol

nice....if the current charger had a front someone like that it would look badass....I like the current one quite a bit too, so i would love to see you use the current charger as the base for it. would look really nice....good job Mr. DM

ooo another thing that i just noticed... the short height of the front end makes the hood look really really short... but i think the fact that you used a magnum also contributed to that... id really love to see what this would look like done on a charger

Very cool. :)

Interesting concept, MRDETROITMETAL!

third... its still a four door so it still suckz as a charger... (not as a car... just as a charger)

*raises eyebrow*

So, adding 2 doors, but keeping it RWD with a V8 option, is not a good thing for the Charger?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

OK, thx, very cool commets on this one. I will do it on a Charger that could be a very good fit, (gee why did'nt I think a that ??...lol) and no rust, but it was a burnt orange charger, hence the "brown coloring"...which I will also get rid of in the next one.

Thx, again as always I find your posts invaluable to me.

Is it just me or does it look like the front end has rust on it?

...Whadya expect? It's a Dodge...

Interesting concept, MRDETROITMETAL!

*raises eyebrow*

So, adding 2 doors, but keeping it RWD with a V8 option, is not a good thing for the Charger?

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

well the thing is... when i hear "charger" i think of a coupe... a small sporty coupe... and what did they build? a big sport sedan... if they had made it smaller it wouldve been fine and if they ha kept the size but made it a coupe it wouldve been fine... but big size plus 4 doors does not a charger make... no matter what the bages say

well the thing is... when i hear "charger" i think of a coupe... a small sporty coupe... and what did they build? a big sport sedan... if they had made it smaller it wouldve been fine and if they ha kept the size but made it a coupe it wouldve been fine... but big size plus 4 doors does not a charger make... no matter what the bages say

Hrm.

*rubs temple*

I know I shouldn't have "started" this, but I guess I was trying to make a slight point here ... perhaps a bad move on my part, so I apologize.

Be that as it may, let me explain ... and then you can hate me all you want ;). I'm going to explain in a rather "odd" way ... by taking your quote above and changing it slightly:

"Well the thing is, when i hear "Monte Carlo" I think of a coupe ... a mid-size luxury coupe with RWD and (at least) a V8 option ... and what did they build? a "smaller" mid-size coupe with FWD and V6 only (1995-2005). If they had made it RWD with a V8 option ... with the original Knight Crest/Shield emblem and bodylines, it would've been fine. But, FWD and V6 does not a Monte Carlo make ... no matter what the badges say."

So, given your feelings toward the 2006 Dodge Charger, perhaps you can understand the feelings of mine (and others) toward the 1995-present Chevrolet monte carlo.

*shrugs*

Or not.

Again, I apologize. My goal was NOT to start an argument/flame war ... just merely point out that your feelings about the '06 Charger are similar to mine of the 1995-present monte carlo.....

looks whacky kinda but wtf is with those damn stripes goin across all your pics... :huh:

Hrm.

*rubs temple*

I know I shouldn't have "started" this, but I guess I was trying to make a slight point here ... perhaps a bad move on my part, so I apologize.

Be that as it may, let me explain ... and then you can hate me all you want ;).  I'm going to explain in a rather "odd" way ... by taking your quote above and changing it slightly:

"Well the thing is, when i hear "Monte Carlo" I think of a coupe ... a mid-size luxury coupe with RWD and (at least) a V8 option ... and what did they build? a "smaller" mid-size coupe with FWD and V6 only (1995-2005).  If they had made it RWD with a V8 option ... with the original Knight Crest/Shield emblem and bodylines, it would've been fine.  But, FWD and V6 does not a Monte Carlo make ... no matter what the badges say."

So, given your feelings toward the 2006 Dodge Charger, perhaps you can understand the feelings of mine (and others) toward the 1995-present Chevrolet monte carlo.

*shrugs*

Or not.

Again, I apologize.  My goal was NOT to start an argument/flame war ... just merely point out that your feelings about the '06 Charger are similar to mine of the 1995-present monte carlo.....

true enough.. opinions are opinions i guess... evryones not gunna agree with you all the time... oh well haha... i never intended to start an arguement either... you just asked why i felt that way so i explained... sorry if it came off as angry or whatever... it wasnt meant that way at all

Hrm.

*rubs temple*

Be that as it may, let me explain ... and then you can hate me all you want ;).  I'm going to explain in a rather "odd" way ... by taking your quote above and changing it slightly:

"Well the thing is, when i hear "Monte Carlo" I think of a coupe ... a mid-size luxury coupe with RWD and (at least) a V8 option ... and what did they build? a "smaller" mid-size coupe with FWD and V6 only (1995-2005).  If they had made it RWD with a V8 option ... with the original Knight Crest/Shield emblem and bodylines, it would've been fine.  But, FWD and V6 does not a Monte Carlo make ... no matter what the badges say."

*shrugs*

Or not.

Again, I apologize.  My goal was NOT to start an argument/flame war ... just merely point out that your feelings about the '06 Charger are similar to mine of the 1995-present monte carlo.....

To each his own, but at least Dodge gave the Charger RWD and not one but 2 Hemi options. The old Charger isn't exactly what I'd call small either.

true enough.. opinions are opinions i guess... evryones not gunna agree with you all the time... oh well haha... i never intended to start an arguement either... you just asked why i felt that way so i explained... sorry if it came off as angry or whatever... it wasnt meant that way at all

No, it didn't come off as angry, etc. ... I just felt it was rather ironic, is all ;). I see you (and other FWD monte carlo owners) complain that those of us who are enthusiasts of the original, RWD Monte Carlos, are not accepting of the FWD versions completely ... when you were doing the exact same thing for the '06 Charger......

*shrugs*

I just find it odd that many people feel the FWD V6 monte carlos are Monte Carlos ... and then find a 4-door Charger to not be a Charger, when the Charger at least remained RWD ... with a V8 option.

And, I agree with Dodgefan, I wouldn't consider the older Chargers to be all that small....

ooo alright then... but ive never wanted anyone to fully accept the FWD monte... i just get mad when people dismiss it based on the fact that it is FWD... and dont even give it a chance beyond that... if youve had experience with one and still dont like it then thats fine... you at least had enough respect to give it a shot... its the pople who havent even allowed it to have a chance and still dismiss it that bother me

and for the record yes i have driven in a new charger... when i was in battle creek we rented an r/t with the 5.7 liter hemi... i didnt like it... for an explanation of why... go look at my thread in the lounge called "battle creek, michigan"

as far as size... they werent necessarily small... but they were definitely not as big as the current chargers are... wasnt the charger dodge's pony car? so it wouldve been similar to the mustang and camaro in size... not small but not exactly monte carlo, chevelle, GTO, challenger sized either...

ooo alright then... but ive never wanted anyone to fully accept the FWD monte... i just get mad when people dismiss it based on the fact that it is FWD... and dont even give it a chance beyond that... if youve had experience with one and still dont like it then thats fine... you at least had enough respect to give it a shot... its the pople who havent even allowed it to have a chance and still dismiss it that bother me

and for the record yes i have driven in a new charger... when i was in battle creek we rented an r/t with the 5.7 liter hemi... i didnt like it... for an explanation of why... go look at my thread in the lounge called "battle creek, michigan"

as far as size... they werent necessarily small... but they were definitely not as big as the current chargers are... wasnt the charger Dodge's pony car? so it wouldve been similar to the mustang and camaro in size... not small but not exactly monte carlo, chevelle, GTO, challenger sized either...

Charger was considerably bigger than the Mustang. The Challenger is more of a direct competitor. Tell me...why is it that the Charger, with not 1 but 2 powerful V8 options, RWD, modern chassis, good breaks, and good handling is not a real Charger cuz it has 2 (omfg 2) extra doors?

Whereas the Monte Carlo is on an older, FWD platform, until the refresh didn't have a V8 option, the V8 isn't as powerful as the 5.7 Hemi, had a horrible interior before the refresh, and despite having 2 doors...looks very odd/ugly. The refresh helped...but they shouldn't have stopped with just the nose.

Again, style is subjective, but I much prefer the Charger's bold styling to the weird looking (IMO) Monte Carlo. Let's not forget...I'm pretty certain the Charger will fairly easily outoerform a Monte Carlo. Seems like a true muscle car to me.

This goes into one of my old rants: If you want 2 damn doors cuz the extra 2 piss you off soooooooooo much...get the Challenger. It looks like a Challenger and it has two doors.

Edited by Dodgefan

....a pony car !!!!!????.....never was or will be.

it was a MONSTER out of the box even as a "stock charger" went you steped it up toa Super Bee, it was a Killer Bee, the ONLY car a Corvette had to worry about !, and it weighed what? ....3 times what a Corvette did !!!!

You could play the "see if you can grab that hunderd off the dash trick in a corvette, no problem your money was safe, justas they reach for it slam another gear....but, with a dodge 440 charger......it was here, "see if you can keep this cigarette in your mouth" !!!

BAD ASS CAR.

