FordCosworth

Ford Posts Record First Quarter Earnings - Pre-tax profit of $3.8billion:, Net Income $2.5billion

Today, we are reporting our first-quarter financial results. It was an all-time record quarter with very strong performance across the business, thanks to the hard work and results by our team around the world.

We set a record quarterly pre-tax profit of $3.8 billion. In North America, we achieved a record quarterly profit and an operating margin of 12.9 percent. We delivered our best quarterly profit in Europe since 2008, earning $434 million in the first quarter. Revenue in Asia Pacific climbed 18 percent to $2.7 billion, and pre-tax profit more than doubled. Ford Credit grew pre-tax profit, as well. 

Importantly, we continued to deliver strong top-line growth, generating higher volumes, revenues and global market share. Our automotive operating margin of 9.8 percent was a quarterly record, and the $2.7 billion we generated in automotive operating-related cash flow was a first-quarter record. 

Looking ahead, we remain confident in our plan to deliver another strong year in 2016 – with performance equal to or better than the record pre-tax profit last year. To achieve that, the entire Ford team will need to remain focused on our three priorities:
• Accelerate the pace of progress on our One Ford plan;
• Deliver product excellence with passion, and
• Drive innovation in every part of our business. 

Congratulations to the entire Ford team on an absolutely terrific start to 2016. Thank you for all you are doing to help Ford Go Further and become both an automotive and a mobility company.

Mark

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Q1.aspx

Excellence of execution helps Ford reap more profits than their Detroit rivals.

Ford's net income was about $100 million less than GM's gross income.

Nice to lead the way on the bottom line!

Hey, if you're a beancounter then this is great news. But when 37% of your production is going to fleet it's kinda like rooting for Maytag.

Also, copycatting my stuff just makes you derivitive :D :D :D

Hey, if you're a beancounter then this is great news. But when 37% of your production is going to fleet it's kinda like rooting for Maytag.

I'm a shareholder, not beancounter, and find this great news! 

Yes, it is excellence of execution and operational efficiency....Less sales than GM, yet Fords net profit is where GM gross profit is  :gitfunky:

Excellent to hear that Ford of Euro has turned a profit. Now if GM can just get Opel to be profitable.

As long as both Ford and GM are profitable, no complaints here. Keep the Engineering and high paid jobs here as much as possible. Yea for America! :metal:

• Upvote 2

Yes, it is excellence of execution and operational efficiency....Less sales than GM, yet Fords net profit is where GM gross profit is :gitfunky:

So you're shouting the praises of your favourite automaker because of your portfolio, not their product.

#theproblemexplained

Edited by El Kabong

Yes, it is excellence of execution and operational efficiency....Less sales than GM, yet Fords net profit is where GM gross profit is :gitfunky:

So you're shouting the praises of your favourite automaker because of your portfolio, not their product.

#theproblemexplained

Nope

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Uh... ya. You totally are.

Your OP was about Ford's financial performance, and your gut reaction to my question was to say you're a shareholder. Which is good insofar as being a beancounter goes. But...

And again, it would be different if your competition was bleeding cash. But with GM posting a two billion profit while building cars real live humans buy, it seems to have the more holistic approach.

Edited by El Kabong

I just prefer when a company makes a combination of good profits and product. It would be different if one was way out of whack, profit-wise. But that isn't the case.

Good grief people. Just stop this $h!. If I can back off the endless bickering, then so can you two.

It always good news when an American company makes more money, especially in an field as all encompassing as the automotive industry.

Both Ford and GM are showing a much healthier profile these days. Now if Fiat will just pull their heads out their collectives asses, the D3 circle of success will be complete. 

I just prefer when a company makes a combination of good profits and product. It would be different if one was way out of whack, profit-wise. But that isn't the case.

Bong, you have to lay off man. This never goes anywhere and you start looking like a certain quitter. Not good at all.

• Upvote 2

I don't quit.

AND, I'm not the one getting called out by other posters for posting fluff articles. I neither know nor care why certain types target me. But I'm not just gonna sit idly by while they do and not call BS.

Also... your status updates are funny, but they kinda undermine what you're saying about me.

Edited by El Kabong
  • Downvote 1

I don't quit.

AND, I'm not the one getting called out by other posters for posting fluff articles. I neither know nor care why certain types target me. But I'm not just gonna sit idly by while they do and not call BS.

Also... your status updates are funny, but they kinda undermine what you're saying about me.

Get this straight Bong. My status update had nothing to do with you although I really don't care who it undermines. Also, you are coming off like that quitter and if everyone is telling you the same thing then maybe, just maybe, it's you.

That is all.

• Upvote 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook