ATS/CT6 short take

ccap41

Those are pre-rendered images. Surreal, I though you were all about real life pics?

In reality, it's only the Platinum interior that are truly luxurious in the Cadillac. At it starts at the $80k + price point. Step inside the $63k luxury model and it's a different story as to how interior is so plain jane.

I've got the entire weight of  automotive media consensus behind me when I say the S-Class interior is superior. By how much, it's really irrelevant.

But I still like the CT6 way more than the S-class. 

That's a terrible bluff Casa. You're really willing to bet that the CT6 doesn't get crushed in interior quality (it's only real area of improvement) by the S-Class?

The ATS gets bested by others in interior quality. The CTS, against some also gets bested by a small margin (everywhere else it is fantastic, and the best). The one place where Cadillac does exceptionally well in the Escalade, hell, if that interior was pasted into the CT6, no one would complain, not even the most biased of auto journalists.

And remember, I'm keeping the talk specifically to interiors.

It's a veritable fact that the CT6 does not have an interior to match the Mercedes S-Class. That's not subject to debate.

coming from someone who has says that the S550.. S550.. S550's interior is on par with the Phantom's... or Bentley Conti's.. I piss on any words coming from your mouth saying something is "veritable." 

and also.. my CTS-V interior makes that S550 interior look weak

2016-Cadillac-CTS-V-cockpit.jpg

Only the top of the top end S-Classes look like that Sus.... If you get a designo interior in the S-class, yes, it's fantastic.  A base S550 is much more mundane.

A CT6 Platinum and a base S550.... probably pretty close on interior quality.   Which sounds right to me as they'll probably overlap there on price.

Those are pre-rendered images. Surreal, I though you were all about real life pics?

In reality, it's only the Platinum interior that are truly luxurious in the Cadillac. At it starts at the $80k + price point. Step inside the $63k luxury model and it's a different story as to how interior is so plain jane.

I've got the entire weight of  automotive media consensus behind me when I say the S-Class interior is superior. By how much, it's really irrelevant.

That's a terrible bluff Casa. You're really willing to bet that the CT6 doesn't get crushed in interior quality (it's only real area of improvement) by the S-Class?

The ATS gets bested by others in interior quality. The CTS, against some also gets bested by a small margin (everywhere else it is fantastic, and the best). The one place where Cadillac does exceptionally well in the Escalade, hell, if that interior was pasted into the CT6, no one would complain, not even the most biased of auto journalists.

Whether they are production shots or not is irrelevant as they are all done that way (referring to the three I posted).

Again, they rest of what you are saying is purely opinion based while you try to pas it off as fact.

Whether they are production shots or not is irrelevant as they are all done that way (referring to the three I posted).

Again, they rest of what you are saying is purely opinion based while you try to pas it off as fact.

But it does get beaten in luxury. Whether by the slimmest of margins in the base S550 versus the designo interior option that elevates the S-Class.

Here's the base model S-class interior. It's a damn nice place to be, and even the Platinum CT6 can't reach that.

Wait... didn't you just bang on someone for using a rendered picture?

2014-mercedes-benz-s550-interior.jpg

I couldn't find what I thought looked exactly like the configurator Drew. So I'm not sure that's the base model that you have posted.

Everywhere else the CT6 is top notch. The car is truly engineered as a proper Cadillac.

Again, we can minimize the advantages the S-Class has. But if that is the case, what exactly is holding Cadillac from doing those little things so they can charge that much more by making the interior, as well as the rest of the car unbeatable by any large sedan?

Here's the base model S-class interior. It's a damn nice place to be, and even the Platinum CT6 can't reach that.

Tells me to post live shots and then immediately posts another "produced" shot.

Why even bother having a discussion with you?

He sure did. My friend irony got a good laugh out of it.

But it does get beaten in luxury. Whether by the slimmest of margins in the base S550 versus the designo interior option that elevates the S-Class.

I couldn't find what I thought looked exactly like the configurator Drew. So I'm not sure that's the base model that you have posted.

Everywhere else the CT6 is top notch. The car is truly engineered as a proper Cadillac.

On quick visit to MBs site confirms this is base trim.

Also, you say you have the media as your evidence. Guess Drew doesn't count?

Surreal, you just said it's irrelevant whether the image is real or pre-rendered. So now all of a sudden I can't post one? 

Especially because I can't find an image of the most base model made by Mercedes. the only one that is the most accurate is probably from their configurator. These real life images must be models with at least a few options.

You don't get to move the bar here SMK II. We were talking about interiors l, not luxury. Duh! The S Class is more luxurious. It damn well better be for $100K and then some!

Surreal, you just said it's irrelevant whether the image is real or pre-rendered. So now all of a sudden I can't post one? 

Especially because I can't find an image of the most base model made by Mercedes. the only one that is the most accurate is probably from their configurator. These real life images must be models with at least a few options.

No. I'm saying make up your mind. Pick a stance and stick with it. You don't call someone out for that and then go do the EXACT same thing. If you don't understand the problem there, then this discussion is over.

No. I'm saying make up your mind. Pick a stance and stick with it. You don't call someone out for that and then go do the EXACT same thing. If you don't understand the problem there, then this discussion is over.

It wasn't that Surreal. I took your word at there's no issue with pre-rendered images. I apologize for the confusion, but I realized anything online outside of the image from the configurator had to be models with at least a few options, because I hardly think Mercedes would have a base model for their press fleet.

What bar am I moving Surreal? I have clearly stated how the S-Class is a poor value, if there is such a thing in a luxury field of value.

The CT6 is engineered as the best vehicle for its size in the world. But those finishing touches, that I agree, everyone has a right to say I'm making a big deal of, is what the difference is between the Cadillac and the Mercedes. If that gap didn't exist, the Cadillac would be the very sedan that could be the head of all flagship sedans.

I seriously am trying to find one glaring example of where the S550 is so superior based on this picture alone.. let lone real experience in the S550 vs the CT6. Furthermore the issues U have with the CT6 interior.. are addressed in the vehicles such as the CTS-V and Escalade that have a base price above it. Again.. FULL OF $h!

There's also the lower door cards, which, I think only the fiesty would really mull over.

There's also just the copious amounts of wood trim, and there are fewer jarring transitions between materials. Like I don't understand why the CT6 has that perforated material around the screen. If they continued the wood or carbon fibre trim to surround the screen, I think that would look cleaner. The air vents are also metal.

I may be sounding like someone who's either shallow or tacky - but these are not in MY taste. i don't care really for these features, but luxury buyers - a good chunk of them, they like these tiny details which are rather useless from a functional standpoint.

CCAP...

You said that the CT6 is sexy...

I have big faith in you and with that,  Ill take your word for it so you got me excited now...

I CANT WAIT to see this car in the flesh...

I also want to see the interior for myself.

Yeah, at the CT6's price point, I aint expecting boutique builder levels of quality and luxury...

But Im sure that the CT6 wont disappoint either.

Patience is what we need.

I know....I was down on Cadillac myself, but that was for the ATS...

CCAP also joked about that in the Chrysler 300 going FWD thread...

I guess the Camaro TRULY IS a LUXURY car as it has a V8 and the ATS...does not....

Turbo V6 for the ATS you say?

I think the V8 for the Camaro is force fed with air too...

Anyhoo, back to the CT6...

Nope, the CT6 is NOT premier lux....

The CT6 is just the REAL beginning of a long road for Cadillac becoming premier lux.

I just wished the CT6 was what the Ciel and El Miraj was selling us...

Edited by oldshurst442

This one point about the interior, that's really the only place the S-Class is ahead.

Which makes me wonder again why the CT6 ended up as it  is. Command is infuriating as hell to use, so CUE handily wins there, but the journalists now like iDrive, whatever that means to anyone.

Like everything from a technology and, powertrains and platform area, the Cadillac is easily at the top, outmatching anyone else. But that is something someone new to the brand won't see at first, it can only be felt in the drive, but only if they are actively looking for it too. I don't think there is a single large sedan save for maybe the RLX, that someone will suddenly get out of and not be satisfied with the way it drives.

Now here's the thing. I think Cadillac could do exceedingly well by going after anyone looking for a 5 Series, A6 or E Class with this thing. There, oh man it just $h!s bricks on those cars. In that case, the interior is equal or better in every match-up. 

I am in agreement with Sauviloquent.  The CT6 is just a big sized CTS (with less powerful twin turbo V6 and no V8).  It is no S-class, it isn't even on the A8's level when it comes to interior or performance.  And Drew has a good point about the metal switchgear and buttons in the Mercedes.  Top notch.

Also remember the S-class has laser drilled windshield wiper blades that dispense washer fluid.  The level of technology is unmatched.

The 11th commandment:

"Thou shalt never forget that the S-class is the standard bearer and flagship of the entire automotive industry."

Also remember the S-class has laser drilled windshield wiper blades that dispense washer fluid.  The level of technology is unmatched.

Except of course by my '94 Oldsmobile which also had wiper blades that dispensed washer fluid... 

• Agree 1

The XJ is sweet from the front and profile, but the rear bumper and taillights are disgusting..and the dash design is weak..not much wood, and those bulged center vents look cheap..the dash shape looks more suited for a sports car than a luxury sedan. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Except of course by my '94 Oldsmobile which also had wiper blades that dispensed washer fluid... 

Dont forget that Buick also had a system that squirted heated washer fluid in the late 1990s or early 2000s or sometime in the last decade....HEATED...

But if I recall, the system was recalled and dismantled for whatever reason....

IF Cadillac will mothball a CT8, then a CT6 and the Escalade BETTER be getting SOMETIME SOON that kind of S Class Maybach interior....

I think that is what Suave is eluding too...

Not from 20 holes inside the blade.

magic-vision-control-A.jpg

The XJ is sweet from the front and profile, but the rear bumper and taillights are disgusting..

I agree to 75% of what you said...

Agree with:

Sweet front profile =  25%

Sweet side profile = 25%

Disgusting rear bumper = 25%

75%

The remaining 25%:

I disagree with the taillights being disgusting....I like those.

I find the headlights to be weird though....but I like those too...

The front nose needs to be massaged a tiny bit to become more sexy, like a true Jaaaaaag.

The rear as well, but no biggie, all luxury cars suffer from boring butt...

BMW suffered from weird butt...

Better to suffer from bland butt than to suffer from weird butt...

The CTS coupe suffered from Nicky Minaj butt....

No wait, I like Nicky Minaj butt...

The CTS coupe just suffered fro good ol obese American butt...

Edited by oldshurst442

I have actually sat in the Genesis G90, actually for a while too, in every seat. And while it's got no cachet whatsoever... probably a huge mountain to cover in terms of brand awareness.

The interior will surprise many people. Nothing is particularly lavish, but there is a lot of consistency in finishes, and the switch gear is in between the Cadillac and the S550.

It was okay in terms of build though. Might have been an early model.

Not from 20 holes inside the blade.

magic-vision-control-A.jpg

I'll take the CT6's 360-degree Triggered Video Recording that automatically activates in a crash or  break-in, and  first twin-turbo powerplant to offer cylinder deactivation over the washer fluid coming out of different holes  :confused0071:

• Agree 1