....& when they made the Daytona charger....it was gigantic and tolal overkill,....and f'in awesome, every last one ever made....awe - some as it was a true 180-200 mph STREET CAR in 1970...scary as hell, you definately KNEW that you were going WAY TOO FAST ! ---- the 440 Charger & the 427 Corvette both were 180 -200 mph REAL ORIGINAL AMERICAN SUPERCARS

>>>>not ponys, kids ride ponies.

....this was the original pix I used here, THAT is a nasty ass wicked car.

Posted Image

TRUST ME ON THAT, I was the guy in the Corvette !!! ''''

"f'in gunboat wat it was, & hunt'in Sting Rays didn'tm always get'em ....

BUT, just 1 tiny slip or hesitation on a shift or ?...and that Charger would just pull even with ya and you could NOT beat it...high end tourque !...WOW.

THIS was a PONY ASS CAR :

Posted Image

SEE the difference ????...LM(er' her)AO...& dodgefan, I do not think I have to remind YOU of the fact that the Charger was MAN"S car, the Challenger was just that....a friday night pussymobile. They both had thier stong points !!!!...LOL.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

ugh... now i really regret even saying that... but whatever... sorry if i offended anyone but im just not gunna try and argue any further... and dogefan... honestly man... you get really defensive really easily... you need to work on that... me and knightfan had a calm discussion about opinions... and then you come in here guns blazing...

and just so you know... the post you quoted... you proved me right...

Whereas the Monte Carlo is on an older, FWD platform,

ever ridden in one? dismiss it right off the bat because its FWD? thats what i dont like... if youve been in one and still dont like it then fine... if you refuse to even think about it bcuz its FWD then shut up your ignorant and your opinion doesnt matter in this situation

This goes into one of my old rants: If you want 2 damn doors cuz the extra 2 piss you off soooooooooo much...get the Challenger. It looks like a Challenger and it has two doors.

its not entirely the four doors... its also trying way too hard to be something that it is not... a coupe... look at the ridiculously sloped rear glass... a sport sedan is fine but when your blatantly trying way too hard to be a coupe... it gets pathetic... also... i dont like the floaty suspension on the thing... it makes the ride feel as if your drivin the V6 model when you've got the 5.7 see now look at that... ive ridden in it... driven it... given it a chance despite my problems with the styling... and still dont like it... thats what we like to call an informed judgement... where i let the car have a chance before i say it sucks for one reason or another... but ive never said it sucked... i said it was a great car... just not for the charger... similar to how lots of people say (understandably) that the monte is not good for the monte... and the GTO was not good for the GTO (even tho that was based purely on styling and when you think about it... it actually was perfect for what the GTO is) and that sort of thing... so im sooooo sorry if i offended you there dodgfan... but no need to get your panties in a bunch

and as far as the challenger... ive said it time and time again... i dont like it... it looks way too much like the old one... camaro is where its at

and sorry for being misinformed about the size of the charger... i always thought it was more of a pony car because it was released right around that time... oh well...

Edited by 04monteintimidator

me and knightfan had a calm discussion about opinions...

*nods*

Yes, we have ... which is a heck of a lot more than I can say for others who own the FWD monte carlos. I'm sorry, but the FWD versions will _never_ be a Monte Carlo to me. Yes, I've owned a 2000 LS ... sadly, for 4 long years. I liked it at first, but then quickly realized I much prefer my older MCs ... and would rather people see me driving a RWD Monte Carlo ... instead of a FWD version.

Still ... I don't let that get in the way of meeting people, talking to people, and (hopefully) making and keeping friends. I've learned way too well that people need people ... regardless of team or car or music loyalties.....

its not entirely the four doors... its also trying way too hard to be something that it is not...

Heh...I can hear myself starting that sentence about the FWD MCs, too.... It's no secret how I feel ... and I'm not going to start apologizing for it. Why not? Because I've never directed my distain at the owners ... it's always been directed at GM/Chevrolet. You've no idea how excited I was when I learned before the 1992 Chicago Auto Show that Chevrolet was going to introduce a concept Monte Carlo. I was so thrilled at the prospect that I literally talked (OK, perhaps conned is a better word for it) my Dad into taking me to that Auto Show. And, away we went. I wasn't too keen on the concept ... because it didn't have the bodylines or the emblem of the old MCs ... but I kept hope. Imagine my utter disappointment when the concept came to life in the form of the coupe version of the newly-restyled Lumina......

"There must be a reason for this pain I’m going through" ... Merle Haggard ... 'A Better Love Next Time'

Sorry if I came off as overly defensive, I was just point stuff out :P It's fine that you don't like the car, not everyone does, same with the Monte Carlo. I wonder what the next gen will be like?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook