ATS/CT6 short take

ccap41

OK....

This charade in making fun of the interior of that S Class  has GOT to stop!!!!

Other than a few misalignments, INDULGENCE is what THAT is called...

Lavish, excessive, arrogant....

Cadillac of all ironies....made a commercial for it!!!

Donald Trump's NYC residence bathroom interior

56d9e73639dd209e3.jpg

Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance.

Is/was just a gaudy for its time..

90-dElegance-interior-e1347825700211.jpg

We get it Casa..America is awesome....its cars are awesomer!!!!

Germany is Satan....

I share your sentiments...

HOWEVER....Cadillac and the CT6 are nowhere NEAR what the last REAL Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance represented....and it wasnt the 1992 version either that I talking about.....go back FURTHER into time....

Hell the Escalade aint nowhere near the 2016 S Class Maybach, despite what that 2-3 year old commercial states...

Let me repeat....LAVISH, EXCESSIVE, GAUDY, ARROGANT...

These are all CADILLAC traits!!!

Dont be jealous that Mercedes Benz has taken over Cadillac's old turf!

Edited by oldshurst442

Whatever car this is out of I don't care because it looks ballin as F.

Ummmm…….

I don't see it as an issue at all because at this price level the car is custom made to exactly what I want and if I got in it and there were all sorts of misalignment issues I'd just tell them to do it again and pick it up in a few weeks and in the mean time I'd be rolling around in my last gen Maybach.

OK....

This charade in making fun of the interior of that S Class  has GOT to stop!!!!

Other than a few misalignments, INDULGENCE is what THAT is called...

Lavish, excessive, arrogant....

Cadillac of all ironies....made a commercial for it!!!

Donald Trump's NYC residence bathroom interior

Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance.

Is/was just a gaudy for its time..

90-dElegance-interior-e1347825700211.jpg

We get it Casa..America is awesome....its cars are awesomer!!!!

Germany is Satan....

I share your sentiments...

HOWEVER....Cadillac and the CT6 are nowhere NEAR what the last REAL Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance represented....and it wasnt the 1992 version either that I talking about.....go back FURTHER into time....

Hell the Escalade aint nowhere near the 2016 S Class Maybach, despite what that 2-3 year old commercial states...

Let me repeat....LAVISH, EXCESSIVE, GAUDY, ARROGANT...

These are all CADILLAC traits!!!

Dont be jealous that Mercedes Benz has taken over Cadillac's old turf!

As much as it pains me to indulge in this particular conversation.. with this particular poster.. here goes..

NO.. NO... equating a styling element from the 1980s.. 30+ years later to Benz stealing Cadillac's "traits" is ridiculous. Or better yet.. one can be lavish, excessive, and even arrogant, without being Donald Trump GAUDY. Real elements of style tend to transcend the necessity of being tacky to show opulence. The Escalade commercial was about being bold.. not garish. About the evolving trends of luxury.. thru the times.. not about being stuck in the 70s and 80s. As cool as the interior of the Brougham was.. for the time.. I would not buy that style in a modern car today. It may be custom.. but it still looks old and tacky. 

Whatever car this is out of I don't care because it looks ballin as F.

Ummmm…….

I don't see it as an issue at all because at this price level the car is custom made to exactly what I want and if I got in it and there were all sorts of misalignment issues I'd just tell them to do it again and pick it up in a few weeks and in the mean time I'd be rolling around in my last gen Maybach.

and U are correct in saying that if U wanted that way.. U should be able to buy it that way. I would say the same if Cadillac offered this. Its your choice. But don't push that $h! as the epitome of luxurious. It is a limited few who see it as such.

To the misalignment issues .. Dude.. the Internet goes CRAZY if a PRE-PRODUCTION SRX (and GM told Motor Trend that it was back in '09) shows up with less misalignment issues in a first drive pic.. but the $300K+ Maybach gets a pass in a Promo-Pic?

• Agree 1

Ah yes Casa...

It pains you...it pains you because you know deep down inside...Im right!!!

One man's gaudiness is another's paradise!

The Ancient Greeks had a story about such....excessive, lavish, arrogant ways of wealth...King Midas and his touch...

Unfortunately for you, that kind of gaudiness is as old as man-kind...

Hence Cadillac hinting that is Cleopatra being carried away...

And we all know how not only Cleopatra,  but ALL of Ancient Egypt's Pharoes dressed themselves and decorated all their crap with...GOLD and all kinds of silk pillows and excessive head gear and what not...

The interior of the Parthenon....in Athens...GREECE...was decorated the same way.

And then an Indian Prince...in that Cadillac commercial.

Have you been to an Indian wedding?

Yeah...that is what Cadillac is eluding to in that commercial...

Luxury...and what it means...

Luxury is a personal definition...

To some, simplicity is what it is...to others...

LAVISH, EXCESSIVE, GAUDY, ARROGANT

The Cadillac Escalade....drowns in that shyte!

Every Cadillac pre-1970s....DROWNED in that shyte...

The ONLY Cadillac to be a run-a-away LEADER in its segment is the ONLY Cadillac to NOT hide its past and its intentions!

Hence the commercial.

Donald Trump.

Is the quintessential successful American driving around in...a Cadillac...in 2016...in an Escalade when in the 1950s he might have had an Eldorado...

But...The Donald does not own ANY Cadillac does he?

He owns Maybachs!

The Oil Shieks down in the Middle East...

Have you seen their properties?

Gaudy as hell!!!

Gold wrapped Bugatti Veyrons and Aventadors with Gold Wrapped Mulsannes...

And...CADILLAC ESCALADES!!!

Pool Side Commercial...and that Escalade Indulgence Commercial...and Donald Trump...

Is what Cadillac the brand,  the Escalade and the American Dream is all about! 

Be embarrassed of the Donald all you want...I recall though, that you LOVED the Pool Side Commercial...

Mercedes-Benz has taken over Cadillac's old turf...

The Kind is Dead!

Long Live the King!

Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss to paraphrase it another way.

Written by The Who.

The Ancient Greeks had another story to tell...something about sour grapes...

When will Cadillac "Make America Great Again"   and do so much winning that they get bored with winning

Do not need the old Cadillac to make America Great Again.

America is Great and Technology and innovation is what is driving this along with a division called Cadillac that builds fun to drive auto's that equal and beat much of the Euro and Asian rim auto's.

Better yet is that GM is a green company compared to MB and their green house gas producing products. 

EPA even shows they are! :P

• Agree 1